2017-11-03 00:13:24

I'm going to play devils advocate here. How do we know that the money from the STW goes to Redspot? Sure, redspot got a new server and it's less laggy, But for all we know, one of Sam's friends is hosting it.  Do we have any evidence? Does the store specifically says the money will go towards the games improvement?  I am not saying anyone is wrong, just something to think about.

2017-11-03 00:42:08

agree with post 26. Is there really any proof that that money was even used for Sam's development? He may have bought a movie ticket, a snak for school, a brand new hed set. I am shure that he has other money resources so goodness knows what did he use to get the new server. Lol I really didn't think about this.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-03 00:43:52

Sam has been buying several moderately expensive sound libraries, not as many lately but he had been a few months ago, and he was very open about it; I'm guessing that he probably spent a few thousand on them in all.
Many of these libraries can't be found on torrents or file sharing sites, mostly because they are indi, and several are extremely new and therefore less likely to be shared.
He has been using these to add sounds to Redspot and StW, I can hear that they are the same sounds, he often doesn't modify them much, if at all.
From what I can tell, his family is somewhere in the middle class, and at the age he is, I can't imagine how he'd be getting this money otherwise, given his relatively sheltered personality... I doubt he's drug running, lol.
He's bought some stuff for him self, a gaming keyboard I believe, either a new computer or some new hardware for his existing one I forget which, an exercise ball to sit on while he codes and games, a solid idea for good posture, though that may have been around before, some graphic audio series for sure, but that's not really very excessive in my opinion.

I don't know what his finances look like, obviously their are some players that will consistently spend the money, but from what I can tell, STW and redspot are both losing players.
Either way, he may not be getting money at the exact same time each month, but he is raking it in from a pretty dependable source, the aformentioned core of big spenders who are unlikely to give up the game any time soon.

That's all I know though.

2017-11-03 00:59:32

amerikranian wrote:

I'm going to play devils advocate here. How do we know that the money from the STW goes to Redspot? Sure, redspot got a new server and it's less laggy, But for all we know, one of Sam's friends is hosting it.  Do we have any evidence? Does the store specifically says the money will go towards the games improvement?  I am not saying anyone is wrong, just something to think about.

yes Redspot and STw are on the same server. And i also don't think it is any secret that some people have donated for RS, but also that the vast majority of the costs of the server comes from STW store purchases. But yeah, 100% the RS server is hosted by Sam, i talk to him quite a bit and this is something we've talked about in the past. Also don't read this as me shitting on anyone, including Sam, I'm just putting info out there for people to have the proper information.

2017-11-03 03:05:26

I have to say from my personal experience here when I was playing STW.

First, admin. I saw some people complained about admins on STW. When I was playing the game, I never have a single issue with them. I know, maybe some of them are childish, but not all of them. Some admins like Smoke-J, Diana, Or Mayana, are very helpful when the players are in dangerous situation. This is not to defend Sam, or other admins, it is from my point of view about the admins.

Second, as someone have said earlier, Sam should make some items findable, and if people liked it, they can decide whether to donate to the game in order to get more items, or not, it's up to them.

That's it for me. And sorry for my poor English. It's not my official language.

2017-11-03 08:10:14

@pauliyobo
I advise you to go read Redspot's ever changing MOTDS that always talk about a new change, I advise you to go read its changelog and see how much things it has got, the new three d system as well and see how much good its interface became and how much it is getting better than to STW if we compare it with development.
@blink_wizard
I thank you for the first lines, but I do not think that there is a better way to show what we need more than what we did. A complete 1 year of of no updates, why do you think no one has shown him that they really want something new to come out? Of course they all did.
@ethin
Admins are limited yes, but that's for what we want a new client update. Do you think players would really continue to play with the always limited stuff that have been there for a long time? Why would they even continue to play a routine.
He's getting money for what he should, and no one knows how much he pays but I am sure that he gets enough monthly purchases.
@SLJ
Buying from the store and donating are 2 completely different things. In the store you can specify the amount of the item you want to buy and you can pay real money that you make in your own life, but sadly for an outdated game.
There is a donation button on Sam Tupy's website, but it's still different than the store itself. Furthermore, if people bought from the store or donated they still have the right to requests for new features,s because what would a game be without its players?
@flackers
Agree on a half.
@sito
Thanks. You are clearing up too much things I were about to say. Sito!
@Smoke-J
Really no comment. You have done the never done thing. Thank you for your comment - it also showed people new things that I couldn't express as well.
@defender
This topic was made just to show the difference between STW's development and Redspot's constant development.
So I had to create a topic for it to make it easier, I do not always participate in topics, I even didn't have an account for long so I just was reading and reading. So I better created my own topic for me and people to express.
@Juliantheaudiogamer
Thank you for commenting, that's what we'll want for the game, to be better.
@BigGun
I'm not sure how the developer would link 2 games but I'd tell you that this topic is for both. Thank you
@defender
I don't see the violent thing lol, but once again this topic is for comparison.
@amerikranian
This is already logic and does not need a too much thing, Sam has the only way to buy and sell is, the STW store. Without it he wouldn't be able to do anything. Let's say maybe a friend collaborated with buying the sounds, still the server paiment remains to be done, and vise versa.
@BigGun
It's obvious. Do not get all against me when you just commented on what you don't know
@defender
Some good points but it'd be better to spend that money on STW and not just on Redspot. If he bought the sounds he must put them to STW as well, he created hundreds of weapons for RS so why not make new recipes for new craftable weapons
@smoke-j
I said what I could because it has been too much to be endurant for, what counts is he wastes more money than he would do to Redspot. Man, OK. Let the money go but releace an update, releace something new for the love of God, something new for people to enjoy, make the game look like a new one by your new features and do not let it go down step by step.
@socheat
Absolutely right, not all the admins are corrupted, as I said without them the game wouldn't be anything.
At last but not least, all what I try to do is not to be against Sam or his friends, or even the ones that are loyal to continue with the game, but it's better to start a discussion and solve the problems before we let it go from our hands.
My greetings

Life is one so live it

2017-11-03 09:24:43

my suggestion, to make stw a better game, remove the pk system so we can kill everyone without asking them hello alireza, pkpkpkpkpkpk?

2017-11-03 09:57:53

@Ali, if someone spams you with the PK, why not add them to your mute lists?

2017-11-03 10:16:10

@Alireza that's a totally stupid suggestion LOL sorry if it sounds offensive. What we were saying is not just about PK but about the game entirely.

Life is one so live it

2017-11-03 10:45:29

@SoCheat,   i'm spamming others for pk,
@musicfan,  i didn't read your topic i just sent the post  maybe sam see's it and remove pk system

2017-11-03 11:25:36

@Ali, maybe you don't get what I've said. I meant, if someone spam you with the chat "PK PK PK", why not add them to your mute list? From what I've known, STW also had a feature to mute the chat from certain people, doesn't it?

2017-11-03 11:57:16 (edited by Amine 2017-11-03 12:29:55)

his idea to remove the pk system is completely pointless. You have redspot if you want that. But that's not what the topic is about. I'm glad someone posted an actual topic addressing the issues in a formal and reasonable way, unlike the most redspot topics we see here. I agree with what post 1 said, and post 20 has explained enough already. I don't think there is anything more to say about it.
@26 and 27
We all know that Sam pays over a hundred buks for his server, monthly and an extra 20 for the windows licence, there is no one hosting redspot other than Sam you can ask him about it I guess. It's as mentioned before, most of the stw store money is spent either on sound libs and storage hard drives, and a little bit on Sam's offline life needs.
If you still don't get how stw is paying for redspot, stw pays for the server redspot is hosted on,  and the libraries used in developing it. True some people might of donated to rs, but we all know for a fact, if it was not for stw rs and all Sam's projects will be 5 feet under a grave.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-03 15:49:01

hi there. unfortunately, as an active STW player, I must agree with this. we get server updates all the time, and they're welcomed, and they're nice, but we want something. we wake up every day, thinking this will be it. we're waiting and waiting, thinking now is the time. we wait, wait, only to... see another... redspot update! hey cool, maybe STW comes next. oh wait... another... redspot update? so STW comes now, it's got to come next. oh no, you get admins adding in new items, and new competitions, to keep up the fun. so still no client update. STW got 1 update over my 1 year's worth of playing, redspot got like 5. and only now, I will go on redspot every now and then. it's community is seriously, or at least, can be seriously worrying, not in the nicest way. when you get called a cunt for absolutely no apparent reason, you somehow don't feel welcomed on there. or at least, I sure didn't. I think it's no secret, that if not for the admins, we wouldn't have what we have now. so, thanks smoke, thanks jimmy, thanks hamada, thanks amine, thanks akilor, and whoever may have done something that I'm not aware ofhe admins, as smoke has suggested, sometimes aren't available when needed, or are busy, and that is totally, like, totally, understandable. so  the simple solution is to get more admins. there are a handful of us who know their stuff, have never, and would never dream, of cheating. more reliable admins would also mean more potential fun. so energy has been taken away, that was apparently broken. I'm pretty sure that was a feature change, and not broken. fair thing, it had to go, because of certain coltures, that I shall not name. but I still find claiming that it was broken, slightly misleading. the weathering is totally out of balance, and I watch friends as nubies die day to day, every day. I shouldn't have to recover them through NVDA remote, but I do. hunger and thirst goes up so high, which, alone wouldn't be an issue. but for goodness sakes, you're a nubie. you barely know how to play. so how the hell are you supposed to survive? STW is something I'd be willing to pay out for, (and I love, love, things for free!) but I don't have paypal access. so while I have DFC as it stands, if I ended up dying, I'm pretty sure I'd just leave the thing altogether. trading is getting harder and harder, because of the above mentioned changes. so unless you have friends, that can literally feed you with DFC, you may struggle. and apologies if this comes out as a complaint, it's not supposed to. I'm just a slightly disappointed, what now counts as an old time, STW player, that is still waiting. unfortunately, there isn't another game like STW, so I can't just move on and stop playing altogether. I have offered to help in the past, to make it better. I am still willing to do so. the other week, the weather was so bad, I was thinking of doing a recording on the any audio network, showing how things go out of control.  I don't like doing podcasts, and frankly, the weather doesn't affect my main char at all. but there are hundreds of others, who are affected. I don't know how to more professionally explain it, but once again, bashing is, not! my intention. if I can be of some help, someone, do contact me. most of you know my skype, feel free to get in touch, and we'll make better, what we can.

2017-11-03 16:12:10

Hello, everyone.
First of all let me tell you how I first heard about STW. You see, a friend of mine was uploading some of his JAWS is a Murderer backstory trailers to this site called Audio.net, so one day I clicked the bottom of the site because there's usually copyright information as well as the hosting company's information. So I clicked the link to Sam's actual web site, and I saw a few games listed on there. This was back in late March or early April. I forgot all about it until I was somehow reminded to check again and download STW. I installed it, created an account, and started my adventures. From my experience since then, I personally like the concept of STW, but I think there needs to be more replayability, or replay value.
Moving onto another related topic. In July, I decided to investigate types of server operating systems so I could host my own web site and WordPress, and I remember making a note in my diary about this company called https://www.vps.net/ so I went on their site and purchased a Windows 2008 R2 Server. @Ethin, Why would something like that cost that much? I only had to spend fifty-something dollars a month for the server, but that's probably because I didn't have many nodes or disc space. You might remember when I came on this forum, asking about how I could host Windows games on Unix and Unix-like systems. I got responses such as use Wine or Debian. I thought Debian was a programme that you installed, not an actual Linux distribution that originated from Ubuntu.
In mid August, I wrote to Sam to ask him about how he hosted his web sites, as I had no success with WAMP, which is a local server used for testing purposes. I was also curious to know how he built the Any Audio scripts so it could function properly.
I stopped coming on STW for a while because I had a problem with a player who stole a large amount of DFC's I had accidentally given, and an incident back in early June when supposedly EthinWolf had done something with No-IP. But that was a domain issue--not a server issue, but I guess that's why I didn't receive e-mails when I made purchases from the STW store.
Here's what I care about. You tell the site what product you want to buy, payPal sends an instant PayPal notification to the web server, the script generates your token, and you put that token into STW and you get your produt. It's automated. You don't have to wait for anyone to process your order.
I started coming back to STW when I heard about the new recipes, and yes, big thumbs up to post 20. Very well-said. I'm looking to seeing your impending blog post.
Oh, and going back to the problem about using Linux and Wine, Mason Armstrong, or Masonian uses Ubuntu and Apache. I know this because once I tried playing Scrolling Battles, Your World, and it told me a new update was available. I said yes, but then I got a message saying, this file is no longer available, followed by the Apache2.4.something Ubuntu 16.04. so if Mason was able to successfully get a BGT game to work on Ubuntu using Wine, why can't Sam do the same?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-03 16:19:27 (edited by Amine 2017-11-03 16:25:47)

@39
The reason is that bgt was mainly made for windows, and Sam doesn't wanna trust linux being the host os of stw. Maybe if the game was a little bit smaller then probably he could, but either this is a lie or it's true, There were roomers saying that you can't trace bgt run time erors if you host on linux using wine.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-03 18:28:19

i used to have blinkwizards game hosted on wine with arch linux till i got a windows server 2012 vps for 10 dollars a month with a 1gbps connection. but my point is, that servers that are bgt based can run on linux and you can coppy the stack trace to your clipboard by pressing Y at the bgt runtime error box. and to get back on topic, Weather was the reason i left stw, because i had 100 thirst and 200 hunger and i was not hot and then i teleported to the camp ground, and as soon as the teleporter finished, i died and then i raged but my luck i had 1 more dfc. braille0109 was online when this happend and he joshed me for a while lol but that was the main reason i left. admins on stw were always helpfull, something i cuoldn't really say for redspot, but i guess it is what it is.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2017-11-03 19:25:04

ernie wrote:

can run on linux and you can coppy the stack trace to your clipboard by pressing Y at the bgt runtime error box.

And what about making it auto restart when it crashes? Or do you have to rerun it everytime? Also, when you are a newbie, you don't start, buy a teleporter and teleporte. You gotta do basic stuff first, get used to how things work, craft pots cook and what not, then you can go to higher levels.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-03 20:03:38

Yes, I forgot about storage Hard drives, he has several, at least 4 or 5 I think, all over a TB, some over 4TB.
Also, for STW, the sounds went into the background environments and footsteps mostly.

2017-11-03 21:00:32

@44
lol lol lol no that's just his signature. LOL I'm sorry that just made me laugh.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-03 21:05:15

LOL, I should have seen his previous posts but I guess I didn't, else I wouldn't have said that.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-03 22:05:09

@defender, you do know he could turn those drives into RAID arrays? Four to five is plenty to do that. A nice RAID 5 configuration with either striped drives or mirrored configurations is perfect fr backups, though it might slow his computer down a little.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-04 00:41:07

Lol being bored out of my total mind I decided to try STW one day to see how it was these days.
Seeing all those micro purchases were nothing but fucking gross, and people who know me will know that I spent an insane a of money on certain games. Gotta also love how he says that buying an account is to show that you're not a cheater. Jesus fuck someone needs to spank that fucking kid. I see both Redspot and Survive the Wild as good potential games, both were fun at one point, but Redspot has turned from an action fps to an rpg or some shit like that, and STW? Seems like it's a pain in the ass but good thing you can spend some of your allowance to lighten up your load of crafting shit or whatever you do in those games these days. You know I would gladly buy the code off Sams hands and hand them over to someone who was a tad bit more responsible and who might actually make a little bit of cash on the side for maintaining and developing great games than this monetary rolercoaster that SamTupy productions has turned into.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-04 01:22:31 (edited by Amine 2017-11-04 01:30:56)

@47
that was a really productive comment. Productive in a bad way. You don't really need to start flame wars cause this topic isn't meant for that. From your words you clearly have something personal against Sam, and if you do please solve it privately, no need to bash on the developer on here. half if not all,  of your post had no point and was not needed at all. If you wanna reason, let's do it the right and good way, no need for offence twords others.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-04 02:01:15

Okay, explain more about this micro business. Are you talking about the little bundles like regular ultra, massive, and dream stuff? If you had your way about designing the STW store, how would you design it?
For me, if I can't afford a few DFC's, I could choose to buy one, three or five, instead of ten, fifteen or twenty-five. Or maybe what we need is a way to enter quantity of a given product, like how you enter a quantity of a product at an on-line store.
what part of the game is RPG? You only have one character whose only role is to survive. That's all people can choose. also, if we are supposed to play the character of Sam, why did he use a different voice in the socials menu, and whose voice did he use if that part isn't being kept secret for anonymity reasons?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-04 02:02:10

@lord_lundin
I think that everyone can understand your point with out something like that thing that Sam Tupy productions has become. Really. Not that I see anything personal in his posts, more over I think that his points were quite valid, but I meen, can we please stop doing that childish joke names thing? I don't see that it's needed in the leest.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.