2017-11-04 10:35:34 (edited by Musicfan 2017-11-04 10:36:08)

Guys  I just want you to know that this topic is not for bashing or insulting, it's to push a dveloper to develop his game before it falls apart, it is first for his sake and secondly his players, users and the ones that sent tons of donations and bought items. This is our right, and theirs too.
@35
so you clearly admit that you are the reason of the trouble, it's you who spams others to do PK
@36
Clearly yes, it can be done through typing /mute followed by the players name
@37
No comment, just. lol.. Well said, isn't it smile
@38
I completely feel you, and that's what is being explained here.
@42
That's logic, in fact that's a good point about the game but people are missing it out. Just the weather should be balanced so that people don't die for no freekin' reason
@43
Please tell me how much do those drives cost? And let's say 4 of them, or three. Their money would have done a lot to the game, and as for me I think it's a lie that 2 t drive is specified for STW's stuff, it's just too much for it, way too much.
@47
You are directly insulting for no reason, secondly you , as I can see, don't know how to play STW propperly, so how would you maintain development if you had the code, that's absolutely hilarious
@48
You clearly explained what I couldn't
Thank you
@49
Beautiful points. As for now the store is modified enough, and it's easy so I see a very stupid point in making things harder by adding editions.

Life is one so live it

2017-11-04 11:43:41

LordLundin wrote:

Lol being bored out of my total mind I decided to try STW one day to see how it was these days.
Seeing all those micro purchases were nothing but fucking gross, and people who know me will know that I spent an insane a of money on certain games. Gotta also love how he says that buying an account is to show that you're not a cheater. Jesus fuck someone needs to spank that fucking kid. I see both Redspot and Survive the Wild as good potential games, both were fun at one point, but Redspot has turned from an action fps to an rpg or some shit like that, and STW? Seems like it's a pain in the ass but good thing you can spend some of your allowance to lighten up your load of crafting shit or whatever you do in those games these days. You know I would gladly buy the code off Sams hands and hand them over to someone who was a tad bit more responsible and who might actually make a little bit of cash on the side for maintaining and developing great games than this monetary rolercoaster that SamTupy productions has turned into.

I wish people could learn to give feedback without overlapping their feedback with such extreme personal insult, which for me, makes it very difficult to figure out what you're really saying. For me, and maybe others, this kind of feedback is rather pointless, because the only point I'm getting is the personal insult about Sam and the fact that you hate his games.
If that's not really what you ment, would you then please try again, but this time, without this pointless personal insult crap, so we can get some constructive criticism?
Or properly in your own words: Please try again without this personal kind of shitty fuck of nonsens, or we spank your kitty ass with the STW logo combined with a sign warning about cheaters until you fuck off! big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-04 11:57:42

Hi.
I have something which I hope really will be improved in the future: When a new version of the games is out, then please announce what's new. How would a developer otherwise get new people interested? What is the point of working very hard on updating a game with new features, and then release the new version without mentioning anything at all about the new features? I just don't get this...
Here is an example: I've just learned there is hand to hand combat with combos in Readspot. Yes, I have looked in the readme in the newest version, and I don't remember anything about combos at all. Maybe I just missed it. But my point is, if all the new features got announced, then I'm sure even more people would be interested to give it a try...
Read more about those awesome new features here:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=23419

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-11-04 13:04:19

too bad for the guy. he happened to be in a group with me once, and he does have something against sam. I recall it to do with a ban, but I can't remember, and quite honestly, I don't want a flame war either. my point is ignore his post, and move on. personal feelings shouldn't have a roll in here. for what it's worth, until recently, I found redspot a peace of crap. it was over complicated, for the powerful, AKA, admins to kill nubies. is that what he used to call fun? if it is, then obviously, the issue is that they can't have 95747 health, with 8575749 shields and shots. you get the idea.

2017-11-04 14:24:31

@brail0109
just look at Sam's topics. there is one about Lord lundin aka Andreas. He was banned just after Sam set him as admin because he spammed the hell out of persons who he thought cheeters and stuf.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-04 15:15:50

@53, to see the new features read changelog.txt

readme gave you good information about combos of RS, but   combos, are something you have to find out yourself 
because, if sam list's all of combos and achievments in readme, there will be no fun at finding them out and spoiling them

2017-11-04 15:41:41

Another thing to add is that if not Sam, then who else would develop the game? Admins can do some serverside codes as was mentioned, but they confessed that they are limited on coding. Then if not Sam who develops and responds to player's suggestions, then who else would?
The walls don't hear so that we can tell them to make a new update, Sam must come to check this topic, we are here with our opinions to help maintaining STW before it falls down, we are not doing the reverse

Life is one so live it

2017-11-04 16:41:07

Okay, I'm going to chime in here.

I've only been playing STW for two months. Temperature was already in place when I joined. I died a fair few times in the first week or so that I was playing, but I learned how not to die whenever I could control it. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of this game. Sure, some things frustrate me, and I'd like to see more variety in fruits, animals and hazards, but this thread isn't for listing all the things I'd like added. I wish it was—it would be more positive.

I will admit right here that I spent about $150 Australian on STW for my birthday. I was happy to do it. I loved and still love this game. I love the sounds, I like being able to craft things (although it can be frustrating sometimes), and I love all the different maps to explore. There are a lot of areas I would like to see improvement in, and I can tell you guys agree with me at least in that respect. Perhaps Sam is spending more money on Redspot than STW, and that's kind of sad, especially for me, since I never ever intend on playing that game. Player-killing is not something I relish.

But guys. guys. Guys.

Sam. Is. A. TEENAGER. Yelling at him is not going to solve your problems. Of course he's going to have his priorities all scrambled. Of course he's not going to be the best dev in the history of audiogames! He's, what, fifteen? Who out of any of us was fantastic at anything at that age? Who out of any of us was trying to run a business at that age? All yelling at him and telling him how bad he is is going to do is discourage him and drive him off working on STW, or any other game, ever again, and I know at least the majority of you don't want him to do that.

2017-11-04 17:10:22

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

@53, to see the new features read changelog.txt

readme gave you good information about combos of RS, but   combos, are something you have to find out yourself 
because, if sam list's all of combos and achievments in readme, there will be no fun at finding them out and spoiling them

Thank you. My bad. I just looked again, and realized that my readme file was corrupted somehow. That was strange... So I downloaded the game again and got the full readme and found what I was looking for... I had some issues with my internet connection some time ago, and that seemed to effect more than I thought. I think that was the reason for the corrupt readme. So I take back all my words regarding this... My point was not to have everything spoiled. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-11-04 17:58:17

as harsh as his post was, I sort of agree with @lordlondon. Sam does have some issues, to put it litely. I'm not going to get into anything personal like lordlondon did. Survive the wild is run how most games are run. The admins maintain the server and game, and the dev does behind the scenes stuff and comes on every once in a while. I no longer enjoy redspot, because as lordlondon said, its basically a realtime rpg thing built on drama. But stw is a pretty good game, we need more open world games besides it and swamp.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-04 19:00:14 (edited by Amine 2017-11-04 19:09:23)

I'm sorry for getting out of topic, but I felt the erdge to reply. LOL all I am gonna say is that people should go check out the definition of rpg. I'll try to list some differences, but you definitely gotta google what's a role play game. I know rs isn't a truely true fps, but it definitely ain't no rpg. In an RPG, like stw, you act as your character, you don't talk about real life stuff and all that crap, the game is all about building up your character, and customising it . , you gotta differentiate between out of character, and in character. In an fps on the other hand, you have to collect stuff that helps you fight enemies, kill destroy whatever words stand for that. Let's take swamp as an example. It has food on hard core but does that mean it's an rpg? Hell no it's an fps, a first person shooter!

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-04 19:18:13

yeah, redspot is technically an fps, but its been ruined so much with team play and crap that you have to grind to the extent that it feels like world of warcraft type of game without the leveling and ranks and different classes and crap.

2017-11-04 21:45:06

The Imaginatrix wrote:

Okay, I'm going to chime in here.
believe me, being a teenager or whatever doesn't have to do with all this. Because he has users who suggest him , and you see what smoke said, they are admins but they hardly get him to code something
I've only been playing STW for two months. Temperature was already in place when I joined. I died a fair few times in the first week or so that I was playing, but I learned how not to die whenever I could control it. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of this game. Sure, some things frustrate me, and I'd like to see more variety in fruits, animals and hazards, but this thread isn't for listing all the things I'd like added. I wish it was—it would be more positive.

I will admit right here that I spent about $150 Australian on STW for my birthday. I was happy to do it. I loved and still love this game. I love the sounds, I like being able to craft things (although it can be frustrating sometimes), and I love all the different maps to explore. There are a lot of areas I would like to see improvement in, and I can tell you guys agree with me at least in that respect. Perhaps Sam is spending more money on Redspot than STW, and that's kind of sad, especially for me, since I never ever intend on playing that game. Player-killing is not something I relish.

But guys. guys. Guys.

Sam. Is. A. TEENAGER. Yelling at him is not going to solve your problems. Of course he's going to have his priorities all scrambled. Of course he's not going to be the best dev in the history of audiogames! He's, what, fifteen? Who out of any of us was fantastic at anything at that age? Who out of any of us was trying to run a business at that age? All yelling at him and telling him how bad he is is going to do is discourage him and drive him off working on STW, or any other game, ever again, and I know at least the majority of you don't want him to do that.

Life is one so live it

2017-11-04 23:07:24

In response to post 51.
I'm not lying, though, I don't really care if you think I am or not, because I'm just here to give what info I have so that things don't get twisted, I haven't even played StW in a year, and I don't plan on it either. I've been very clear in saying it when I don't know something for sure.

For the hard drives, Sam has large amounts of sounds, I forget how much but I think it's around 1.5TB, but he also has large amounts of audio books and audio dramas, probably at least several hundred gigs.
He also has movies and TV shows, which, are really big and can easily add up very, very fast, I'm talking 10GB per season at 720P, but of course it's highly dependent on what formats you use.
He also< i'm quite sure, has backups of the most important stuff, sounds mostly, along with some public access storage for his public FTP, though I don't know if he's doing that any more.

When I say he has X amount of hard drives, it's because he told me that, not because I heard it from someone else. I may not remember perfectly, but it's not as if I'm trying to hide that fact.

2017-11-05 00:53:14

RPG is not the definition for redspot . The best definition for redspot is a first person strategy, witch by the coincidence is also fps! roflroflroflroflrofl!

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-05 01:17:41

Defender, I was just asking how much dollars do those hard drives cost. I surely did not say you were lying nor I would say it either

Life is one so live it

2017-11-05 03:44:40 (edited by defender 2017-11-05 03:46:04)

I'm honestly not that upset, I wasn't much in the first place, but either way you apologized.
Still, yes, you actually did say I was lying, so you would, in fact say that, cuz ya did. lol

"and as for me I think it's a lie that 2 t drive is specified for STW's stuff,"

Anyway, you were asking about the price.
It depends mostly on weather it's a portable drive or not, most of Sam's aren't.
Generally, desktop drives are cheaper per TB, and you can also get a higher capacity, though right now they cost about the same, with a 4TB desktop and portable both costing around 120 dollars.
A couple years ago, E.G. when he probably bought most of them, and portables over 3TB weren't around yet, the comparison would be more like 100 bucks for a 3tb desktop drive and 150 or more for the same capacity in a portable.

2017-11-05 04:17:22

Okay, did Sam purchase the entire Hollywood Edge sound library? Cause that costs like around 12000 or 32000 dollars, depending on which package you buy. Also, someone here mentioned something called a RAID hard drive. What is it, and what does it stand for?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-05 09:22:21

@65, isn't stw first survival crafting game for the blinds

2017-11-05 09:27:34

No defender I did not say you were lying, I just gave an example, thinking that specifying 2 hard drives for stw would be just unbelievable for me, but I did not say it was like real lying. Because 2tera hards for one game is..

Life is one so live it

2017-11-05 13:06:46 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-11-05 13:08:45)

@Musicfan: Being a teenager has a lot to do with this, actually. American schooling is very stressful, and he has hormones flooding through him right now that aren't helping matters. When you have to keep the eight subjects you're studying straight in your head in order to finish all those homework assignments, and you also have two games you're developing, one of which might be more fun for you to work on than the other, and also your parents are probably worrying why you spend all your time up in your room and not with them, it's a wonder he gets as much work done as he does. I'm not saying don't make suggestions or pretend there aren't issues. I'm saying don't be mean. Being mean never makes good things happen.

Also, next time you quote, try to make sure your response is outside the quote. I nearly scrolled past it.

2017-11-05 17:36:47

Well OK, I understand, but he wasted and not spent, rather wasted a long time for RS, if he would have taken it for STW it'd have been better, because STW is half paid, RS is fully free. There is a matter

Life is one so live it

2017-11-05 19:40:36

you gotta think though, if sam has this much time to work on the games, his parrents must either know what he does or just let him stay up on his computer and not care if he has any kind of life outside of that. I'm not trying to bash him, but being only slightly older than sam myself I know that most kids our age are outside with friends and things, there not usually just sitting in their room on a computer because its safe and he won't get mugged or hurt because outside is dangerous or what ever the hell. And yes, some blind people actually are scared to go outside or do anything. I'm not saying sam is, either. At his age though that's a likely cenario.

2017-11-05 19:46:27

I am twenty-three, and ever since something therrible happened to me last year, I've been afraid to travel long distances for fear of having another episode. I'd like to hear more about Sam's lifestyle and how it could contribute as a possible schema to his game development.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-05 20:17:32

Nobody take this harshly, but to me it sounds like he's a tipical blind kid who spends 90 percent of their time on the computer. I'm sure some of us can relate to that for various reasons. I'm not sure why, but all blind people seem to just naturally be good at computing, lol.