2017-10-13 20:19:35

Hello everyone.

I am hear today to give you a link to a game that is one of the best audiogames I have ever played.

You may not think so after playing but I really do. In a way this game is simple, but the acting is great.

Here's what the website says about the game.

If you want to kill God, you have to cross all the little hells She created.
The forest cavern is one of those hells, and I've got to admit… it's a good one. Elegant! Turns out all it takes to screw us over is to shut off the lights.
It's embarrassing, honestly. I mean, we've survived on goddamn lava planets. A forest should've been no problem. At first, I was thinking that when we got back to our friends, I'd avoid mentioning this fiasco entirely. But… soon enough, I realized… we were never going to see our friends again.
–Dia

Escape from a Lightless World
HEARtREAD is an audio game. Its goal is to provide a unique experience to players at all levels of visual ability. To this end, it is played on a blank screen.

Before I give you the link and you play this amazing game, once you get on the page, there is a link called download, name your own price, click on that, then press your button key, (NVDA and JAWS users that's the B key,) until you hear $1 . Then shift tab twice to the link that says: no thanks, just take me to the download and click on it.

Once the page has loaded, use your heading key, (NVDA and JAWS users that's your h key,) and then choose your download link. The game can be run on windows and mac.

Here is the link. https://getinthedamnbox.itch.io/heartread

I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-10-13 20:42:19

Hello folks! Brad, thanks for sharing, I'll test it soon.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2017-10-13 21:15:23

Thanks for sharing!

2017-10-13 21:34:47

*may contain spoilers*. this is actually a very interesting game. In all, I don't really know how to talk about it, but one thing is clear the half hour or so I put into it were well used. AS an example I liked the way the robot actually changed what it was doing based on your position, and would follow you around and be active during cutscenes. One thing I'm really curious about is what song was used in the ending battle. I did a search for the lyrics, but couldn't find anything.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-10-13 22:38:31

i thought the game would be longer.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-10-13 23:57:11

Maybe it is short but it's really great! thank you for sharing! so fantastic expierience and I am searching for the song too.

I think I'll contact the devs.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-14 00:23:46

Hi,
Wow, this sounds interesting. I wonder if this is going to be featured in one of the jams. Looks like, if so, that we're going to be off to a good start.

2017-10-14 00:44:26

This may be a silly question but where are the game instructions?

I saw the note about turning but so far that's the only thing instruction like that I have found.

Yeah, I'm one of those rare individuals that will actually read the documentation before attempting to use something. That way when I actually start using it, I'll have some idea of what to expect, or what I need to do.

2017-10-14 00:59:50

Orko, I hate readmes and the whole documentation which will tel you you need to do this HERE and THERE and this is probably because I played a lot of video games with interactive tutorials and audio games are lacking these sadly.

Just launch the game and you'll know what to do. Much better than readin tons of stupid text and it's really much simpler than any of the manuals out there.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-14 01:04:47

Hi everyone.

For those wondering if this will be featured in the jam, sadly it will not as the game is a year or so old.

IF you're looking for the last song in the game, take a look at the comments on the webpage,you should be able to find it there for free.

2017-10-14 01:08:05

Hi,
So, I have completed the game, it seems, although there's one thing I don't get. In the credits, it says the role of a certain character name, the third one in the list. However, I never seemed to hear this person in the game? Did I accidentally miss something while, perhaps, using the control key for it's purpose? The character is mentioned by our main character, but why does it also say that they were played b one of the actors? What am I missing? I only heard the main two characters.

2017-10-14 03:30:45 (edited by stewie 2017-10-14 03:31:17)

spoilers
I'm pretty sure Priscilla is the being you're trying to steal the polygons from who was inhabiting the creatures trying to attack you. That's the only interpretation I could come up with. Also what's up with Heart's perception sounding like a city? I'm not entirely sure what message the game is trying to go for. I thought it was a neat concept though.
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-10-14 10:30:45

Hi.

I don't think there was any particular message to the game. If you read the comments you'll find out that the person who wrote it didn't really have a story in mind.

2017-10-14 13:42:06

Thanks for sharing, will gonna try it.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-10-14 15:23:48

This is a verry good game, I like the idea.
And Orko, you are with me in a club, I am one of these persons who reads the documentation.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-10-14 19:02:09

Hi,
I also read the documentation too, but I like that this game has an in-game tutorial so there's no need for it. Also, I have found out something. There is definitely a hidden scene in this game, and you will learn, or at least get a better idea of, who Priscilla is. I've now finished everything this game has to offer, it seems. I enjoyed it. The hidden scene was a nice little bonus and it did surprise me.
If you want  a hint of what to do, I've put it in spoilers below, but I have not revealed the exact instructions, I'd like to see if anyone can figure it out first.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
Pay close attention during the very beginning of the finale, to what Heart says. It is a hint as to how to get the ending.

2017-10-15 16:58:44

Very cool as a gamereminds me of pappasangre, though I would be interested to know if this is one of a series or what as it seemed to belong to it's own mythos.

I hope we see more from this team in the future.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-16 21:50:19

Hi Dark,
I don't know if the dev is going to make any sequels to the game, but in his writing and radio dramas there seems to be some sort of overarching plot about this world, but I haven't had the chance to have a look at them yet.

2017-10-20 20:10:30

Hi.
Nice game. I can't complete the first challenge where you have to tune in on the heartbeat... smile I keep fail this, even when I have the fastest heartbeat...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-10-21 01:16:58

Hello all. I tried getting the hidden scene for this amazing game, but I can't seem to figure it out. During my first playthrough, I heard Heart said that the fourth meant some purpose, so I kept that in mind. So during my next playthrough, I tried leaving the fourth monster alone, I even let it get close to me, but Heart jus keeps telling Dia to run away. Maybe this is simpler than I am making it out to be, but maybe I'm just missing something. Any further help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

2017-10-21 05:58:18 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-10-21 05:59:27)

@ SLJ: let go the space key if you hear the hart bit playing faster, and walk forward
heart will explain to you why you should not listen to her world  for so  long soon

2017-10-21 10:35:25

Hi,
OK, I'll provide some explanations here.
To use the heartbeat feature, all ou have to do is hold down control. When it beats very fast, then, and only then, tap the spacebar, and when the spells fires out, make sure you let go of control while she is speaking the spell so you actually hear what happens afterwoods.
Now, for the hidden scene, I'll put a hint in the spoilers, but only a hint. I wasn't even going to go this far, but I'll go for it.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
The hidden scene only works during the song, which is the game's finale sequence/final playable section. It's quite easy to figure it out, although it's also a little different to normal, but when you figure it out, something makes sense.

2017-10-21 10:48:20

Thanks. I didn't thought about pressing the spacebar. Lol.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-10-22 10:40:00

Hi.
The game is surprisingly easy to beat. Great sound design, interesting story but too easy gameplay in my opinion.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-10 05:59:30

a hidden final? hmmm its interesting. I have to try to get it.
But so, with a ending song and somtething. well. I can say that the game is simple, short and small, but the devs put a  lot of love on them. SIng a song for the end to the game, the dialogs and more brings to you all of the efort. send a special feel from the devs to you.
The game isn't complex, is hard, but is a beauty small piece of love.