2008-11-15 17:12:59

Well, this week it seems that the news just keeps coming! We've had poles, blog sucking monsters, and cars, --- now we're onto ghosts, zombies, monsters and plenty of firepower!

first off, is the newly translated game Night of Parasite from chinese developer Francis wolf. this is an adventure/rpg, where, as leader of the human resistance in a post apocalyptic future, you have to find a way to combat the innumerable and vicious parasites that have infested the earth! the game has great music and sound, an intreaguing story, lots of exploration and even rpg features such as weapon levels, armour and experience.

You can read more about it on it's also brand spanking new Game index page or if you prefer just go here to dive in and download just bear in mind while the game has been completely translated into english, the installer is stil in chinese. no need to panic though, just keep hitting alt and N, or the buttons with the greater than sign, and if you want to install to a directory other than program files, just type it's address in the box.

A big thank you goes out to Francis wolf for translating this game, wridding the earth of parasites is going to take us all a while I think!

then, going in order, we get onto the harpies! Of course, this refers to thom Ward's planned trip with Dr. Angela Carter to the Greek islands for a bit of sun, sand and centaur slaying! while there, we might even take in some deadly trap wridden ancient ruins! Tom's now posted a trailer of the upcoming side scroller game, which shows off a number of the traps and nasties lirking around the labyrinth. to whet your appetite for what sounds like a fantastic game, go here for a listen

finally, we have those ghosts and zombies, --- and yet more large, lead based weapons that put the ghostbusters to shame! A new gamebook is now up on the fighting fantasy project, see index and as you've guessed from the titling, it involves some fairly serious killing of the undead, ---- assuming that's possible of course!

from the same author as the horrific House of horror, --- and I don't just mean the title, it really was! horrific, comes Soul tracker.

here your plunged into the huge, studded leather boots of Mark ghostview, a hard bitten, Hard boiled, and just generally pretty hard ghost hunter in best gothic, gun toting tradition. to directly start making all zombies shake in their graves, go here to begin the book

So with unparalleled oppertunities to paralize the paranormal or indeed parasites, it looks like being a regular gaming paradise!

i'd better now go, before my writing loses it's para fection, and I run out of paragraphs!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-15 19:37:55

i can't get night of paracite because it says access is denied and a v g gives me a false posetive saying that the file has a trogen when i'm certain it doesn't. what can i do?

2008-11-16 01:46:10

Hmmm Aaron, it seemed to download fine for me, ---- and I've just checked the link and it stil does. it must just be your own isp causing trouble I'm afraid. when i had a similar problem with one site, the download worked fine later on.

As for the thing being a trogeon, no, it certainly isn't, but I'm afraid this certainly wouldn't be the first instance I've heard of AVG falsely deciding things were viruses.

When i tried it, it decided several things, including winamp plugins, and Klango were viruses, ---- which is why I'm not using it anymore.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-16 02:57:30

I am downloading night of parasite and will translate the installer when I install it. I will post the translation here.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2008-11-16 03:09:26

it is creeping along! 600b/s

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2008-11-17 19:44:21

i've now played night of paracite -- i disabled avg's resident shield and reenabled it afterwood. it's an awsome game. in fact i'll play it after i've finished checking the forum.

2008-11-18 00:01:31

the installer is in a foreign language, what do I do?

Connor

2008-11-18 01:28:29

Please Read the above news post and or the index page for the game, ---- I don't just right these things to exercise my fingers you know!

2008-11-18 13:18:41

Wow, tom great good job, i waiting for this exciting sidescroller, very real sounds, i mean example guns, and enemies, bodyfalls etc, ah, mm, i like it, interesting, where game will be finished.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2010-04-21 04:52:33

Hi dark can you post the link to the mp3 of mota again it goes to the old usa games site.

2010-04-21 09:53:10

Greg, this is a very old news post indeed, and a lot has changed about mota sinse it was written, ---- including a complete rewrite of the engine. I'm not even sure if the trailer is stil up on the site actually.

Bare in mind we're into our third year of news posting here, and if we spent our time updating every link in every old post we'd never write new ones, ---- that's what the database pages are for.

I'll check the Usa games site for the trailer, but if there is one it'll appear on Mota's index page.

2010-04-21 11:02:29

Dark, I think the topic might have got bumped by a spammer. I deleted a spam post in this topic earlier and Greg Steel seemed to have replied after the spammer. It's possible that's why this old topic got brought up, I've noticed spambots tend to resurrect old topics for some reason.

Strangest thing is the spammer seemed to be advertising window blinds...

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-04-21 12:11:15

Ah, fair enough. I actually booted a spammer off earlier this week who was for some odd reason going on about America's corn produce in a topic about entombed with a link to sell some sort of wireless devices.

Anyway one good thing has come out of this, sinse there was indeed a trailer on the Usa games site, so I've added the link to tombhunter's index page.

2010-04-21 12:24:17

Well most spam around here seems to include a large helping of corn in one way or another, all very predictable and easy to spot despite the spammers' best (or worst) efforts. Just look out for new posters you don't recognise the name of, and old old topics being resurrected laugh.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-04-21 17:32:01

sorry, but the link is not working.

www.myspace.com/bluewingsmusic

2010-04-23 23:26:24

yeah, when i click on the link for night of parasyte. Itsays internet explorer can not display the web page.

2010-04-25 06:42:01

does the link work in firefox

2010-04-25 07:40:06

Guys this topic is waay outdated. Seems there is a glitch in the front page news feed that goes by last post date and not first post date. This topic was resurrected by a spambot, as happens from time to time, which was removed from the topic but not before someone got the wrong idea and posted in here.

cx2
-----

2010-05-08 00:49:26

linc of nhigt of parasite not work. Hello!. I.M. A NE user, i requested parasite nhigt on these page but i cant donwload it, i open theselinc whit firefox and internet explorer and i cant donwload these game. Ef any cant helpme send email too:[email protected] thanks! bery good page!