2017-10-08 15:04:52 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-10-11 02:03:44)

Edit: The issue was solved by using a bootable Windows 10 pen drive. Using this drive, I performed a system restore... and bam!

Hello All

So, my Windows 10 is really pitching a fit! This all started when I had to force shut down my Windows 10 machine using the power button, because of a total system hang. Then, I turned the machine back on. But NVDA did not come back to life. I tried turning on Narrator, and it wouldn't talk.
So I asked my dad to come and look at my screen. According to him, although the lock screen wall paper was there, even when I pressed keys on the keyboard, the log in box wouldn't appear.
I've tried ctrl alt del, I’ve tried rebooting, nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Noah

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-10-08 23:32:25

Hi,
I noticed your edit. How did you solve the issue? Just curious.

2017-10-09 06:28:55

Hey.

How old is your laptop and can your dad access it? What i mean is can he click on boxes that you can't due to NVDA not working? If he can, ask him to do that and try to go from there. If not, I'd recommend taking it to a computer shop and asking them if they can fix it.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-10-09 09:22:38

Nobody hears me when I say
Don't, install, windows 10! smile smile smile

2017-10-09 18:25:17

Right Afrim, but an original windows 10 on my new laptop is good, but this installed by mine here on the old one i s crappy.
Well, I got this thing with nvda did not talk and after some seconds after booting upp you need onli to press enter, tipe your pin or what ever do you have here and press enter again.
I do not want to install here windows 7 or 8.1 again cause windows 10 is just fine onli for writing, reading and listening to music.
Listening to music or books, well, possible but my sound card is going bad.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-10-09 18:38:28

How was the issue solved? lol Might be nice to know, just in case someone hits the same issue.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-10-11 02:00:08

afrim wrote:

Nobody hears me when I say
Don't, install, windows 10! smile smile smile

I would have taken your advice, but I didn't really have much of a choice.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-10-11 09:45:37

@The great carver, it's for that reason that I keep one of my computers on Windows 10. The reason is, the computer does not work well with any Windows version other than Windows 10.