2017-10-11 13:49:19 (edited by CAE_Jones 2017-10-19 17:36:39)

I only looked at this briefly, but it appears to be mostly text.
http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/index2.html
You start out with a boring ordinary paperclip factory. Play it right, and you can convert the whole planet into paperclips.
So, if you ever wanted to destroy the world with runaway capitalist robot office supplies, you might give it a try.
If you want to let it run in the background while you do something else, Chrome apparently has problems with this. Firefox supposedly works fine. I dunno about IE / Safari / etc.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-10-12 15:15:49

Hi,
@CAE, the link is broken.
I havent played many of these to be honest,besides crafting kingdom and spacecompany. and those are the only 2 I have liked so far.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-10-12 17:08:35

Yeah, it was shared on several sites yesterday, and the server couldn't handle the bandwidth. Rumor has it that the developer plans to bring it back at some point.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-10-14 19:47:30

this is actualy a cool kind of game.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-10-19 17:35:42

I think it's back up. Also, a common warning I came across:
Two, make sure you don't buy more than 33 Processors until you have at least 67 Memory, or you will softlock the game.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-02-28 13:15:32

Well the threadcromancy here is because the game is back, or at least it's available On this site

I'm giving it a try. I do like the number of little minigames involved, albeit it took me a while to work out the stock market, and I like the idea that you basically have to change strategy throughout the game.

Nothing actually inaccessible, though some headings would've helped, also the stock market is rather confusing, or at least the best way I found to deal with it was hit deposit, read the total, and then wait to see if I got a bigger total, and if not sling in more cash.
What is odd is even though stocks go up when you put your cash in initially, you can't withdraw for a while so bare that in mind.

Right now I'm just waiting for enough operations to get people to trust me so I can start producing hypnodrones big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-01 03:27:03

Interesting, I read about this on Lifehacker awhile ago and never got around to trying it. Glad to see it's back. It's been awhile since a browser game caught my attention, and this did sound like an interesting concept back when I read about it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-03-01 09:40:24

Unfortunately I played for hours yesterday and seem to have buggered up my game completely in the third stage, the moral of the story seems to be  don't try to figure out complex games while extremely tired from a sleepless night and trust :random guides from redit D.

Someone said to put a lot of points into replication for probes early on, but having lots of replication and no combat ability meant that the drifting probes replicated beyond the point I could actually kill them off even when I created probes of my own with nothing but! combat bonuses, so methinks I'll have to restart completely, which is bloody annoying!

I will say access on this one is a bit odd, since while all the buttons are certainly  labeled there are a few images mentioned in the extremely comprehensive wiki (one which is virtually a stratogy guide and which I really should've trusted instead of random redits).

The biggest issue from an access perspective seems to be quantum computing since there is an image of computer chips which goes dark and light, and you have to wait until it's going light to hit the compute button to maximise your operations.
You can get this through the numbers, ie, if you hit the compute button a couple of times and the plusses seem to be going up, hit it a few more times, but it's rather inexact, so I'd recommend ignoring the guides here and actually putting points into processors to get you ops and creativity faster so you  afford upgrades quicker, though don't go above 30 processors.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-12-15 19:11:05 (edited by goran 2019-12-15 19:11:32)

for some reason the game seems to treat my browser as mobile, I get this message: The web version of this game was not designed to work on phones. And it gives me links to download IOS or android versions. Any help or thoughts would be great.

2019-12-15 22:16:47 (edited by zkline 2019-12-15 22:18:11)

Which browser are you using? If it's, say, Microsoft Edge you might have a really small browser window, which is not normally a thing we need to worry about, but I've seen this particular issue before. Try maximizing the window, with alt+space, and then X, and refreshing the page.

It's also worth noting that the iOS version of the game at least is very accessible, though not perfect, as Dark's problem with the quantum computing lights illustrates.

2019-12-15 22:24:40

What browser are you using? It seems fine on chrome.
I really should see about finishing the game myself, though this one really does get extremely difficult in places and possible to almost entirely bugger up if your not careful.

2019-12-16 14:39:20 (edited by goran 2019-12-16 14:40:01)

thanks, maximizing the window fixed it, and I'm using chrome.

My problem with muds and those incremental games is that I easily get destracted with new ones and forget my previous obcession tongue
I recently remembered this one and space company, and want to give both another go, hopefully till the end this time.

luckily there are guides and such to help avoiding those  mistakes that can soft  lock the game, although I'd rather try without them first.

2019-12-16 16:24:32

Universal paperclips is definitely at the harder end where incremental games are concerned, and as I said, I wasn't able to finish myself, though I probably ought to try it again, particularly because while you can repeat the game, Universal paperclips is less about the prestieging.

Space company is easier, and is a great deal of fun, though you still will need to strategize given the many resources and need to conserve energy.
The only thing that irritated me with space company is that you need dark matter for prestige bonuses, but can't earn dark matter until you've presteiged once, meaning that your second run is pretty much exactly the same as your first run and you won't get any further in the game, and since runs in Space company can be pretty long, this was a bit of a downer.
Then again, the strategy of working for different resources and structures  interesting enough to keep you going on it's own, meaning I probably ought to just grit my teeth and run through twice, then look at what is available later since I think the second phase of the game when you start exploring different star systems is quite different.

I will confess where incremental games are concerned I have been a trifled spoiled by trimps, since there the runs can be either very short or quite long, you can play more or less casually  the progressive aspect is fantastic.

2019-12-18 09:29:06 (edited by SLJ 2019-12-18 09:36:28)

Hi.
I'm playing the IOS version, and it is fully accessible. It seems like the game runs slower when the screen is locked.
Can someone explain how the processes works or what they do? I haven't figured that out yet. As previously mentioned, the chips compute or what's called is the only thing which I don't find accessible.
I'm very far in the game. I won't spoil anything, but for those who have came that far, machines and lots of new things will give you an idea about where I am.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-12-18 09:32:04

as for incremental... I love trimps. Period. Trimps has me hooked, and I have  a fork on my own server which improves accessibility in some areas, like adding aria button roles to map names for easier navigation on mac, fix checkboxes, etc.
Universal paperclips is also great. I never got around to finishing it, but it's a great game

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-12-18 20:31:21

@slj, if I remember rightly, processors determine the speed at which first your operations, then your creativity increase, however since you can only have so many processors up to your memory limit, your sort of liited in how many you have.

If you go to The universal paperclips wiki, you can find an explanation of mechanics, though I would recommend ignoring the wiki's advice on using quantom computing, and just limit yourself to buying 30 processors then waiting to build up enough trust to move on to the next stage.

quantum computing is sort of possible, by hitting the button and seeing if your memory is going up or down, and if they're going up, it it some more, however at most it's only a vague help to speed up waiting times whilst your waiting for enough operations/creativity, and unlike the strategy guides on the wiki, I'd not recommend relying on it too much to spee d up your upgrade speed, just invest your memory in 30 or so processors instead and then be patient.

hth.

Btw, it was at stage 3 I got stuck before stagee one and two I manged to finish, though they were difficult.

@ogomez92, Trimps is awesome, period, I love the game and am always playing, whether actively or just in the background letting my trimps smash a zone or two whilst I'm busy with other things.

If your playing the version at https://trimps.github.io/ScreenReader
You should have all the aria fixes. On the other hand, if you've added to the file, maybe contact Green satellite and have a chat about access. He's always open to suggestions and has made some amazing fixes, just check the changelong.
I've also been discussing with him what to do with the tower defence player spire game, though as my max zone thus far is 156 or so, it'll be a while until I get there.

2019-12-19 09:22:47

Thanks a lot @Dark. I'll check out the wiki.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen