2017-09-04 01:26:56

In ordr to accelerate properly, try pressing insert 3 first, then  hold the home key

2017-09-04 12:16:49

Or, there iis another option, switch to NVDA. smile

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-09-04 12:59:20

I'm not sure if this game is just too powerful for my pc, but it sometimes lags when I choose an option from the menu like free flying. Also, it seems to make my cpu run at a higher power or something, I can hear the computer hum getting slightly higher in pitch and more intence, is this normal? Or is my computer just crap.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-07 13:28:13 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2017-09-07 14:23:09)

Hi!
So I've been introduced to this flight simulator by a friend of mine I met on Skype. They even transferred me their profile so I could unlock all three categories at once. I noticed that there is no volume control or certain things that you can change so as not to get overwhelmed with all the background ambiance around you. Also, I don't know what kind of sound library was used, but I noticed that the sound quality of the audio was very low fidelity, and because of my hearing loss I sometimes have trouble hearing different radio communications. For instance, runways and taxiway letters are traditionally spelt as Charlie 2, or Delta niner. I was given clearance to take off, but I couldn't tell if they said C2, or D2. This is why it is extremely important that phonetic alphabets be used.
Since I'm also bilingual, I installed the Spanish pack, but I wish there was an option to switch between language packs, like selecting a list of installed languages.
Also, I think the simulator should include turning on all the avionics in a certain order, and then turning them off in the same order as well. You need to do several checklists before you board passengers, before you turn on the engines, before you taxi, and after you take off, and then there is the post-flight checklist as well.
Also, I am curious to know what would happen if you squawked 7500 which is the universal code for a hijacked aircraft. A squawk of 7600 is when you are unable to either talk to ATC, Tracon, or ARTC, that's air route traffic control.
Also, when I select an aircraft from the three categories, how do I select the originating airport? I can only select the destination airport, and there's no mention of this in the documentation. Could someone, or possibly me consider translating or correcting the English version so it makes more sense?
Finally, I noticed that when I select airports and stuff like that, the NVDA speech repeats it more than five or six times. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-07 14:19:08

Hi,
I don't get why someone would want to unlock everything at once, instead of doing the different task and having the satisfaction of doing  this by himself, but anyway, that's just my view.
About the volume change, it's completely wrong to say that you don't have any ajustments, since they're all included in the manual, and there are 4 types of volume you can ajust: Aircraft volume, Airport ambiance volume, Radio communications volume and another volume which I don't remember exactly what it is.
You can ajust those 4 volumes by pressing control or shift, followed by home, end, page up or page down, each of those four keys adjusting one of the volumes mentioned above.
Since the new features you wish, there's a new version on the way, and we just have to wait what  it'll bring to us.

2017-09-07 14:28:25

Hi Stefan,
I was actually clewless as to why this guy offered to transfer me his profile with my name in place. He didn't tell me, but when I read the manual about unlocking the categories, it sort of made sense.
Also, I read the keyboard shortcut manual, but it was a little hard for me to understand. For instance, what is sight? Does that mean radar or something like that? I've heard that mentioned from time to time. I'm looking forward to what the new updates will bring. One thing I wish you could turn down is weather.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-07 14:48:30

hi ctrl +shift + w is your friend for this.
regards

regards ***omid***

2017-09-09 15:01:43

hello there i am having a problem where when i move my nose a few deg with the up or down arrow it goes by two and it makes it a bit difficult to make fine adjustments.

2017-09-09 15:39:23

Hello,
Go into eurofly.ini which is located in the program files folder of the game, go to the end of the file, there is JoystickMode=1. Make it 0 and save the file.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-09-09 16:27:50

oh ok thanks for that will try that.  can't wait to see what the new version of this will bring.

2017-10-07 03:32:17

Hi guys, I lost mod for aircraft and audio from DJKW25, the link is not working anymore, please reupload it

2017-10-08 00:03:07

Yes, I'd like this as well.

2017-10-08 00:59:52

Hi.
At green gables, well, squawking 7500 or 7600 does actually nothing, that's well, to put the truth on the table, it's not really a simulator, more like an arcade style game. This doesnt mean the game is bad, just to advetise it as a flight simulation is just wrong.
Also your right, when the game was out for some weeks in english, I recorded a tower voice where I complyed with the FAA and ICEAO rules of ATC, for example I went with 1 2000 and not 12000 for example, but the tower voice wasn't taken because apparently the sound enginier had a problem with me using a realistic way of phrasing things. Well, not my problem.
I also don't understand why you constantly have to change the Squak code and not the frequency, why the tower always sets you to a different altitude, why I seam to be the only one in the airspace, and just these little things that make me, who is used to FSX flying scratch my head, just an example, putting your aircraft in reverse, gosh, pushback exists for a reason people.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-08 02:21:27

simba wrote:

Hi.
At green gables, well, squawking 7500 or 7600 does actually nothing, that's well, to put the truth on the table, it's not really a simulator, more like an arcade style game. This doesnt mean the game is bad, just to advetise it as a flight simulation is just wrong.
Also your right, when the game was out for some weeks in english, I recorded a tower voice where I complyed with the FAA and ICEAO rules of ATC, for example I went with 1 2000 and not 12000 for example, but the tower voice wasn't taken because apparently the sound enginier had a problem with me using a realistic way of phrasing things. Well, not my problem.
I also don't understand why you constantly have to change the Squak code and not the frequency, why the tower always sets you to a different altitude, why I seam to be the only one in the airspace, and just these little things that make me, who is used to FSX flying scratch my head, just an example, putting your aircraft in reverse, gosh, pushback exists for a reason people.
Greetings Moritz.

Completely agree with Simba here. While I'll be interested in the new version, I recently had to reformat, which meant losing everything related to FSX. Its your Plane is gone at the moment, due to Robert selling his house. His associate said that Robert plans to get everything back up and running for those of us who bought the product, and the product will stay as is. I wish that Eurofly would remove aircraft that aren't in service, such as the ambaseter aircraft. Also, planes like Cessnas do actually have an autopilot, so the first 10 missions and GA aircraft like that should have some kind of GPS and autopilot, maybe a cat2 perhaps.

While I saw the email and enjoy the fact that there will be checklists, or at least, tasks to do before takeoff, cruising altitude is not a thing in this game. Each task/mission should be the equivilent of a flightplan, with a cruising altitude that won't just flucuate randomly when you get to it. If there were actual AI planes in this game flying with you, ATC should direct them, which is what actually happens, rather than you changing altitudes every few minutes due to the fact that an immaginary plane may be in front or behind you, and if you don't execute the tower's instructions a random crash event will occur.

Also, if we're talking about making this into something as realistic as possible in the future, we need to add specific behaviors for aircraft types. E.G. Cessna Skyhawk only has one engine, so hitting PGup once will start it's only engine.

While I like the idea of going to a site and finding a page with real time information of flights and the like, a further expansion to the online features is a mode that's always online where we can text chat, and basically do our tasks and pass each other and fly around while doing so. Basically, other players could be the traffic in the skies. The rules for something like Vatsim is insane. They have pilots, controllers/towers and even observers on that network. Without Its your Plane, the small number of blind people who were pilots and controllers on Vatsim are no more.

2017-10-08 03:58:22

Well, I was liking this game at first, then my purist side kicked in and I got very disappointed very quickly. As mentioned above, there are these issues. I don't like games that do the whole, let's kill you just because, so the unrealistic crashes thing because you didn't change altitude is more than a bit ridiculous. Also, while smaller planes could be towed by hand, others need tugs, and larger ones need pushbacks. Yep boys, let's put our plane in reverse and back it out of the hangar!!! Yeah that annoyed me. The engine thing too, because as stated previously, not all planes have 2.

Also we should be using whatever flight rules exist in the country we're flying in. Codes change, transition altitude changes, etc. The game could be really good, but needs more work with a strong emphasis on realism. I don't want some other arcade type game, and when I saw flight simulator, yeah that got my hopes up, then dashed quickly.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-08 04:54:35

Hi.
Also, little glitsh for you guys. When you land, don't slow down your plane and constantly hit K. When you get in between 0 and 100, just press b for the parking breaks and your plane instandly stopps. Then, release the parking break, power the engines a bit and instandly stop the plane again buy hitting the page down key, and you have a perfect landing.
No more slowing down and backing up ones more if you overshot the landing erria.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-08 06:14:34

@simba
Yeah, I've been doing that trick for as long as I can remember lol it makes things quicker and easier for sure. Passengers probably don't apreciate it so much though, or at least they shouldn't. That's something I wish could be added, more interaction with passengers, but what we have is pretty amazing already, very geographically informitive.

2017-10-08 13:14:50 (edited by DjkW25 2017-10-08 13:16:51)

hi.
firstly I have sent my sounds to orin and he says he will put them on his website so they have a permanent place.
I agree with everything that has been said, I both like and dislike eurofly at the same time. I have big periods where I don't play it at all because I dislike it's lack of realism so I use fsx. I know that it would be difficult to make an accurate simulation of a plane just through audio and a keyboard, but I was hoping for something more when I first got eurofly. Maybe that was wrong of me and I was expecting too much. Every so often now I go back to eurofly and enjoy the fun of flying a plane manually and change a couple of sounds, but then I get board again. I go back to fsx but i'm hoping the new version will at least be something new. I guess I owe a lot to eurofly, it was what got me into flight simming and showed me it was possible.. The new version will be interesting and I will definitely take a serious look at how far eurofly has come.

2017-10-08 15:34:09

I do like the atlas feature of it. I wish there was was an independant desktop app that did the same thing and you could walk about, but then when you got to a city or something you wanted to look at in greater detail, you could like zoom in an and walk each street. That'd be bad ass for learning the geography of a place.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-14 15:16:22

ironcross32 wrote:

I do like the atlas feature of it. I wish there was was an independant desktop app that did the same thing and you could walk about, but then when you got to a city or something you wanted to look at in greater detail, you could like zoom in an and walk each street. That'd be bad ass for learning the geography of a place.

Lol, now you got me into thinking  the game turning into some sort of real life simulation, where you can drive around the city, fly around the world, and perhaps just go hang out anywhere in the map apart from flying planes.

2017-10-19 18:26:55

Hello guys!
I was playing using sapi, but when I select a destination, nothing is said. With NVDA working, but since I think I'm going to play for wine, I have to use sapi.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2017-11-29 00:17:46

I hope for new version there amazing sound and all like mainstream game FSX
smile

I'M COMING! (James Potter)

2017-11-29 05:01:44

Hai, When update release?
I so waiting that..
big_smile

I'M COMING! (James Potter)

2017-11-29 05:21:59

the disheartening answer to your question is: never ...
It was a project that showed promise but devs didn't want to listen to the community to create realism and instead they added over 3000 airports over several months and now they have disappeared completely off the radar.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-29 07:12:45

I heard that beta 2.0 has been out and has more realistic