2017-10-25 03:00:57

Ok, so I just got a new computer today courtesy of my folks, so I've been trying to install all the VGStorm titles. Well Psycho Strike and The Gate installed and ran perfectly, but for the life of me I can't get Paladin or Manamon to run after they install. For the record this machine like probably all new ones is a Windows 10 64-bit machine. But when I run the games it says it can't locate a certain file and asks if I want to delete the shortcut. I install the games in the Pgrogram Files (X86) folder which is the default. Again, The Gate and Psycho Strike ran instantly but the other two for whatever reason won't. I've even tried running as administrator but with no luck.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-25 15:17:17

Hi Bryan,

I had exactly the same Problem with manamon. The file that was missing was rpg.exe. I finally found out that my antivir recognized it as malware and deleted it automatically.
My advice is to check your security Settings and probably your malware Folders. At least manamon has some issues with the online trading Thing being detected as a possible security issue or something like that. That is what I heard.

Good luck!

2017-10-25 16:17:29

Hmmm, this is odd, I've got windows 10 here and both paladin of the skies and manamon installed fine, I'm also running windows defender, then again I did turn the security down a bit so now it just warns me rather than acting without letting me know.

I still wish  trading was bit more doable without need all that port forwarding shenanigans so I could complete my manapedia, then again I can't recall where I was in the game na dprobably need to give things another go.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-25 16:32:38

As far as I know, this thing just has windows defender. Iā€™m not even sure where the Malware folders are.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-25 17:37:22

Well, I did figure it out. This machine came with McAfee antivirus and that's what was making trouble, so much so that it had blocked my internet access. Got everything squared away now though thank goodness.

2017-10-25 17:59:55

Nooo, not McCaffee!
Still it can't be worse than Avg is these days, my lady can't even play Alteraeon on her machine without being blocked and the screens are utterly inaccessible, including the uninstall screen so we can't get rid of the bloody thing big_smile.

glad you got it sorted.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-25 19:14:53

Yup, now just to wait for A Hero's Call LOL.

2017-10-26 22:11:03

McAfee is one of the worst antivirus programs ever to be created.