2017-10-29 21:41:59 (edited by Slender 2019-06-19 05:44:50)

Note that Phantom Creations has closed and this game is now unsupported. The download links point to the Audiogames Archive.
Original post.
Is this game rather pointless?
Yes.
Is it amusing?
Well, that depends on you.
The Table Flipper is a game focused on generally being an extremely destructive person.
Whether it's a chair, a table, a sign or even a "person", you can flip them all, and even better, make your own objects to flip!
Oh, and did we mention the highly unrealistic but amusing debris system?
More information in the readme.
You can download the game here, and find a repository of objects here.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-10-29 22:08:55

I enjoy this way more than I probably should. This is actually pretty cool. Well done. I love the debris system as well.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-10-29 22:16:50

just downloaded, played, and got addicted to this cool game. Really, it makes you addicted after time. ok, expect that I should need to add some more objects for this flipping so I don't get bord from this sooo good game. good job there guise.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-10-29 22:33:48 (edited by Slender 2017-10-29 22:34:38)

Glad you guys like it, honestly it's surprising considering how ridiculous this game is big_smile. I look forward to seeing any objects you guys think up. Fun fact: the "Person" object was the first test I made for the object parser.

2017-10-29 22:49:06

I love it, but there's only one issue I had... it brought me back to level 0 after quitting... I dunno if this is intended or a bug or if I need to save.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-29 22:52:54

Lol This game is so wonderfully pointless and wonderfully nuts!
I hope we see more objects to dispose of soon and that people will make new ones available.
It'd be nice to be able to check your level and experience, or at least if there is a way to do this without opening the skills menu I haven't noticed thus far.

As well as more objects it might be fun to put in a few more skills.
One that occurs to me is changing the penetration of thrown debris so that it goes through more objects at a time or letting you chuck further.

It might also be fun having a run button and charge so that you can barge your way through objects like a domino rally big_smile.

Lastly, some power ups might be amusing, eg, destructive bombs that increase amount of debris, rubber flaws that make  bounce further, or maybe a weapon or two to aid you in your destruction.

for a really pointless game this one is surprisingly fun big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-29 23:07:42 (edited by Slender 2017-10-30 00:47:05)

@Dragomier Yes, that's intentional.
@dark Yes, you can check your experience with x, and the amount of points you currently have with p, along with a summary of your stats with s. Those keys, along with several others, are documented in the readme. And your suggestions are definitely interesting Dark, we'll see what we can do big_smile. Your suggestion about charging through objects can be accomplished through a cheat in the game.

2017-10-30 01:00:58

A new version of The Table Flipper has been released, adding a throwing range skill used for throwing debris farther. Redownload it from the link in the first post.

2017-10-30 01:22:33

Lol. This makes me think of Sam Tupy's random throwing thing. Pretty fun. Only issue is no keyhooks for JAWS, but passing keys to walk isn't too hard.

Where did you get those awesome breaking sounds?

2017-10-30 02:09:01

Most of them are from Foly Impacts.

2017-10-30 02:18:07 (edited by Slender 2017-10-30 02:18:28)

Key hook issue has been fixed in an update.

2017-10-30 02:57:54

How do you add points to your skills?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-10-30 03:03:09

Awesome.

2017-10-30 03:09:37

Hello people,
I'm the dev behind this silly thing. Slender was the guy who provided ideas and the one object, as well as learned to code parts of this thing.
@12. You press enter to open the skill menu. The rest is easy enough to follow.
@5. There is no saving currently. Not sure if there will ever be, however it is something I will keep in mind.
If there's more you would like added, please do let us know.
Thanks.

2017-10-30 04:55:04

funny thing is, there was a game like this in Japanese arcades. but since it never left japan, and there's a 0%chance of the rom getting dumped (and hence no chance of it being in mame), noone in the US got to play that. the only reason I know it exists was Planet Dolin's list of the top 11 wierdest arcade games.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-10-30 05:00:45

Hahahahahahahaha, did you and Omar also create the game in which we threw things into a trashcan over and over again? I really liked that one. You always come up with very nice things don't ya!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-10-30 05:09:24

@post 16.
No, that thing your talking about was made only by me. I didn't know slender when that game was made.
By the way, a funny and slightly amusing note. The version hosted on agarchive is really old. I need to get around to compiling a current version to the archive rofl.

2017-10-30 05:42:09

I wonder why so many people, myself included, love the sound of things being destroyed. Lol.

2017-10-30 06:08:00

because breaking things is fun! At some point I'll get around to compiling my own set of objects and we can fuck some shit up!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-10-30 06:20:53

Ooooo, we have an object composer? This should be fun. And for the amusement of the forum. what happens when somebody with access to the source code of this game gets bored and feels the need to use a developer command to its extreme? This. Turn your volume down, this can get loud. https://sndup.net/6jnq/a

2017-10-30 06:30:08

This is sooooooo hilarious! I thought you started to generate a white noise, then BGT runtime got very laggy and the audio buffering got laggy too and stuttering stuttering!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-10-30 06:55:24

Hi,
The game has been updated to hopefully fix that. Too many sounds and objects on screen will do that, rofl.
You can get the update from the same link.

2017-10-30 09:02:13

Hey guys, this game is truely amazing, but one problem is, i need to hold keys for them to act. If i need to walk, i need to hold arrows, wait, that's logical. To open a stats menu, i need to hold s. To flip, i also have to hold, well, everything i need it to do without need of holding the key down, well. Hope you'll fixx it.

The game, is, amazing!

2017-10-30 11:18:11

I hope that explains my opinion. In TTF, You are level 22844, with 1044676586EXP. You need 17894 more to level.

2017-10-30 11:50:31

@coco
so you call your self a super hiro now? Come on, before I went to bed yesterday, witch is about 1 o'clock in the morning, I think that I was level 30000, and possably even more.
And, because I have nothing smarter to do, I will also make some objects just to get blasting.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.