2017-10-08 01:10:38

Hi Folks.

I recently purchased an Xbox1 a few months ago. Throughout my initial XBox journey, I set out to find a boxing game that would be playable by blind people, preferably with good in-game commentary. The only option I came upon was EASports UFC 2.

Looking at some posts on this forum, I was disappointed to discover that some of the folks here said that the title was inaccessible, due to Quick timed events for submissions and other things.

Well, after three months, I have been able to go into career mode, complete a career and win two titles in two weight classes and ultimately retire as "legend". I did this all with the help of NVDA OCR, controller vibrations, and in-game commentary, and lots of trial and error! Grin.

I would be happy to put together a sort of rough guide to UFC 2 if it is desired, including audio examples. Not sure what the best way to stream video is, but I could do that too if needed. I would cover the good bad and ugly regarding this game. Some stuff is not perfect, and it took me almost four months to get to where I am now. I would cover all crazy details.

I just wanted to put some feelers out there, in the wake of the great Madden 18 information that is out there, there is another EA title that has been enjoyed by a blind person. Perhaps those on this list already are aware of how to get the most out of this title, but if not, then I wanted to give back a little, since a lot of cool stuff is being shared regarding the Madden title.

Jeremy

2017-10-08 01:44:12

Hey, I wouldn't be opposed to a guide. I might even pick it up.

The guide may help Karen with future accessibility for this game.

2017-10-08 04:45:36

Hi.
Well if you are asking me, a guide would definatelly be a good idea. I always wanted to play the UFC games, and a guide would be perfect.
But urm, how do you use NVDA OCR on an xBox, did you hook it up to a computer or what did you do?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-08 05:08:38

Yeah I wouldn't be opposed to a guide either.

2017-10-08 05:35:55

You can use the Xbox app to stream your Xbox screen to the computer. I do the same with Madden on the PS4 with the Remote Play app. The downside to the remote play app is there's no way to put it in full screen to stream using OBS.

2017-10-08 05:45:03

Oh absolutely.  i'd love one.

2017-10-08 05:45:26

Great! Ok, I will start this weekend on the first few parts. I was thinking of creating the guide in a few MP3 files which would consist of me talking through some of the ways around some of the pitfalls, and talking about using controller vibrations to figure out what is happening. I am a far better talker than a writer, but I will also write out a little cheat sheet as well.
I would even take you through a fight or two. This would cover all options in career mode, as well as a bunch of the controller commands, which I could adapt also for PS as well as Xbox.

To the person who asked about hooking up the Xbox to the computer, it is actually really cool. If you have Windows 10, you can install the Xbox software on your windows 10 device. From there, you can run the Xbox software, and "stream" games to your computer. This is where the fun begins, because the latest NVDA has the Windows 10 OCR feature. By the way, I have tested this method with JAWS, since JAWS has OCR as well. For whatever reason, results are pretty much non-existent with JAWS, whereas with NVDA, I have gotten a lot of great results.

Jeremy

2017-10-08 14:14:41

Menus should be important. and, have you figured out how to do the training in career mode?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-10-08 19:11:39

Yes, I have figured out training, there is a bit of a trick to it. All that will be covered, along with menus, of course menus. Grin I am sitting down with some coffee, and will begin recording in a few minutes.

2017-10-08 20:07:11

Hi.
Wow, that sounds great buddy, would love to finally step into the octagon.
Will you do a demo of UFC 2 or the first one?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-08 21:58:18

Hi. It will be UFC 2. I am just about ready to start this thing. I needed to make sure that the recording not only captured my microphone, but the Xbox, and NVDA for a few OCR examples. Want to get the mix right so that I am not shouting over the sound of the Xbox. The first few parts should be uploaded later today. I am in the pacific time zone, so it is still really early afternoon here.

2017-10-09 05:07:03

I just uploaded the first mp3 file of the UFC 2 guide. I decided to make another thread containing all the parts, rather than placing each part in this thread. Link to new thread:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 14#p332614

2017-10-09 07:49:36

Hi.
Wow you are awesome. I have never tried this game, but it sounds very interesting, especially with the guides you're making. Keep up the fantastic job, and thank you so much for taking the time to make this...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen