2017-08-05 15:10:11

I kinda used to do too sometimes back when I was quite new. I can manage fine now, and usually don't do it unless I gather enough of what's required to complete it, or in case it's mob, when I'm quite certain I can take on it. That's one reason why quest list number and quest progress commands exist. The only downside of a quest though, is if a quest crashes by bugs or by whatever, you'll need an im's help to fix it, which they usually do. You're limited to one quest at a time, so take whatever you're ready for, and explore as much as you can to learn about where is what, for the expanding of your in-quest knowledge.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-05 15:10:58

@Marta, I don't have skype so while I appreciate the effort you put in with the group I am afraid it didn't work in my case.
Missing high point  is obviously not a good thing though the mud does not really help if you get  kicked out automatically with no way back.

I suspect you might be correct on alter maybe being spammy in it's initial settings, it seems to be something with dicu muds, though to what extent the lack of spam in alter is dependent upon the soundpack, and to what extent it is dependent upon the screen reader toggles in the mud itself I do not know, though I have tried alter with vanilla vipmud and no sounds and was successful, though maybe that is because I know the game?

While I do believe Ca is at the faster end of muds as compared to something like 4d or Aardwolf, I do suspect it is partly me who is doing something wrong meaning that I am getting blown away far more easily than I should be, which is why the game is frustrating me right now, ---- that and the "oh and get me an item and I'm not telling you where or anything else" type of quests.

I will confess I let my exploration of Ca, and of muds in general slide a bit, though manifestly I have other games to play and things to be done, also I will admit that when I'm doing so badly with a game it doesn't exactly encourage me to continue.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-05 16:39:26

good game

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-08-05 20:09:36

I think a restructuring of the newbie experience is in order here. Quest 4 and the first part of 6 should be split off and made into their own quest that's first on the list. This would show you how to get to motown, get your basic training and still be able to go back to do the other quests and settle in properly. Right now it's way too easy to go over level 10 and be dumped in motown while your still learning the ropes of the game, without actually doing the quests that... let you learn the ropes of the game. For those of you who have ended up in this situation and want to go back, find torpedo drive, follow it south til you get to the docks, Follow the docks southeast to the pier, follow the pier and board the ferry, when you get off, head through the security checkpoint to the south and follow the path south to the security office. In the office, call the elevator and go west to get on it when it arrives. When it stops moving, head through the tunnels here  until you start to go up a few times. At this point, you'll find a plate that's closed. Open it, head up, open the stone and go north. You should be back in more familiar surroundings at this point. High point is just southwest of you.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-08-06 04:23:10

I didn't plan to get you on skype so that I could help you, Dark. We were just there and were already set to group help you on Cyber Assault at any moment. We were on the newbie channel trying to help you thhat day, but you just got frustrated about something and logged out. Trying something out by yourself is really a good way to go, and that also means you have to pay double attention to your surroundings, look at things, read the description, talk to npcs...I find it quite meh that you don't know about master fabricator just two east of the armory, since 99% of newbs I've helped knew about it as a general knowledge.

Yes, you can get back to high point at any moment below level 15. I have to admit though it's super easy to be left out of that place after you're done with the nekker quest, but usually unless you accidentally get fame from maryville or kill the nekker yourself, which mean you've already been through bootcamp, you won't level as fast as that. I'm going to see if I can figure out with ims to make it more newbie friendlier.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-08 21:53:03

While I do somewhat agree that the game has some neat stuff in it, here are some issues I've had while trying to play.

First, and as was mentioned before, a lot of the quests later on can be very difficult to complete, almost making the effort not really worth while unless you've got butt loads of levels. It's either you'll not be able to locate the item needed to complete it, you'll know where to get the item because someone's been gracious enough to tell you but you get one-shotted by the NPC that has the item or on your way to it, etc. the disappointing thing for me was that the quests in the newbie zone were actually really fun and well done, so I was quite surprised to see that that had changed for the later quests and that I basically wasn't able to complete a lot of the ones suggested to me, unless I had help from a very high-level friend of mine.

The second problem I've had with the game  is that there's a lot of the areas that are suggested for ranges of levels, but these ranges are completely inaccurate. when I had an opportunity to ask a friend who'd played up to a much higher level and who also had a builder character and would sometimes work on adjusting areas, he basically told me that the ranges in the areas command couldn't be trusted. Of a similar sort, when you decide to start a predator character, you are told by it's description that they basically have their own gear, which turns out to be true. While the gear that a Pred can use is amazing, there's absolutely no way that you'll ever get that gear on your own, unless you've already morted at least twice. When you look in the areas command and see the Predator planet listed, you'd think that you could get up to around level 30 or 40 and that you'd at least have a chance, but unless you have those few morts already, you'll get a very swift spanking and a nice big chunk of xp, down the tube.

Basically what this all comes down to is that leveling up to about 20 is not super bad. It might get a little slow around 15 or so, it gets hard to find stuff to kill for the xp you need for leveling, but it's okay. When I started having the most problems though was probably about 25, at which it was very difficult to find areas to run that had stuff I could actually kill for xp. It was either that I'd find an area that would give me somewhat decent xp and I'd run 60 percent of it and then get one-shotted  and lose over twice as much as I'd made that whole run, or I'd find areas that I could run pretty safely and I'd get no xp for the kills there. This is compounded by the fact that there's no way, that I know of at least, to restart a character if you've messed up their stats and such. I know that you can redo stats once you mort, but getting to 40 so you can do so is no walk in the park. there's also no real documentation that I've found that tells you exactly how the different stats might be used in a build of a character type. While stats seem to be very important to how well you dodge attacks, your hitrol and damroll, how many practices you get when you level, unless that's been finally changed, not having a way to figure out how stats are going to affect your build really sucks the big one.

My third and final complaint with the game is how XP loss works when you get killed, even at lower levels. This isn't only with deaths given to you by an NPC, it's the same with deathtraps, scripted deaths, as the game likes to put it when your mining laser explodes when you're trying to gather resources, bla blah. On a level 15 predator, when I get killed, it happily tells me that I just lost 150000 XP. Citizens in the town for me are about 4000 XP a pop, which I don't figure is all that bad, but that one DT I just hit, that one time I tried to mine resources and the miner exploded, that one time an NPC that doesn't even look like a guard decided to auto-assist and one-shots me, there goes pretty much all the xp I'd gained. I can see where if I had the extra morts and levels to actually be able to kill stuff in the upper levels that things might actually be super fun, but with the current unbalance in combat, XP gains in areas, stuff you can and can't kill, difficulties in a lot of the quests, it's just not all that enjoyable. I will note that once you've managed to lose all the XP you've made from getting killed, even though it tells you that you just lost another 150000 XP, it doesn't actually take levels away. I'll also note that I have two characters here so far, a level 15 pred and a level 38 one, which are both pre-mort, so as for how things might be different after that first mort, I can't say.
Take care.

2017-08-09 16:54:04

You got quite a lot of point there, boomstick. Area level range usually include remort too, and so far we can't actually tell besides "consider" how tough thhey are, which sometimes can be untrusworthy. Quests are sorta like that, some at least, and that's why we usually do it only whenwe're ready and have stuff prepared.

2017-08-11 15:39:53

where did all of you who've passed the first mort level? Also, does anyone know of a no remort high damage gun? I have a melee weapon that lets me do about 12-14K of damage counting things like charge and bioslash but everything in it's mother is aquiring massive resistance to physical damage and sanc, so it's more like 2-3K. I Can switch to a lofco laser, but it's garbage and the only thing going for it is that it can take down sanc if I can stay alive long enough but ideally I would like a high damage gun so I don't have to keep switching weapons and getting murdered in the time it takes me to switch.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-08-11 16:40:03

The Mega chaingun, or anything with grenade effect ammo if you manage. Grenade ammoes are usually sold around black market, but it's a pain to access and stay around at remort x2 or lower (but of course you can survive and even buy stuff, if you're quick or have someone back you up).
There're many good weapons out there, for both melee and range. Leveling something nice makes it way better, if iit can be levelled.

2017-08-13 17:34:36

Yeah, I can certainly vouch for the mega chain gun, but at least when I had it, I had to get help in getting it. Even then though, it was either use charge as much as I possibly could in a fight to deal as much damage before I'd gotten killed, or I also found that you could sometimes soften some of the NPCs down a bit with explosives. Most things that required you soften them with giving a timed mine to them ended up still being to mean though and they'd just beat the crap out of me, even when I'd taken their hp down. You also have to be careful that an NPC you give a mine to doesn't come into your room after you've given it to him, else the explosion will definitely upset your day. smile

All the same, the game does have some really neat areas, weapons, etc, I just think that it needs to be seriously re-balanced in making some of the areas work for pre-mort leveling to make it more fun for starting out. I think that once you were to make it through two morts though, things would really open up in areas you could safely run and the game would be super fun then.
Take care.

2017-08-14 03:54:41

Slash works even better than charge imo, if you have vibro blades installed. And...well that's something I've been considering bringing to the ims's attention. It's quite meh for unremorted people...though I actually find experience rather easy to come by. It sucks to find good area to run that gives you full cap at higher mort though.

2017-08-14 23:50:43

I have a question, does cyber assault work with mush client? and if not, what client is best. I entered cyberassault.org for the tcp and the port 1111, I entered the world name as cyber assault. I wasn't able to connect though

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2017-08-15 01:14:49

now I definitely need help. I connected to cyber assault now, but the thing is blank, like I type in the command, nothing happens! please help! also, for world name, do I need to enter the name of the mud? or can that be costum? using mushclient is a little dificult

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2017-08-15 01:16:03

also, when I used to not connect to cyber assault, I would get the link to cyber assault is not open, open it? yes, no

2017-08-15 06:08:46

Very weird. I've never had issues with connection before unless, rarely, the mud crashes. And btw Cyber Assault works with any client. There are two existing soundpacks out there, one for monkeyterm and one, maintained by me, for Mush.

2017-10-09 10:22:48

Hi,
I thought, I dig this Topic back up gain smile.
So, I recently started playing CA, and progressed fairly well, I guess. That was, until yesterday.
Then the Immortals decided, to fill the game with overpowered Turkeys, which attack everyone on sight.
But that's not, why I am writing this post. So, I was trying to do a quest yesterday, where I had to get the lighter from Beavis in one of the sims. I went there, killed Beavis, but the lighter didn't appear. The same happened to me with a similar quest, where I had to retrieve a power cell for a damaged Cyborg in the Hospital in Neo Chicago.
I was told, that this seems to be normal. That frustrated me a bit, since at least the quest with the lighter was limited to a certain number of turns.
So my question is, is that really true? Are quests really based on items, that may, or may not load with their NPC?

2017-10-09 11:23:39

Keep doing til you get it, for the quest.
Anyway, it's almost halloween guys! Halloween is when all goodies come live!:)

2017-10-09 20:24:54

So, it really is like that...
Well, I will give the game another try at some point. But at the moment, it's kind of useless, because of these overpowered turkeys. It was really bad when I was logged in yesterday. People kept dying every 10 secons or so.

2017-10-09 22:28:51

It's one violent stuff lol. I actually abuse death a lot myself. Nothing serious unless it's really not what you prefer.

2017-10-15 22:07:26

hey mada, any chance you can implement multi char play so we can control alts with  one window?

2017-10-16 01:54:17

That's not my part. That's the mud itself. You can have two instances of the client running though, it doesn't matter.
I'm going to fire another update somewhere around or after halloween, actually. Been focussing on clok lately.

2017-10-16 14:11:15

Okay. figured I'd ask. Ill figure out how to do it myself

2017-11-03 16:58:19

Hi.

I've been adding some db pages for games we need including Cyber assault, the db page is here

Given I confess I wasn't exactly successful at the game myself, if there is any important info on either accessibility in the game, or unique aspects of gameplay which new players might need to know about that is missing from the page please let me know.

Also if Mata would like to please provide a current link to download the mushclient soundpack and some installation instructions I'll gladly put a link on the db page too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-03 17:22:53

can someone explane me how can i play  mud games? 
is there something i need to download first?

2017-11-04 15:33:25

I will throw the link around once I get this new update out, which, sadly, isn't this halloween as I thought I could. I'm probably gonna throw it around at the same time as I update Clok. So in the mean time, if you don't mind, since my Clokpack has drawn a lot of people to the game earlier, add that first, please, both the bundled and the unbundled version. I'll make Ca soundpack bundleable as well, and will throw around as soon as I can.