2017-07-02 20:05:38

Just thumping this topic up to assure you all that I've still been working at the soundpack right now and it's going well. This one I planned to release last month, but given how little it went, I decided to postpone it for a couple months or something. I have a summer class going on, and I want it to be a big update, not just some crap with only a few more changes.
Stay put guys. Sorry for being very slow. I'm trying to get gms to update the help soundpack too so the in game link is no longer broken.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-03 19:44:29

A gift before my next semester starts. Enjoy guys!

Link is also on the first post:

V. 1.02
- New ambiance: water and mud.
- Sounds for some certain in game events.
- Triggers and aliases are now catigorized.
- Also more sounds for certain movements: notably splashing and climbing.
- Some footstep sounds have been changed to be more matched with the newly added sounds.
- As a ladder to the above, some sounds were changed as well. The pack hopefully gives you more lively feeling now.
- Format converted. Now the pack is hopefully smaller. In addition, those bulky "betterat" sounds are removed, and new successful trainingg sound has been added in its place.

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m8qekhzsr67brr/clok.rar?dl=1

Have fun!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-08-03 23:49:37

Oh great, I will tri it.

2017-08-04 00:28:31

I am very sory for this, but can someone tell me something about registration and game play? I have a problem. I have copyed this clock pack to world in mush folder, and launched the game. It says something about tell repeat or something similar, and I click on ok. then I want to register, and type: /register and press enter. what next? I type a name, but nothing happen. It's little strange. smile

2017-08-04 02:28:27

There's clok_tellreply.xml in the plugins folder along with the pack. I already said in read me to copy plugins to your plugins directory before you play, just in case. Please do it.
And for registration, I think it says clearly on screen of what and how to register a new character and log in. Hold on, I'm copying it over.

Welcome to CLOK!
Type /login [character] [password] to log in as your character.
Type /register [character] [password] to register a new character.
Type /who to see who else is connected.
NOTE:  For players using a mud client that intercepts slash(/) characters, use a double-dash instead, like so:  --login [character name] [password]
CLOK staff will never ask for your password for any reason.  To change your password, use the /password command.

For example: /register artus blahblahblah
(Artus is my Clok main character, btw).

2017-08-04 14:32:39

Ok ok thanks? I will tri it. smile

2017-08-04 20:35:31

I'm glad to accept any feedbacks, accept any bugs and help however I can. I check this topic very often anyway.

2017-08-09 10:38:58

hey guys?
can I know how mutch are your woodworking skill?
I made it up to 110, but  still, the results are horroble or  krute, lol.
and, what kind of branch do I need to carve the trinkets?
also, this mud need more players, it's so quiet now. rofl

2017-08-09 10:56:32

i agree,the mud need more players,it's great.

2017-08-09 16:36:29

150+ for something average by chance. And btw Clok usually has a moment when its playerbase are mostly away just like appointed, lol. I'm usually around. Should be around today anyway as I finally got back from having a small surgery at the hospital today.

2017-08-09 19:16:27

I must say I have been enjoying this mud. Oh, I'm the individual who didn't realize that chat still logs you as a guest even while logged into a character for what ever reason I didn't think that through. LOL!!! It is a bit laggy, but I did manage to get used to it. The wilderness is a pain, though. The soundpack you provided does help a little. It's a good sound pack.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-08-10 04:09:28

It's based on command time a lot. Two years ago it lagged even more because of something server-side. But then again if you like something not much of a rush, this mud has everything for you.:) Thank you for liking the pack so far. I can't really say it's mine though, as the original coder of this pack wasn't me. I just kinda took over.

2017-08-10 06:12:19

Oh, yes. I remember you said this was initially Sneak's work, correct? Well, either way. Still good work. Well, anyways, I do look forward to continued sessions. Wilderness expeditions can get rather expensive apparently. LOL

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-08-10 09:06:01

Not when you have higher level in many skills. Things can get easier, and there is cap level range tied to each area besides general wilderness. Exploration can be fun. Even I who's been on for two years can discover new areas at time.

2017-10-03 05:12:14

It's that time again! Time for....an update!

Changelog for V. 1.03
- The hugest edition of this update is, of course, as you may already see, Clok now has music! This includes both ambiance based tracks and the changed intro.
Note: all of these tracks are heavily copyrighted. Please don't take them anywhere for any personal or commercial use. I just added them to enhance your experience. Let them be only in this pack.
- A few more ambiance added along with the music.
- Esp now has its sound change, due to a recent request.
- Autogrinding added for leather repair.
- Fixed a wrong sound file.
- Editted the autogrind read me a little. Fixed some typoes and made it a little easier to understand.
- Default volume tweeked due to recent feedback off it being too low.
- Finally, alchemic damage + weapon sounds, and sounds for continuous burn damage as well.
- Sounds or invalid commandand rp award. Also sounds for others I forgot to note.

Enjoy guys! The link is in the first post and also in the game. Log in and type help soundpack to get it.

2017-10-04 15:20:13

I am loving the new update. I even like the Music, a suggestion Is their any way you could add in a key command so that we could adjust the volume ourselves? I personally think some of the tracts for the music are a little loud. But that's just me. All in all keep up the good work.

Audio game king

2017-10-05 22:45:00 (edited by mata 2017-10-05 22:50:48)

There's a command in the read me if you feel like adjusting the volume yourself. I haven't added keys specifically for it, just commands. usually people would go for larger volume scale when it comes to music and ambiance.
I even added a way for you guys to customize the volume by yourself.
Btw, the next update may seem a little different. I'm gonna recode all of the asigned step sounds and the ambiance stuff, due to the bug it produces in Sneaky's last batch of codes (it made some area ambiance not working for some reason). Stay tuned guys, this update won't be long.
What tracks are too loud, specifically? I'll work on lowering that too

2017-10-06 17:07:53

Their are only 2 that I think are a little loud. The music that plays when you are traveling across plains, and roads, and one when your in the forest, areas. But If I can adjust the volume myself, you may not need to try an lower them. My appolagies for not looking in the readme.I only read the installation instructions.

Audio game king

2017-10-07 01:27:06

It's actually my bad for not telling people to look at the read me. I include everything there, except the autogrinding manual which I really think should be separated.
For those two tracks, I'll try and lowerthem a bit then. Also..

Atention guys, Clok is moving to a new 1000 mb server which Jirato really hopes will reduce the lag to a great extend. I'll keep the news updated. I'm on it testing right now.

2017-10-14 04:43:22

And it's da update again!

changelog for V. 1.05
- Changed some ambiances.
- Adjust the volume of some sounds and music tracks to reduce the problem of them being too quiet or too loud.
- A few more tracks and ambiances added. Void now has a song for you to enjoy.
- Steps recoded due to some ambiances not working properly.
- The pack no longer prevents you from selecting number 10 or 25 anymore. That was an alias I forgot to remove for myself. I've solved it by implementing "Artus mode" only for my alias sets now, lol. Thanks Angelina and Uyoku.
- Due to a recent request, scrape wounds can be shown in the info by toggling "scrape on". Once scrape mode is on, scrapes will be shown when you type info. If you wanna disable it, type scrape off or scrape something that is not "on". It's off by default.
- Removed some useless files and old codes to reduce the pack size.
- A bunch of more sounds added.
- Fixed weird output linebreaks. Special thanks to Ironcross32 for reporting it.
- A few elemental sounds and damage types added.
- Sounds for acid damage and some elemental stuff.

There may be bugs though. If you find any, please voice it aloud.

2017-10-14 08:20:24

This works really well, except the volume commands down work.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-10-14 15:36:42

What do you mean? it should work unless I forget to remove something from the readme.

2017-10-14 18:47:58

I type Mv = 30, and here's what I get.
[string "Alias: "]:1: '=' expected near '=='
Compile error
World: clok
Immediate execution
[string "Alias: "]:1: '=' expected near '=='

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-10-15 01:04:21 (edited by blindndangerous 2017-10-15 01:24:53)

Mata, your mushclient is out of date in post 1. Latest is here. http://www.gammon.com.au/files/mushclie … ent505.exe
I would highly suggest that you make this it's own sound pack, and not rely only on mush-z to get the plugins. Get the ones that you require from your readme, install that .exe I gave you, put your pack together and zip it up. If people want to use mush-z, that's on them, but don't automatically assume that people are going to do that. I'd make this in it's own client.

2017-10-15 01:54:29

Getting the following error when loading clok.mcl.
Run-time error
Plugin: MushReader (called from world: clok)
Function/Sub: OnPluginInstall called by Plugin MushReader
Reason: Executing plugin MushReader sub OnPluginInstall
[string "Plugin: MushReader"]:268: The specified module could not be found.

stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'assert'
        [string "Plugin: MushReader"]:268: in function <[string "Plugin: MushReader"]:267>
Run-time error
Plugin: LuaAudio (called from world: clok)
Function/Sub: OnPluginInstall called by Plugin LuaAudio
Reason: Executing plugin LuaAudio sub OnPluginInstall
[string "Plugin: LuaAudio"]:194: The specified module could not be found.

stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'assert'
        [string "Plugin: LuaAudio"]:194: in function <[string "Plugin: LuaAudio"]:193>