2017-10-24 15:04:57

So I was working on a campaign map, and, aside from discovering I have outdated code for the map editor, I couldn't get the built-in <x,y> zone trick to work.
I'm not entirely clear on how it's supposed to work. If I name a zone <75,125>ladder, is it supposed to offset the reported coordinates, teleport the player to 75,125, both, or something else? It isn't doing anything for me, although Swamp is politely omitting the <x,y> part when announcing the zone in-game.
Testing this in custom maps mode, if it matters.
(It also seems that I've discovered why fyquest is crashing on versions of Swamp newer than 3.1, but can't upload the corrected mapEditor until I find the most up-to-date sourcecode. The version I've been working with lacks the quick zone-selection, the accommodations for zone2, the convenience features for editing ambs, etc. So making it forward compatible right now would still be a downgrade.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-10-24 17:33:08

If I remember correctly, it should teleport the player to coordinates 75,125 if they press Enter while on that zone.  I could be wrong, but I think you're right about that.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-10-24 20:50:09

Somehow, I didn't even think of pressing enter, lol! It is now working exactly as intended smile .
Thanks, Aprone!

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-10-24 20:50:28

haha, no problem CAE.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-24 22:29:48

So the online version of swamp is still going strong? I hope it is, planning to buy more time soon, but wouldn't want to if there's no game or players to go back to.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-10-24 22:38:55

There are still players on it at all times.  The number of people on at any given time is not what it used to be years ago, but I think it's safe to say you'll always have between 10 and 20 other people to play with when you sign on.  (this guess is based on the random times each day I look at the server).

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-25 04:20:35

nice, are you still able to send gifts and hoast events and things?

2017-10-25 04:36:52

yes sir.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-25 05:34:00

So i'm confused, what is it that you can no longer update? I for some reason thought the server got all screwed but maybe i'm missing something?

2017-10-29 06:31:00

Hey all is swamp down again?  I was on earlier today.

2017-10-29 15:23:23

The server should be back up in running in an hour.  Sorry about the delay.  Installing Java and windows updates on the machine.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-29 15:33:14

Ah I wondered why I couldn't get the game to run multiplayer.
is there going to be a halloween event, if so I'll make an effort to set a chunk of time aside to take part!

Cheers

2017-10-29 18:17:14

Good afternoon.

The Swamp is still off.

2017-10-29 18:19:28

I just hopped in and there were people online.  I only turned it back on like maybe 10 minutes ago since the updates took ages to install (like always).  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-29 18:37:16

Thank you very much Aprone.

I am already connected!

One last question:

When will exit the new version of Swamp?

Or, when will have new event?

2017-10-30 16:02:00

Swamp's Halloween event is now happening.  From now through November 1st, players can type /COSTUME <name> to dress up like something fun, and that is how they will be seen in chat.  Collect candy from around the maps to earn gifts from the feared Aprolantern, which has a higher chance of being Apronics than normal gifts.  Each 25 candy you find will earn you another gift.

Have fun and enjoy the candy hunt!  Before you dress up and wander your real-life neighborhood, dress up with your friends in Swamp.  big_smile

P.S. Feel free to pass around the news of the event, so people don't miss out.  After each holiday event I hear from people that they didn't know about it until the day after it ended.  Not everyone checks the forum regularly.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-30 17:23:00

Thanks aprone for this most awesome event!!!!!  Is there a way to check how much candy is needed or what happens if I log out and in again or connection dropps.

2017-10-30 17:30:18

I never coded in a way to see how much candy you have, but finding 25 gets you a gift from the great Aprolantern.  Logging out will not reset your candy, so you don't lose your progress.  The game should also remember your costume so when you log back in you'll still be wearing it.

Due to the way the server is tricked into doing these holiday events (doing something out of the ordinary), we can get little glitches that don't hurt anything.  Examples of this are that some people see -1 candy in their character's inventory, or a few candy items move into their collection.  These are things that can be ignored, or perhaps prized if you happen to get some candy in your collection that other people will ask how you got it in the future.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-31 14:49:30

um, the server ... won't work for me.
I can log in fine but when I go to a char it just disconnects me.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-10-31 14:52:05

Actually never mind, holy shit. The game is flipping out on me. I tried single player and I just keep spinning in circles. Then the audio disappears. What the fuck?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-10-31 16:16:13

Lundin, has the game worked on your computer before now?  If so, what changes have you made recently?  Are you running Swamp in either a virtual machine or using wine on a mac?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-31 18:47:18

Hi,
@LordLundin, high scale DPI,disable it under compatibility settings and you shouldnt spin around in cercles.
As for multiplayer,werent you err,ban from the game? I could be entirely mistaken of course, sinse I remember reading somewhere or the other you saying that you were/ had been ban,so thought I would point that out,just in case.

Sounds like a really fun event! perhaps I will have a chance to check it out,plus get those apronic armor,sinse thats one armor I havent gotten a opportunity to play in.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-10-31 22:05:26

Aprone I haven't tested Swamp before but I experienced the same thing with rotation on rtr however the other bugs seem strange. Maybe it's the device I had to use in order to have my internet and mouse at the same time but I tried running swamp without it and there were still a set of issues. Then again this computer is riddled with such.

Also I was banned years and years ago but not since the account system was put in place. I'm sure Aprone wouldn't be responding to me in such a friendly manner if I was still under the ban hammer. big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-10-31 22:16:19

I can't really say what is causing those issues, but you are correct about bans.  Players banned before paid accounts went into effect are no longer considered banned.  For that matter, people who get their paid accounts banned are more than welcome to get new accounts to return to Swamp.  The way I see it, if a person loses an account they paid real money for because of cheating or harassing people, they are suffering real consequences.  In free games bans tend to be nothing more than an annoyance, before people do any number of tricks to come right back into the game as someone new.  Losing real money tends to have a different effect on people, and I like to think it will change their attitudes and cause them to behave themselves.  I think we all benefit if a troublemaker changes their ways and becomes a functional member of the game community.  Also, if someone is so stubborn that the ban doesn't change their ways, I'm more than happy to take more money from them just to ban their new account as soon as they start breaking rules again, ROFL!  Whenever that happens I usually buy myself some lunch with the money they've "donated" to me.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-10-31 22:30:24

Yea I have played Swamp before after the account system but compared to the golden days I was shit then, but now that I've had some physical and mental exercise I thought maybe I'd do better.
Let's see if I can do as Gryf said.
Hope to see you soon!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube