2017-10-10 03:53:50

Hello, WWE fans alike.
This Friday WWE 2k18 will be release for those of us who have pre-order and on Tuesday for everybody else.
When the game comes out let's help each other with menu layout, game controls and even game modes.
I am excited about WWE 2k18 and yes I have pre-order the game.
The game will be for xBox one, PlayStation 4, PC and Nintendo switch.

2017-10-10 04:35:11

only  problem as usual will be the pin meter thing. its probably the same system as previous games.

2017-10-10 04:36:11

but yeah I can help with menus and all that.

2017-10-10 04:44:12

I am wondering if we contact 2k and talk with them about accessibility for the blind like we did with EA then hopefully they will be willing to get on here and take our feedback.

2017-10-10 07:04:01

yeah that sounds like a good start.

2017-10-10 10:39:02

Definitely worth a shot.  I've wanted to play these games for ages.  Yes the older games are perfectly doable, but they've been getting less and less playable for years now.

2017-10-10 16:41:58

I think it'd be a good idea to contact 2k as well. Am wondering how to do this.

2017-10-10 17:40:17

they do have a forum, and I have their contact info saved somewhere on my pc. I'll look for it.

2017-10-11 10:40:07

that would be awesome.  at the very least we can give it a try. smile

2017-10-12 15:31:56

Yes getting us the contact for 2k would be great.
If we all work together to contact them then we might see another game company take interest in accessibility.

2017-10-13 21:25:18

Hi, i'd be very interested in any updates on this. I've played multiple old WWE games on PS2, and most of them were playable. WWe smacdown vs raw was very good, personally played 2006 which was quite accessible once you learn the menus, 2009 which had some changes but i could still complete the game myself, and then 2010 which was my favorite even though i can't complete that myself, at least not all character stories. For example, i couldn't figure out how one would complete the ledder match, and tables matches were also quite hard though i used to have a way to win them. Then, 2011 came out and since that time we couldn't even progress in the story without sighted help as it's a 3d world. Hopefully, we'd get some accessibility progress as these games are great.

2017-10-14 01:09:55

Has anyone had a chance to play the new WWE game?
I played it earlier today.
Here is something I am wondering.
How can I unlock all wrestlers?
I brought the delux edition.
Thanks.

2017-10-18 01:02:29

Has anyone played WWE 2k18 yet?
If so can you please let us know what the controls are.

2017-10-20 08:57:35

I haven't been able to buy it yet, but I will do so at the end of the month. as far as the controls go, I am hoping it will be alot like those of 2k17. I found them easy to master except for the submition system, I never could figure that one out. But yeah, I can't wait to play especially because of the commentary shakeup what with JBL and Jerry the king Lawler being removed and Corry Graves and Byren Sackston beeng braught onboard. That should make for some happy times.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2017-10-20 18:20:43

yeah. only problem is the pin system.

2017-10-20 18:22:11

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us

2017-10-21 20:37:05

Can someone give a list of the controls?
I am new to 2k WWE.

2017-10-21 20:39:07

Hey, Jimmy.
I went to the website that you gave on 2k support.
However I am having trouble with that site.

2017-10-22 14:42:12

I mostly played MyCareer/Player in my time playing it for  a bit, but...it's typical 2K crap honestly, it's alright, it's playable...but it didn't blow me away at all. The problems are.....welll....not actually acccesible related, but they are game issues.

Now, I play on Legendary difficulty and my career guy is a 64/65 oveerlal so I'd expect to get beaten by guys lke Cena or Rollins. What I expect is to at least make a match seem good, I can do that every once in a while....but here's my issue.

I got to Money in the Bank PPV and was put in the match with the objective to win it by doing a series of tasks, ladder finisher it gave me one), hit somebody with the ladder, and so on....the problem was the match difficulty spiked.

The computer, literally....reverses absolutely EVERYTHING the player does. I reversed an AA, fine, I got the timing right on that. I got the timing perfect on a suplex from the lunatic frfringe and Dean Ambrose still hit the move as if I hadn't done a thing. That and, by the way, if you don't win key matches at certain points the match restarts and won't let you progress.
I've also had the AI reversing everything issue. I tested this, I picked Cena to go up against a random low rated guy....and I couldn't get any offense in because the opponent seemed to have infinite reversals. Consider that in the real life WWE, Cena is a god, if he's in a match, he's gonna get his shots in and both guys need to work together to make the match seem good. I know how the business works. I understand the production of a WWE match. I understand it's a form of theater...and I'm fine with it. What I'm notokay with is the best wrestler on the game's roster not being able to do jack to a guy some 35/40 ranking points lower than him.

Yet when I set the smae match up AI vs AI....Cena dominated. I picked the other wrestler....I was struggling, as expected. It seems on Legendary difficulty, the CPU gets a hton of behind the scenes help.

I now want a standalone Universe game to come out. That's one of the best modes in the game honestly, it's actually really in depth and addicting. Learn and remember the menus, or go through it with a few friends and plan out matches and stuff. That to me was where the fun was with a few friends when we got into unverse mode, we'd each do a week in a month and effectively run that week....we ended up with a wild month of matches.

Lastly...the game engine seems to love to toss shock results at you. Tell me, WWE marks. Why should the Rock lose to a guy in NXT? Why should Brock freaking Lesnar, lose to Luke Gallows?

Okay. Rant over.....Don't bother with this game unless you're here for universe mode....or like plaing on a lower difficulty.thankfuly

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-10-22 15:07:05

@draco, could you try to explain me how the WWE 2K games works? I tried the previous versions but I never win any matches because of the submission system and the pin system.
also, is there anything like the showkase mode in 2K18? is the mode playable for you?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-10-22 22:14:11

DracoSelene89 wrote:

I mostly played MyCareer/Player in my time playing it for  a bit, but...it's typical 2K crap honestly, it's alright, it's playable...but it didn't blow me away at all. The problems are.....welll....not actually acccesible related, but they are game issues.

Now, I play on Legendary difficulty and my career guy is a 64/65 oveerlal so I'd expect to get beaten by guys lke Cena or Rollins. What I expect is to at least make a match seem good, I can do that every once in a while....but here's my issue.

I got to Money in the Bank PPV and was put in the match with the objective to win it by doing a series of tasks, ladder finisher it gave me one), hit somebody with the ladder, and so on....the problem was the match difficulty spiked.

The computer, literally....reverses absolutely EVERYTHING the player does. I reversed an AA, fine, I got the timing right on that. I got the timing perfect on a suplex from the lunatic frfringe and Dean Ambrose still hit the move as if I hadn't done a thing. That and, by the way, if you don't win key matches at certain points the match restarts and won't let you progress.
I've also had the AI reversing everything issue. I tested this, I picked Cena to go up against a random low rated guy....and I couldn't get any offense in because the opponent seemed to have infinite reversals. Consider that in the real life WWE, Cena is a god, if he's in a match, he's gonna get his shots in and both guys need to work together to make the match seem good. I know how the business works. I understand the production of a WWE match. I understand it's a form of theater...and I'm fine with it. What I'm notokay with is the best wrestler on the game's roster not being able to do jack to a guy some 35/40 ranking points lower than him.

Yet when I set the smae match up AI vs AI....Cena dominated. I picked the other wrestler....I was struggling, as expected. It seems on Legendary difficulty, the CPU gets a hton of behind the scenes help.

I now want a standalone Universe game to come out. That's one of the best modes in the game honestly, it's actually really in depth and addicting. Learn and remember the menus, or go through it with a few friends and plan out matches and stuff. That to me was where the fun was with a few friends when we got into unverse mode, we'd each do a week in a month and effectively run that week....we ended up with a wild month of matches.

Lastly...the game engine seems to love to toss shock results at you. Tell me, WWE marks. Why should the Rock lose to a guy in NXT? Why should Brock freaking Lesnar, lose to Luke Gallows?

Okay. Rant over.....Don't bother with this game unless you're here for universe mode....or like plaing on a lower difficulty.thankfuly

lol playing on legend and expecting the AI not to reverse everything is laughable. turn the difficulty down and get with it. I've been having fun with the game since day 1 and its only getting better. I didn't even touch universe or my career.

2017-10-22 22:37:06

so I have 2k17, but haven't really played it much.  is how is this one playability wise compared to that? 
if it's about the same and you guys are having decent results, I'll give it a better try.

2017-10-24 12:09:04

Oh I'm not complaining about the difficulty, I find anything below Legendary too easy, though yes I'm a veteran of the old Smackdown and WWE PS2 games which were if anything much, MUCH harder than 2k18, that being said....yeah, I do think the career gameplay has different sliders, if you will, for things and difficulty for big moments.

Explain how I can get a signature hit on me by an AI wresttler with no stamina yet II can't with my guy? Or how exactly I can whack somebody with  a ladder only to have it pass right through them. No, that apparently happened. I just wish 2K would adjust things in the game honestly...

Also, yeah, Career's probably my favorite mode. The promo system is spectacularly easy to cheat though....when you do a promo if you get to career.....just hit the same button all the time, instant 300+ score and epic promo....no, seriously, that's the promo system this year. It's decent, but now I know how to get the best scores it takes the fun out of crafting what my guy would actually say, but eh, I like career

Universe mode is hella, HELLA fun mind, I'd say get a few guys who can tell you what's going on, and you each take a month on a promotion, and see what happens...

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-10-24 12:53:09

How do you manage career? I have 2k17 and suck at breaking out of submissions, reversing things and kicking out of pins. I agree that the smackdown vs raw games were a lot harder, but if i get pinned or placed in a submission in career mode, i pretty much have no chance.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-10-24 17:00:11

same question. I'm planning to buy 2k18 soon, however I doubt that the game will not be playable. I know it is, what I mean is to kick out of a pin attempt, breaking out from a submission move, or even winning a match that you have to do certain objective like grabbing the opponent to the announcer table or hit the opponent with a ladder and such.
also, how is the career mode playable? I heard that in 2K18 the career is played similarly to smackdown VS raw 2011's road to wrestlemania mode, where you'll have to walk around in the backstage area, talking to someone or even getting a quest.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!