2017-10-18 19:07:43

Moderation!

Hello everyone.

this is just to let people know, the introductions topic that previously resided in the general game discussion room has been moved to the introductions forum.
This has been done to stop new members getting confused about where to post to get their accounts unrestricted.
The old introductions topic, with it's 12 years of agnet history, including first posts by many forum members has certainly not been deleted, and now can be found here though  is now closed, again in order to stop any potential confusion of new members.

I know this is a change to something which has actually been on the forum longer than I have, but hopefully people will understand the reasons why it's needed to be done, and the new introductions topic will now be  carrying on the tradition as a place to welcome newcomers to the forum and learn a bit about them, as well as a way of filtering out the spammage.

thanks for reading.

As with all moderation announcements, this will be moved to site and forum feedback after a week or so to be sure  everyone has had a chance to read it.

All the best,

Your friendly neighborhood admin,
Dark.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-18 23:31:02

Thanks Dark. This is quite a sad moment but I understand why it had to be doner eally, and was wondering what would happen to the old topic.
I know it's a silly question that you probably can't answer, but I'm asking it anyway, do you know if we other mods will get to join in the unrestrictingness of it all as well as the welcoming, of course? Last time I tried, it didn't let me change the group properly.

2017-10-19 00:35:24

Yeah, same here.  I tried with some of our most recent members, actually, given that one of them contacted me directly concerning the matter and I was curious to know if any progress had been made.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-10-20 15:48:49

It is indeed a problem in the system currently that only admins, ie, Richard, sander and myself  unrestrict user groups, and it's not something I'm happy with either.

I suggest asking Sander since I do know he was looking into this, though perhaps we could move this discussion to the moderator's mailing list.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)