2017-10-20 14:54:45

Ahh. I have no access to OCR on my xbox cause their on different networks and I am at college. When I go down twice after pressing the xbox button, that launches my most recent game.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-10-20 16:07:14

Hi.
It might be in a different position on your dashboard, thing is that I had it open before the update, so I don't know where your settings icon could be.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-24 07:37:24

So I just fixed my xbox earlier and helped someone else fix their's, so hopefully this should work for all of you. I know this does assume that you have somewhat of a default layout, sorry.
First you might want to change the voice:
Press the xbox button and make sure you're in the guide indicated by the swooshing sound.
Go right 3, or all the way until you can't go anymore. Press down once and hit A.
Go all the way down to the bottom (10 arrow presses down) and hit A twice.
Go up all the way to the top (4 arrow presses) and hit A twice. There should be 3 voices you can choose from. The top one is David, second is Xera and bottom is Mark. Hit A on the one you want then press B.
This will take you back to the bottom of the narrator menu, with the focus being put on the checkbox to turn narrator on or off. Just hit A twice and you should be good. Feel free to go change the voice back to the one you want after that.
You may not even need to change the voice, so feel free to experiment.
HTH

2017-10-24 17:20:44

Hi,
I fixed mine by completely power cycling, that is, turning off narrator, shutting down the console, getting sighted help to unplug the power, and plugging back in. Then somehow the thing just weirdly worked.

2017-10-24 20:51:09

Hey all,
I've tryed 99 percent of everything after the update and nothing worked. I had to get sighted assistants. The only thing that worked for me was to restore to factory settings while keeping my apps. I think that my save data was in the cloud. Once that was done I turned on narrator and it worked strait away. I can't remember if I had to use a USB keyboard to turn on narator, windows10 keyboard shortcut and all, or if I could use the controler after the reset, but I do know that I had to use a keyboard to sign in and all that stuff. After I was signed back in, I launched my games and apps, and after some verry little things were redownloaded after eatch launch, possibly save data, everything was working again.
As for the new interface, I agree. It does look like hell. Everything was in tiles, colloms and sections pryer to this update. Now, it seams to be, hunt until you find that settings icon, your favorite game etcetera. That's how it is to me at any rate. It doesn't look like there's any way to change it back to the other layout either.
Best regards,
Rob

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2017-10-24 23:11:21

Yeah I must admit I was pretty lucky. I was able to use the windows 10 xbox app and just OCR it that way. I was super impressed with the results actually.

2017-10-25 14:54:41

Hi,
I can explain a bit of the new interface.
On your home screen you've got your latest used app as the first option, as before. Then, to find other apps, go down once, you should see another app, such as the one you used before the latest one. So if I'd played Killer Instinct first, but had launched Marvel Vs Capcom INfinite before that, I'd keep going down until I find it. Then, when I keep on going right, I'd find Rock Band 4. However, the easiest way to launch apps seems to be in my games and apps, which I'll explain about now as part of the guide. It's not that different.
For the new guide, it works a bit differently. It says the tab name, but then you are plonked onto the first option of the tab without having to move down. So it says guide tab 5, and then literally plonks you on the home button straight after it's finished talking. Below home, is My Games and Apps, which seems to work similarly to before. To the right of My Games and Apps, is store.
The different things you can do now though, are you can add any game to your home screen, up to 40. You can also add friends, by pressing menu button on what you want to add, and selecting add to home. These then appear as sort of pins, below the games and game hub options on the home screen.
There is now a new tab for multiplayer. In that tab, that's where your invitations will appear, and they have a new interface for that too.
System notifications, such as headset assignment, happen under the settings tab. I do not know where achievement notifications happen yet, as I haven't unlocked an achievement since grabbing the new update.
Hope this helps.

2017-10-25 16:35:25

Hi.
Oh, there is actually rockband for the xbox one? Always wanted to pick that up, but I am seriously not good with instruments, how much experience do you need for tthis game to work?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-26 09:31:48

All you need for Rock Band is patience, time and practice (though at times getting sighted help or assistance from players who know the charts can be of use as well in certain songs).

It's a good game, the DLC's relatively inexpensive and the online play does, even though it's a little complicated to set up at first, work well enough.  Myself and Aaron actually went through Don't Fear the Reaper together online, myself on guitar and Aaron on bass and we passed the song on, I think, the third attempt.

If you'd like any more clarification I'm sure myself and Aaron would be willing to answer any questions on the game (though I'd suggest you create a separate topic).

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-26 14:07:40

@Sightless Thanks for the shoutout.
I haven't played Rock Band online for a while, but I do still like buying songs from the store. Which leads me to another thing to say about this update, the "buy" button doesn't say it's price when in the purchase confirmation screen, so oyu have to currently use narrator mode to double check the price. The buy button still works as expected when browsing the store itself, but when buying sogns in-game, it does not confirm it's price.

2017-10-29 13:05:28

Hi.
Wow... So, does Narrator work inside the Rockband game menu, or is the purchase screen a XBox menu in the actual XBox system?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-12 11:04:26

Hi.
So I took the chance and updated my XBox. My narrator didn't worked as well, and I was about to give up and do something else. Restarting the XBox didn't got the speech back, and unplugging the power didn't helped either. The last thing which came to my mind helped, but I have no idea on why. Here is what I did:
1. Turned the XBox completely off by holding down the touch power button for like 10 seconds.
2. Turned it on and kept holding the power button for 10 seconds.
Then the startup chime came, which never happened before, and then I got speech. I'm not an experienced XBox user so I'm not sure on how that could make a difference. But it worked for me, and I hope this can help others as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen