2017-10-18 08:54:14

Hi folks
so I've decided to dive in this field.
and finally my parents decided not give the home in the rent.
so I am setting up my home studio in few months.
so here in this state the question will arrive that do I have any knowledge of music?
yes I am an indian classical learner and have some knowledge of cords and arrangement.
the only problem is that I don't know the technical aspect of the music producing.
I am planning to buy a maq for the production.
I've also decided to buy a software called logic pro.
my question is that
how logic pro x or 10.3 is accessible?
what part of editing we have to religh on the sited person if I have to be?
and lastly from where can I learn to use logic pro?
I got the podcast of ican work or whatever the site name was but their voiceover is muted during the broadcast so many things remain unclear to me.
Thanks for your time to read this topic
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-10-18 09:47:29

There's a site on logic called blindlogic.com. Also a google group i'm part of, can't remember the name, i think its logicaccess or something. I personally wouldn't recamend logic though. Its not very user intuative. You can't access the plug ins window on your own with out sighted help, and a lot of other major things done need sighted assistence to do. Also some things like selecting tracks doesn't have speech when you select all with command a. You can try garageband for free on your mac, it should come with it, if you deside you like it, its a demo version of logic pro, but logic pro is much harder to use. I'd recomend pro tools by avid for the mac, or reaper. Reaper needs a plug in to be accessible, but it still works great. Pro tools is pretty accessible on its own.
If anybody has more experience with logic then let me know how it worked out for you, but I personally think there are better more accessible alternatives. I suggest writing to the applevis forum, applevis.com. A site strictly for apple products, a lot of producers on there.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-10-18 10:25:29

Hi rori!
thanks for your advice.
is reaper accessible with voiceover?
I cannot find anything in blindlogic.com which will help me for my goals.
also can I use indian instruments like tabla or sarangi in pro tools?
or is there any other way to do it?
and lastly how much is pro tools cost?

2017-10-19 01:44:53

pro tools is aproximately 850 dollar. Aside from the program you also need a USB ILock to authorise the program on your mac when you runn it, plus if your like me and you have a macbook pro laptop, it would be best if you got a full size keyboard with a number pad.
Regarding reaper, that one is also very accessible with voiceover.  there is a site with guides on just about everything in reaper, its called audio.pizza. There's also a reaper mailing list.PPr

2017-10-19 05:22:30

Hi there,
Actually, it's Blindlogic.org not blind logic.com.

2017-10-19 08:59:41

Hi socheat and rori.
thanks for the help and I am getting bennifit of this website called www.blindlogic.org
but in reaper I have to use reapluggs  for pluggins so how accessible is the indian instrument section.
Thanks
and lastly is there any scripts I have to use for reaper in voice over?
Thanks
Ishan

2017-10-19 11:36:47

hi.
I always wanted to ask this, but something was holding me back. Is there any tutorial for reaper on windows?
I'm a real beginner, and know nothing about reaper.

:)

2017-10-19 14:02:38

Hi
Why don't you try www.logicwithspeech.com

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-10-19 21:22:52

the link isn't workin'

:)

2017-10-19 23:41:08

There's a logicwithspeech site too? I've only heard of protoolswithspeech.com, not logicwithspeech.

2017-10-20 04:08:25

He's probably kidding or something. big_smile

2017-12-20 04:46:16 (edited by johnnyto 2017-12-20 04:51:12)

Pro tools is most accessible.  I may be biased because I learned everything about the DAWS initially from PT. Protoolswithspeech is great I wish they made a Logic one. audio is best with PT.
Whoever stated the Logic with speech website Is lying and should be ashamed of themselves.
I have no light perception so I mainly rely on voiceover and just started  using logic Pro X to produce beats. It is somewhat accessible however some things  bug out and glitch often.  i know  other visually impaired producers that told me that logic Pro X is simpler out of the two to create beats.
Not sure about the Indian  Instruments as I have never used any and I am westernized.
For tutorials for music production via blind perspective,  just listen to the ProTools with speech tutorials and then transfer the skills onto other DAWS. Definitely  bittersweet but rewarding once you  understand and work around the inaccessible parts.
Sadly the ProTools with speech authors rarely respond and are rarely active on their account.  If I have time I will hopefully make it to Torio podcast and posted up here, but I doubt I will get the chance anytime soon.
Reaper and sonic  i have not used however many visually impaired producers do use it. Reaper is free or use GarageBand  like the One mentioned above as it is free and just as excessible as logic Pro X;  they were both updated around the same time to include accessibility patches. 
Hope this helps!

DAWS = digital audio work station or software meaning any music production program.

"He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes; he who asks no questions stays a fool forever." - Chinese proverb
"dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of death will not be able to touch you" - Guru Nanak
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. - 1 Corinthians 13; 4

2017-12-22 06:28:14

I never used Logic nor pro-tools.  Then again I don't have a mac, but I can vouch for Reaper...

I used to use Sonar until the announcement of it's termination recently and now I am slowly but surely migrating my setup to work with OSARA and Reaper.   I'm, however, waiting on the original programmer to be ready to make the jump himself, since well, it's his program, and he and I worked together to develop the accessibility part kinda...

Nonetheless, I will say Reaper would probably be a more user-friendly and cost-friendly option in comparison and is readily available on both PC and Mac.    You can also run Reaper as an unregistered version (older version of the software)  to decide whether or not you want it.

As for your plugin, Not sure, never heard of/tried it.  Hope everything works out for you.  If there are any engineering/production questions you may have, in general, I'm sure there are several of us, on here, that would be happy to help.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-22 10:59:14

Actually, the latest version of reaper still allows you to run unrestricted even after the 60 day trial; with the price of a simple nag screen that pops up for a grand total of 5 seconds.

devin

2017-12-22 15:51:40

Thankyou for clearing that up for me.    Only reason I mentioned this is because I thought there was a Reaper v6+ for Windows but I'm running the one that released on the 12th of this month or something like that.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-24 04:17:57

Are the pro tools with speech totorials even worth it anymore? There like 15 bucks or something, but i've heard that so much has changed since pro tools 10 that the totorials aren't worth the money. For some prospective, we are now on pro tools 12.

2017-12-24 13:23:59

Hi.
Interesting. I hear that Logic is very accessible with Voiceover. I know a few people who are using it with huge success. I only have experience with Garage band so far, but I'll buy Logic when I get enough experience with Garage band, and feel the need for a bigger and more advanced program.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-24 13:52:54

I don't own a Mac, although I kinda do want to jump ship.  I have Garage Band on my iPad, but surely it's not the same.  Nonetheless, if I ever get my hands on a Mac, I'd definitely be toying around with this stuff.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-26 00:27:57

Logic is accessible, but you need to be patient and sometimes need to guess or pray that things are doing what you expect them to, such as selecting tracks. Or mac users i'd strongly recamend just using reaper or buying pro tools, i do not think logic is wurth the money as there's so much that is either only doable with sighted help or so much that is much easier and less time consuming to do with reaper or pro tools. I guess over time you could get really good with logic, but if your just starting out with audio production in general its going to take a while to do even the simplest things. I'm not saying do not under any surcomstances use logic, i'm just saying there are other and better options out there and that you must be even more patient learning logic than another DAW. If you do however decide to buy logic, I wish you good luck.

2017-12-26 12:20:52

I have given Reaper a try, but find it way too complicated. I get confused while trying to do even the most simplest things when it comes to midi. I think Reaper is great, if you have a ton of time to dive very deep into an extremely complex program.
I only have experience with Garage band, so I can't speak for Logic, other than I know from tutorials that it have the same interface like Garage band, at leased in the basic mode.
Pro Tools, well, I don't have the money for such expensive program, so I haven't looked at it.
It would be great to know what's inaccessible in Logic, just so I'm prepared for what I'm not able to do...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen