2017-10-02 03:48:49

Hello admin,
My name is Harsha HD
I registered to audio games in the middle of this year
and i was at the busy schedule those days and didn't posted anything
Me and my friend released a game called "Snakes and ladders" and, want to reply to that post now
it is showing that "Sorry, no permitions to reply."
and could you please help it out by solving that problem.
Thanks and regards
Harsha HD

Thumbs up

2017-10-02 09:31:50

I am Aarush, An Indian blind person. I like audio games. Yes, this is a great idea. who likes spams!

Abay chal.

Thumbs up

2017-10-02 14:21:13

Welcome to the forum harsha.hd  and Aarush.

We do like new games, and new audio gamers on the forum from anywhere in the world, but no, we do not like spam big_smile.

Hope you  both have as much fun here as I do.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-04 00:13:11

Hello,

I'm DrJedd, a musician and game developer who recently got involved with VI game development through the Music Game Jam and Weekly Game Jam.

We tried to make a game that:
- Provides non-VI people the feeling of being blind (visual feedback is faint, almost non-existant and the player's pointer emits little light leaving most of the screen pitch black)
- Provides VI people with an interesting gameplay that is similar to the visual version

It was our first attempt and we ran into poorly timed production problems (project files got corrupted as I was adding more levels for blind mode, missing a few critical audio cues too) but we're going to fix those problems and release a better version of this game soon.

We're also going to give audiogames another try by attending AudioGameJam #2, this time with 100% focus on making our game enjoyable for VI gamers.

We would like to gather actual playtest data and feedback from VI gamers so this forum is a great place to begin!

Thanks, hope to meet some of you soon! smile

jedd

Thumbs up

2017-10-04 00:14:11

Whoops, I forgot to link the game previously mentioned: https://drjedd.itch.io/mosaic

Thumbs up

2017-10-04 05:24:33

Hi jedd and welcome to the forum.

this is certainly the place to get blind and V.i gamers to test the project, and as always a new game sounds fascinating.
I've now unrestricted your account, so Please post a topic about this in our new releases room and you'll likely get lots of interest, also we can see about some news on the front of site and so on.

Hope you have fun on the forum and find what your looking for.

Dark.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-04 10:33:39 (edited by r3dux 2017-10-04 11:12:16)

Hi there,

My name's Al and I'm a full-time university lecturer and part-time Ph.D student at Federation University Australia (about an hour and change north-west of Melbourne).

My current research topic is work on novel/assistive input/output technologies, and as part of that I've just spent the last 20 months writing a piece of software that adds customisable sonification cues to video games (based on changes in the games' internal state) designed to assist blind or visually impaired players. The software is largely geared towards adding sonification to fighting games at the moment, but I'm confident that it can be adapted to a wide variety of genres.

As such, I thought this might be a great place to announce the release of my software (it's not quite finished yet - but it will be very soon, think this month). When released, the software including full source code will be freely available on GitHub under the MIT license.

Thanks & look forward to chatting with you in the future!

-Al

Thumbs up

2017-10-04 11:10:57

Hi and welcome.

The project  definitely sounds fascinating and we have fans of fighting games here.
I've freed up your account so feel tree to tell us about your research in general game discussion, then post something in new releases when you have some software people can test out and play with.

2017-10-04 11:27:14 (edited by r3dux 2017-10-04 11:28:53)

Thanks, Dark.

After a long time in development I'm really looking forward to having the project ready for release, and will write up something to gauge interest and post it in general game discussion.

As this is a research project and not just a stand-alone piece of software, when it's released I'd like to invite users to participate in a usability study to try to get a handle on whether the software's effective or not (i.e. is it any good?). The trial itself will be human ethics certified (by FedUni), aimed only at adults aged 18 years or older, and come with a plain language information statement explaining all conditions of participation, so I'd hope that it would fall within acceptable use of the forums for me to ask if anyone would like to participate at a later date.

Cheers!

Thumbs up

2017-10-05 10:11:04

Hi, I'm Benjamin, a developer at a company called Virtuosi Media. I've developed a online game called Junction Gate, which some of the users here have discovered, so I'm looking to gather some feedback to make it more accessible.

Thumbs up

2017-10-05 13:08:44

Hello and welcome to the forum.
That sounds fantastic, I read over the instructions for   junction   gate myself and  it sounded amazing, though I've not tried the game yet owing to being rather busy moving house at the moment.

We have  been looking for an accessible single player  complex space exploration game for a long while, since the majority of accessible browser ones have been very  heavy on the pvp.

So it's great your looking  making the game accessible.
The junction gate topic can be found  the new releases room, and I'll be glad to try the game myself as well.

2017-10-06 02:35:32

Thanks Dark! I posted there looking for some additional feedback.

Thumbs up

2017-10-06 14:29:44

Hi.
This is Jeremy Hartley, and I am most certainly not a spambot. Grin

I have been a totally blind gamer since going back to the days of the Atari 2600. My only claim to fame for audio games is that I was the voice of the mysterious wizard in the introduction of Entombed.

I have recently purchased an Xbox, and have been learning my way around games like EA Sports UFC 2, which I was considering putting together a rough guide to help other blind gamers.

Jeremy

Thumbs up +1

2017-10-07 13:06:58

Jeremy wrote:

This is Jeremy Hartley, and I am most certainly not a spambot. Grin

Hmmm, sounds like something a spambot would say! Lol.

Glad you've made it to the forum, and hope you have a lot of fun round here, btw, yes, this is the same Dark from the  entombed list etc.

2017-10-12 18:45:53

Hello everyone, bosstone from cyberassault mud here. We have been making improvements to our game to make it more friendly for screen readers. I just wanted to let you all know that there has been updates made to our soundpack recently. If you log on with your favorite mud client do a help vip in game for more information. Much appreaciation to you all and your great community.

Thumbs up

2017-10-13 05:48:55

i like how this system works, nice job

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

Thumbs up

2017-10-13 09:53:17

Hello,

I'm dmesg (not my real name of course tongue) , i'm playing  for the first time an audio game, code7: https://goodwolfstudio.itch.io/code-7 .  Very interesting :-)

Thumbs up

2017-10-13 18:21:14

Hi.

Apologies to both of you, I was rather busy today so didn't get to check the forum this morning, still your accounts are unrestricted now.

@tysonsylvester123, good to hear about the cyber assault fix, I've had my own confusions with the mud myself so good it's got some upgrades. There is a cyber  assault topic in new releases, perhaps you  could post changes and updates there?
@dmesg, welcome to the forum, we know code 7 well and have played the beta, hope you have fun discussing the game and trying out many other titles.

2017-10-15 06:00:50

Hello! I'm beetracks, I'm participating in the Audiogame Jam 2. It is my first attempt at an audiogame and I am enjoying so far.

Thumbs up

2017-10-15 14:11:18

Hello Beetracks and welcome.
We look forward to playing any games you develop, feel free to ask any questions you want on the forum, and hope you have fun.

2017-10-16 19:27:10

Hey there!
I'm Kevin (also known as KJ). I'm a new player of audiogames from the US, and am interested in learning more and contributing to discussions of new games, existing games, strategies, and other such topics.
See all around!
-KJ.

Thumbs up

2017-10-17 06:03:16

Um, I'm not a new user, but can I say something here?
I am not a spam, but I am a scam, hopefully.
Well guys, as many of you have known me, my name is Socheat. I'm from Cambodia, the country that resides itself in the Southeast Asia, in the middle of Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos. I am currently in high school. I love computing technology, and I love to play games sometimes.
That's it for me.

2017-10-17 14:49:10

Hi Kevin and  Welcome, hope you have a lot of fun around here playing audiogames and contributing to discussions, your account is now unrestricted.

@Socheat,  Saying welcome seems a bit redundant but hay hello anyway big_smile.

2017-10-17 20:49:11

hello, my name is serkan i am a new user on audio game  i want use this forum to find better games, and new friends. i have been using this webside  for long time and now want be active user in the forum

Thumbs up

2017-10-17 22:46:23

Greetings my childs,

I was lead here for a reason wink
Maybe some of you may be able to guess it - I am totally excited by the game a Heros call. Maybe I jumped onto the Hype Train a bit late... But nevertheless I want to participate in the General discussion about it and want to Motivate the devs with my verbal Support...
And I also read some very interessting opinions about the future of Audio games and want to discuss about that as well. So I finally decided to join the Forum actively, not longer as a silence gast.

I am no bot at all, so please activate my account, will you? smile

English is not my native language by the way, so please apologize some clumsy wording or bad spelling...

Thumbs up