2017-10-11 23:54:08

Hi.
One thing i havent seen in the guide and I hope you guys can help me, how can I use the intrumental music in the main menu insteat of that urm, let's say, hip hop music which is used?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-12 00:07:07

@simba - the sound tracks are pretty monotonous in selection this year. Here's info on the volume control menu. I suggest turning off Menu Music.

Section Volume Control
The following describes how to get to volume control settings and describes settings.
From the Main Menu:
• Hold down right on dpad until you feel repeated rumbles.
• Press A/X to enter the customize Menu.
• Press down on the dpad twice to get to settings.
• Press A/X to go to Settings.
• Press A/X again to go to setting adjustments.
• Press down 5 times to select Volume Control
All settings can be changed using left and right on the dpad. All settings can be navigated between using up and down on the dpad. Settings save automatically. Tap the B/Circle for a couple of seconds to get back to the main menu. All directions from the main menu assume the top left corner as a starting point.
The settings are in the following order:
• Master Volume
• Audio Mix
• In-Game Commentary
• Stadium Speakers
• Crowd Volume
• On the Field
• Menu Music
• Menu SFX (Sound Effects)
All settings are sliders except Audio Mix. All sliders move between 0 and 100 and you will feel rumbles if you try to slide past that range.
Audio Mix has the following options:
• Broadcast, which makes all sliders 100%.
• Field, which mutes in game commentary and reduces stadium speakers and crowd volume.
• Custom – allows setting slides to any value. Changing a slider automatically switches audio mix to custom.

2017-10-12 00:42:44

Hi.
Yeah your right, it also sounds like that in the stadium, just basic techno music, no real change of music like in the older madden games, ah madden 07, I couldnt play it, but I loved the soundtrack in game.
Well, I played a game against the eagles now and boy, I get nothing done round here.
I screw up every pass, cause interceptions all the time, spike the football, shoot, I still don't get that passing play.
Maybe someone can take a look at it.
I feel the long rumble and I start hitting the keys in the following order, a, b, x, y, a, b, x, y and so on till I feel a short rumble,
But then, that's the section where I get unsure. When I hit x for a grab catch, I always have an incomplete pass or the ball gets intercepted. Or, when I hit the buttons, do I need to feel a longer and stronger rumble? I somehow made it yesturday, but today, ouch.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-12 03:54:18 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-12 03:57:21)

Here are instructions on practice mode, which might help figuring out all these moves.

From the main menu:
- On the left stick, press right 4 times, then down 2 times to reach the practice menu icon.
- Press A/X to enter practice menus
- The next menu has 3 options, normal, offense only, and kick-off. For now, let's practice kicking. Press down twice, then A
- Press A/X two more times to start the game

From here, you will be completing kickoff over and over again, to the end of time.

To switch to a different mode while in practice mode, pause the game with the hamburger button (or whatever playstation calls it, I'll check tomorrow).

After the game is paused, on the left stick, press down twice, then right once. Press A/X to go to the practice type menu. The game will prompt you again on game type. For now, press down once, and then press A/X to select offense only. Depending on where you were on the menu, the first play might still be from the previous mode but that will only happen once per practice type switch.

Coach suggestions do not work in practice mode, so you'll be faced with the advanced menus. I'll explain the mode, then give a refresher on the advanced menus.

Assuming you pick any play, you will automatically repeat that play until you chose a new play. Since the game type is offense only, there is no defense team to get in the way of the ball, so this is a good time to practice passes.

To chose a new play, pause the game, then on the left stick press right twice, then press A/X to request a new play. The advanced play call menu will again pop up, allowing you to select a new play.

To play with both offense and defense teams, pause the game again, and on the left stick, press right twice and down twice. Press A/X to select practice type, then press A/X again to select normal type.

Normal mode allows both offense and defense teams on the field, and you pick plays for both teams. Complete instructions for advanced menus first for offense, then for defense. The plays will repeat until you pick a new one. To pick a new play, pause the game, then on the left stick press right twice, then press A/X to request a new play.

Normal mode allows switching to defense and practice interacting on defense moves. Pause the game, press left stick down twice, then press A/X. This will not choose a new play, only flip what team you are controlling.

Offense menu guide:
-    Press down on left stick 3 times and press A/X to get to the play type menu
-    When you press left/right, you will cycle between pass, run, and special team menus. Pass is default.
-    Pass menu options: quick pass, standard pass, shotgun pass, play action pass, screen pass, hail mary
-    Run menu options: inside handoff, outside handoff, pitch, counter, draw, fb run
-    Special menu options: special teams, clock management, QB run
-    Pressing A on any of these options opens up a submenu of plays. The plays vary based on play book, you are guaranteed at least one option for each. All plays in a category function similarly.
-    Select a play using up/down on the stick to move between sets of 3, and press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play. Not all menus will be full, so if a button doesn’t select a play, try a different button.

Defense menu guide:
For defense:
-    Press down on left stick 4 times and press A/X to get to the play type menu
-    When you press left/right, you will cycle between man coverage, zone coverage, blitz, special
-    Man coverage has options: man coverage, man zone
-    Zone coverage has options cover 2 zone, cover 3 zone, deep zone
-    Blitz has options man blitz, zone blitz, special has goal line and special teams
-    Similar to offense, pressing a on any of these options opens up a submenu of plays. The plays vary based on play book, you are guaranteed at least one option for each. All plays in a category function similarly.
-    Select a play using up/down on the stick to move between sets of 3, and press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play. Not all menus will be full, so if a button doesn’t select a play, try a different button.

kick-off play guide:
- There are no advanced kick-off menus, it's just a list. press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play. For onside kick, press left stick down once to switch menus, then press press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play.

2017-10-12 04:09:50

Reminder/warning: practice mode is a bit buggy, so when you change plays or practice types, there will usually be one more play of the previous type before it really allows you to select the correct play.

2017-10-12 07:28:41

ea_accessible wrote:

simba - Commentary updates constantly.

SLJ - I don't know where you live, but there are multiple versions of madden. The GOAT (greatest of all time) edition is more expensive. In the US, you can get standard for 50 on amazon or 60 digital download on xbox live. The goat edition is 80 and comes with extra madden ultimate team virtual cards.

Thanks for your reply. I'm from Denmark, and I'm looking at the Madden 18 game without any extras on the Playstation network. Here you have the link, but I'm not sure if it'll load the US site if you click on it:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-dk/ … NFL18GAME1

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-10-12 08:40:03

Hi.
two things.
First you SLJ, it loads the english page for the danish store, the normal game costs 599.99 danish crowns, yeah, that's quite expensive for the game I have to say, over here in germany it costs about 64 euros retail and 59 on the xbox store.
At EAAccessible, ah, thanks for mensioning the practice mode, i knew that it was there but never looked into it.
one thing though, you explained how to quit a game after it's completion, but how can you quit a game in progress?
I know how to call a time out, hit pause and one to the right and A, but haven't found a way to quit mid game, without madden resuming the game when you click on play now again.
Also, thanks for the volume control, but this was actually not what I was looking for. I still want to have main menu music, but the instrumental soundtrack that adolis used in his videos.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-12 08:42:14

BTW, my xBox username is BlindLion213, would like to play an online match one day.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-12 15:28:56

Even though the kicking for the extra point and field goal, I am still not able to be successful.
Is there any way that I could let the computer do that part for me?
I can do the punting pretty good.
It's just the kicking for the extra point and field goal.

2017-10-12 16:28:26

So I'm having trouble with defense. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm having trouble between a pass and a run play. I feel a small vibration, and the next time I feel a vibration is whenthe ball's either in the air or when I'm tackling, but I can't tell which one it is and sometimes it causes them to gain a lot of yards because by the time I figure it out its too late. What'm I doing wrong?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-10-13 02:09:58

How to quit practice: pause the game, on the left stick press right once, press A/X to quit, then press left stick down once and press A/X one more time to confirm quitting.

Better explanation of the kick meter timing: There's a thunk-thunk feel to the double rumbles that indicates the kick meter is moving. Approximately 1 second later there's a rumble for setting power, then about a second after that there's another rumble for setting accuracy. For max power and accuracy, try to press A/X as soon as you feel the power and accuracy rumbles.

@cyco - kicking has to be done via the kick meter. Try practicing kick-off to get the timing down.

2017-10-13 02:27:19

@death - the snap rumble is intentionally the same for a run and pass play so as to not immediately tip off the defense team as to what offense is about to do. Good feedback on the rumbles being too similar.

My defense suggestion (@Addolis might have better ones)

Press A/X to pick the suggested play. You will feel a rumble when the quarterback snaps the ball, but it is the same rumble for all types of plays. If you feel another rumble right after this, then the ball was passed and is in the air. Try pressing Y to block it. Swap players using B/Circle and press A/X if you feel a rumble to engage offense players or tackle the ball carrier.

2017-10-13 02:51:10

I think I have the compilation up to date here: https://np.reddit.com/user/ea_accessibl … blind_and/

I've tomorrow off, so I'll be more scarce, but will probably check in here at some point.

2017-10-13 10:10:44

Hi.
At EA Accessible, thanks for the explanations.
But, what I ment by quitting was how to cancel a game in progress, not quit the practice mode, this one was helpfull too, but hitting pause, one right and a in a play now game results in a time out.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-13 16:57:41

simba wrote:

Hi.
two things.
First you SLJ, it loads the english page for the danish store, the normal game costs 599.99 danish crowns, yeah, that's quite expensive for the game I have to say, over here in germany it costs about 64 euros retail and 59 on the xbox store.
At EAAccessible, ah, thanks for mensioning the practice mode, i knew that it was there but never looked into it.
one thing though, you explained how to quit a game after it's completion, but how can you quit a game in progress?
I know how to call a time out, hit pause and one to the right and A, but haven't found a way to quit mid game, without madden resuming the game when you click on play now again.
Also, thanks for the volume control, but this was actually not what I was looking for. I still want to have main menu music, but the instrumental soundtrack that adolis used in his videos.
Greetings Moritz.

Wow. Well, I'll wait until the price drops here in Denmark. This is simply way too expensive, when the game is that much cheeper in other countries. Sorry for complaining this time...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-10-14 15:20:48

Hi.
Two things.
At SLJ, can't you buy it from the german store somehow? Or drive over the border and get it from german retail xD, it's about 60 dollars here.
Second thing, I think I got it almost down how to pass.
What I am doing is when I feel the long rumble, I hit the face buttons till a short rumble comes up, I wait till there is another rumble and than I hit x or Y, mostly X though, after that, when the player has the ball, I am hitting circle to get out of tackles and get up field.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-14 18:29:04

Link for franchise appears to be down. Anyone mind giving me tips on how you're doing trades/contracts/everything else?

2017-10-14 18:42:34

Hi.
Ok, two things with the game, one is a question, one an anoyance I hav.
first, field goal kicking, i hit the kick meter, hit at full power and accuracy and still the darn thing goes a miss, apparently the power is ok, but I am consantly missing the goal post, this is especially sad because I missed a field goal, received an interception, had another chance and missed it again, that's 6 points you own to me EA Sports xd.
second, how I hate this comment, oh and he spiked the football, argh, this does happen in the most crutial situations, like 4th down, 3rd down and just 2 yards to go, I don't get why this is happening. Can someone explain that to me?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-15 11:26:44

Hi Simba.
Yeah I'm thinking about driving to Germany and buy the game if the price don't drop in a few weeks here...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-10-15 21:21:17

So I understand that I was playing online and those people can be like, best and all but holey crap.

Any tips at all for not throwing the ball to another team?  Haha.  I do the x/y/b/a thing when trying to pass to first open receiver....but I just get massicered.  I don't think I had any incomplete passes.  All of them were cought....by my opponent.

2017-10-15 21:22:32

also, would love to play some of you.  xbox name is merin711.

2017-10-16 02:15:04

Same, xbox name is northernwind01 for anyone who wants to add me.

2017-10-16 06:47:02

hell yeah. lets get some online games going sometime. xbox name is DementedUncle

2017-10-16 06:48:25

also seem to have the same problem online. all my passes get caught by the other team.

2017-10-16 08:28:04

Hi all,

Just completed and posted my second franchise game. I won pretty big, though there was one kick that confused me. Before you hit X for the kick meter to start moving, I feel a rumble. I thought that was a field goal rumble, and I move the left stick around until it stopped, then follow kick meter rules and it was a big moment missed. Other than that, passing is hit and miss for me right now.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pg0TOCRVs