Hi.
Well I've been using python for a while which I am enjoying. I tried using pyaudiogame, but the last time it was updated was two years ago and I couldn't get it to work anyway. I decided to take a look at bgt. I understand basic coding concepts like if statements, variables, and things like that. I think I could make the switch to bgt pretty easily, I'm just wondering is it worth it? I like the idea of using something that is made specifically to make audiogames. I know bgt is no longer updated, so I'm just a little hesitant to start using it. I know this will get a lot of different answers, but I like hearing different opinions, it helps me think.
Thanks.

Guitarman.
Playing music and coding, are kinds of real world magic.

Thumbs up

BGT is comparable to Python in terms of ease of building (easier, what with the lack of dependencies and the native .exe compiling). Javascript ... was in the same general boat as BGT, if weaker on audio, but it has mutated and browsers have mutated and the debug information is more of a pain to find and you need servers for everything and GAH!
So yeah, I like BGT because the less I have to download, install, setup, and type lang.package.resource_manager.get_resource().setup_other_resource(), the better.
But if you can make do with Python, your options expand greatly. BGT can be used for many things, but when you get down to it, it's the sort of toolkit you use if you want to make audio games, and just audio games. So I suppose the question is how much you're willing to put up with dependency scavenger hunts, and if you want to do more than just audio games.

Some of my games
Keep up to date by following @Jeqofire on twitter!
Ear Ninja?

Thumbs up

I also recomend bgt, for you. I also find python a little more like a thing in which you need to hunt for packages.
But the reason is, because btgt is made for audiogames only, and python is made for software, games and so on.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

Thumbs up

I'd go for C++. Sure, you've got to do dependency hunting -- but you've got to do that no matter what, it being inevitable and all that. And you get the most power with C++.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

sorry if i ask, but did you never try the audiogame-kit? lol i'm just curious to know  if some one used it.

Thumbs up

Hi Ethin.
I sent you a pm.

Guitarman.

Thumbs up

[ a-t ] post 5, i first need some soort of insperation to start working with audio-game-kit
I don't know why, but yeh.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

Thumbs up

@Guitarman, I replied to your PM.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

there no documentation for it
and its no longer supported

Thumbs up

@wiam-s, what's no longer supported?

Thumbs up

Hi.
@Post 9 what are you talking about? I assume your talkingabout pyaudiogame or agk? I think both are outdated or no longer supported. You have got to be more specific when you post something like that.

Guitarman.

Thumbs up

Agree with 11.

Thumbs up