1 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-10-11 01:03:44)

Edit: The issue was solved by using a bootable Windows 10 pen drive. Using this drive, I performed a system restore... and bam!

Hello All

So, my Windows 10 is really pitching a fit! This all started when I had to force shut down my Windows 10 machine using the power button, because of a total system hang. Then, I turned the machine back on. But NVDA did not come back to life. I tried turning on Narrator, and it wouldn't talk.
So I asked my dad to come and look at my screen. According to him, although the lock screen wall paper was there, even when I pressed keys on the keyboard, the log in box wouldn't appear.
I've tried ctrl alt del, I’ve tried rebooting, nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Noah

TGC

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."
Kevyn Aucoin

Thumbs up

Hi,
I noticed your edit. How did you solve the issue? Just curious.

Thumbs up

Hey.

How old is your laptop and can your dad access it? What i mean is can he click on boxes that you can't due to NVDA not working? If he can, ask him to do that and try to go from there. If not, I'd recommend taking it to a computer shop and asking them if they can fix it.

Click on the website link for a Dropbox link to my zipped Harry Potter fan fiction folder. it's 3.72 GB zipped and around 9.7 gigs unzipped. Each author has their stories in their own folders and the stories are all in plain text format, dot txt. Enjoy.

Thumbs up

Nobody hears me when I say
Don't, install, windows 10! smile smile smile

Thumbs up 0

Right Afrim, but an original windows 10 on my new laptop is good, but this installed by mine here on the old one i s crappy.
Well, I got this thing with nvda did not talk and after some seconds after booting upp you need onli to press enter, tipe your pin or what ever do you have here and press enter again.
I do not want to install here windows 7 or 8.1 again cause windows 10 is just fine onli for writing, reading and listening to music.
Listening to music or books, well, possible but my sound card is going bad.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up

How was the issue solved? lol Might be nice to know, just in case someone hits the same issue.

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
guards, skyrim

Thumbs up

afrim wrote:

Nobody hears me when I say
Don't, install, windows 10! smile smile smile

I would have taken your advice, but I didn't really have much of a choice.

TGC

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."
Kevyn Aucoin

Thumbs up

@The great carver, it's for that reason that I keep one of my computers on Windows 10. The reason is, the computer does not work well with any Windows version other than Windows 10.

Thumbs up