2017-10-12 21:20:53

hi everyone, I'm looking to find an accessible program to write music with. One that can work with midi output from a keyboard and that allows me to do multi track things and all that. But please, unless you have a free resource to learn it, don't suggest reaper. I tried that, and didn't get very far.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-10-13 00:11:32 (edited by flackers 2017-10-13 00:12:48)

I use Sonar with CakeTalking from dancing dots. It's a long way from being free, requires your being a jaws user, is limited to an older version of sonar, but it's really accessible and has comprehensive help documentation, and great tech support.

2017-10-13 00:26:06

How thorough are we talking about? QWS, good sound fonts, and something like Audacity to record into a non-midi format and apply further editing, is more or less the combination I'd go with. However, that does present limitations (for example, the fact that the best instruments don't seem to be available as soundfonts, but as VSTs, which aren't easily applied here), so it really depends what you're going for.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-10-13 20:52:43

I'm looking for something along the lines of logic or pro tools when it comes to functionallity, only for windows. I don't have a mack and don't feel like trying to learn an entirely new OS.

2017-10-13 21:52:40

Well, if you want a free program, there's reaper and osara, it's accessibility plug-in. If you want a fully featured, pro tools like program, there's magix samplitude, with it's free jaws scripts. You can pm me if you want more info.

2017-10-13 22:33:27

when you say reaper, do you know of a resource where it can be learned? Please don't say leacey reaper courses.

2017-10-13 22:37:55

Something like Logic or Pro Tools basically means reaper... and you won't find free resources, other than the budding reaper accessibility wiki. The Cavi courses are worth every penny you pay.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-14 04:38:16

@Post2 Actually, I did have my hands on an NVDA Sonar app module or something to that extent, but I lost it. When I originally found it, it was in an old NVDA addons BTSync folder which I don't have the key for anymore. I know 1 other person who might still have it, but I can't get in touch with him because my phone is broken. I'll try my best to find a way though, I think his info is on my mac partition. I'll post here later tonight or tomorrow.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-10-14 18:02:27

Unfortunately, his info is only on my IPhone, which is broken right now. Sorry guys, I'll keep trying to find other ways.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-10-14 20:22:41

Hi.
@shotgunshell
The NVDA Add-on BTSync folder key, which is read only by the way, was posted in a different topic which is hard to find unless you're insane and decide to spend the rest of your life prowling through hundreds of topics.
The key itself is the following:
BLVF3IDE6YN3WGZOEPCK2KKXPVZJMHLDT

2017-10-15 09:50:00

IMO, for serious audio and music production from an accessibility point of view, nothing beats Reaper with OSARA plugin, especially if we talk about editing automation envelopes via keyboard shortcuts, or editing notes in midi editor. Sonar never let me do this without using an external controler and keyboard, which I don't have, so I had to send notes and controllers from QWS to Sonar by using virtual cabel which was a real pain and time wasting. Reaper is certainly not better than e.g. Protools, Sonar or Cubase because it's much younger product, but on the other hand it has a lot of interesting features, scripting, and plugin extensions. I'm using Reaper for 7 years and I'm never looking back, unless Cubase or FL studio becomes accessible that will never happen. BTW, Reaper costs 60 dollars only for personal use, which is a quite revolutionary price comparing to prices of all other daws.