2017-10-12 12:25:19

Anthony, if you're talking about the Guild of Thieves, it's not so secret that you can't ever ever talk about it. Especially OOCly on an external forum that I don't even have any control over, lol. I admire your willingness to not go into detail through.

What you're going to want to do is find an existing member. There's like 3 of them that are semi-active right now, one in particular plays quite a bit, daily. The Guild is entirely player-initiated. Just have one of them vouch for you and you're in.

Though, a good thief doesn't get caught. You might want to tone it down a bit. If your character gets a reputation of overt crimes and constantly being in jail, then that's actually going to work against you. the Guild doesn't want it's members revealing themselves to the public. A thief with a reputation is no good to them.

If you're talking about the Claw of Star, there's no restrictions to join, you just need to find the right NPC...

Jirato
Lead Developer for CLOK

2017-10-12 18:00:46 (edited by anthony002 2017-10-12 18:01:37)

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try and live the strait and narrow life from now on, at least for a little while anyway heh. The guild of thieves is what I'm talking about. I just haven't figured out a way to approach someone, because it's like how do you ask someone if they're a thief? I'll get it though, now that I know that's what I gotta do.

2017-10-12 20:44:56

What confuses me, hmm, a lot of little things. I am liking the game a lot though, especially since the new server is far less laggy. I want to make some money to buy a horse so I can go further without always having to be worried about food things, but they cost a lot, and I don't have a lot, so I'm just gonna have to work up to it. I do feel like the system fights me sometimes though, because certain objects don't have logical aliases, but I did figure out it usually aliases to the last word in a name. It's frustrating at times when stuff doesn't work the way you'd think it should, and you have to play guess the syntax to try to get it to behave.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-13 00:53:37

It really is so much better now with the new server. I'm enjoying myself a ton playing. As to making money, I always start a new char off atempting to do tasks if they join a guild, asuming I found a decent weapon in the crate usually in the town square. If not that, then  foraging out in the forest, and once I've saved up a little over 400 riln more or less, I buy an axe and borrow a handcart to do some logging. But that's just me, there are a lot of ways to earn riln.

2017-10-13 03:24:42

How could everyone, seriously, everyone, forget how awesome berries are?:p

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-13 12:04:16

Ironcross.  All objects in the game have a "pre-read" which is basically the adjectives such as "large oak", a noun, which is just that, such as "gate", and may optionally have a "post-add" which is some additional details on the item such as "bound with cast iron reinforcements". Very few objects in the game have multiple nouns, but general rule for those is to match based off the first word in the noun. If it is hyphenated, you can match based off of either the first or second.

You always target the item by the noun. If there are multiple items with the same noun in a room, you can use part of the pre-read to assist in targeting the item. The post-add is never used for targeting.

For example, in a room with two gates, you could "go oak gate", "go large oak gate", or even "go second gate" to go through the gate that shows up second. Note that "other" is also an alias for second.

If you've found items that aren't following the above, it sounds more like a problem in the way the item was designed than a difficulty with our parsing system. Do you have any specific examples?

Jirato
Lead Developer for CLOK

2017-10-13 13:13:20

Actually, there's the other way around items with the same name. Instead of typing go second gate when there're two gates in the room, you can type go gate 2 and it works just the same.:)
Love all of you, and love clok! Se you all there!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-13 21:03:39

I've been going on Clok a lot in the past few days. Just waiting for the sound pack update, but still, it works well with MudRammer for iOS. The lag is way better, and I managed to create a crude dagger... Once. IC: Not sure how I did it, but I just can't get it to happen again yet. Perhaps I'll rediscover it if I practice more. End IC.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-10-14 03:18:14

Keep practicing and get those rolls up. Higher the roll, the better you do.

2017-10-14 03:20:55

Hmm, nothing really sticks out to me, except I have a memory of another character like a year or two again in another town trying to get a booth in a diner and fighting with it for a while before being able to. I do use the options to help. Actually I just thought of something, but its not a matching issue, I was having trouble adding stuff to a fire and asked and was told what I had to do was swap so the thing to add was in the right hand. Also, I couldn't figure out how to give something to someone, it just wasn't working, item was in my right hand, and it just didn't work, that was really frustrating because it kind of messed up my RP. I'm sure the other person didn't really put much stock in it, but for me to drop something on the ground and them pick it up, you wouldn't do that IRl lol. Let me see what I tried. The help messages were saying if the item was in the right hand you would do give <person> which I tried, I thought I might have spelled their name wrong, so I looked and I was spelling it right, also I was using the automatic tab completion in my client. I tried give <thing> to <person> which the help said would work if the item wasn't in the left hand, I never did get that working.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-14 04:18:59

Give item to person. Don't forget if in the case that whatever you type doesn't work.

2017-10-14 15:39:00

My pack is updated now if anyone wanna try. There may be bugs though. I fast coded this one.

2017-10-14 20:37:41

Yeah I did try that, and verified it was matching on the item by first looking at it when it didn't work the first time. I tried both methods described, the give <name of person> with the item in the right hand, and the give <item> to <person>, neither worked for me.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-15 02:54:10

so it was alias that troubled huh.

2017-10-15 03:37:09

has anyone  encounter this? ,  the game will kick you out if you not input a command for a minute or so

2017-10-15 03:40:39

after like 10 minutes, not 1, if its doing that for you, its on your end, either your internet is crapping out, your ISP is forcibly resetting the connection, or something.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-17 23:18:56

I know it says way back when that this game is rp enforced, but for those familiar with actually playing the game long term, having experiences in the different guilds, how strict is it? I only ask as the game itself sounds truly wonderful, but I'll admit, I'm probably the world's worse rper ever. smile
I don't mind keeping things in character, aside from a few slip ups here and there, but the going majorly into detail to do the smallest action, I've never been good at. I tend to solo a lot, if I can and really only try to ask for help if I need it, so would that be an issue?
Either way, from all I read here about it's features and such, it sounds pretty cool.
Take care.

2017-10-18 02:19:03

Jason blaze, that's your internet for sure. I have the same problem whenever I'm home, lol.
Boomstick, how strict is it depends on how much you want yourself to be "involved". Some guilds have rather serious rp, like those of the church. If you wanna go solo and never involve much, look for something casual.

2017-10-18 07:29:18

Hi,
boomstick, I tend to play as you do,and probably suck at rping, but I play this fine, just have your character be a recluse, or say a few things here and there,as you pass by people,and you should be ok.
Will probably start playing this again, when I find my vipmud pack lol.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-10-18 21:54:06

@mata, what might you suggest as a guild that would be considered casual, or do the guild help files and such have a good enough explanation as to how much rp might be required?

@Grryf, that's definitely good to know. I'm really thinking about giving it a look. I've been looking for a decent mud for a while now and this one's features make it sound pretty neat.
Take care.

2017-10-19 00:26:49

So the GMs dont' really care if you write out ritch, detailed emotes.  As long as you try, it'll be more fun for you and everyone involved.

If you're "terrible," at RP (or you think you are), avoid monk/templar/rook/sharr/thief/mummer.

The tse gaiyan is a middle ground.  artisan/mercenary/wyrvardn/snowpine/elemancer are good intro guilds for those new to RP/feel like they suck.

Just give it a try.  there's really no pressure....worst you can do is not have fun.

2017-10-19 00:28:13

Hactually, good RP practice.  See if you can find someone of certain guilds you're interested in to talk to about them in an in-game perspective.

2017-10-19 04:43:05

Merin got it.:)

2017-10-20 10:04:46

Loving this mud so far, but holy god blacksmithing is grindy! I'm finally able to produce some average and above quality crafts every now and again, but even though my skill lvl is around 250 I still get the good ol malformed lumps sometimes. At least finding practice materials is easy enough, and I have learned some smelting techniques that have made me a lot wealthier I have to say. Honestly though, the thought of grinding it out and actually becoming decent at every type of forging makes me cringe a little bit.

2017-10-20 16:20:32

Focus on one thing at a thime and you'll be good at everything you can eventually. I have a pure craft character working that way myself.