2017-10-08 00:00:48

So by default, VLC player apparently doesn't play blue rays... but I haven't gotten the workaround to work. It's supposed to be just putting two extra files on your hdd, but that for some reason doesn't work for me right now. Does anyone have any alternatives, or, preferably, some way of getting VLC to cooperate?

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-08 02:29:33

I found something like that
https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/ … ovies.html
Hope that will work as I don't have the discs to test it on

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-10-08 08:56:15

Hmmm, this is odd, I thought the latest version of Vlc did! playbluerays, see release notes here

I was rather hoping it did, since I now have a blueray drive, and while the quality in picture difference doesn't matter to meit would be nice to borrow disks from my brother who has a lot of bluerays.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-08 16:08:05

Well, the keyword is experimental, and the key needed and the AACS library doesn't ship as is written. So you have to find them yourself and put them in the right directories... which I've tried with no luck. So unfortunately, I'm forced to rip the discs and play the converted files rather than being able to load the disc directly, which would be nice.

Discord: clemchowder633