2017-09-28 21:39:49

Regarding talking menus and other talking items/text in windows 10 or steam version, hopefully both.  Would the TOLK screen reader library perhaps be helpful?  The fighting game skullgirls uses it.  Link is here:
https://github.com/dkager/tolk
Thanks

2017-09-29 00:25:01

Tolk would definitely work for the steam version. Maybe even the native windows version as well, but you already have the text to speech api open so there'd be no need, unless you decided to incorporate speech options, otherwise narrator will do the job.

2017-09-29 11:54:49

Tolk would have to be implemented by the developers, as would Speech Synthesis API, though SSA is only available on Xbox one consoles and it'd be great to have parity as much as possible for accessibility.  Narrator is not involved in either of these.

I understand what you're on about though.

For any new players looking to try the game, my first suggestion is to use a controller.  Secondly though, use your DPad.  Analogue sticks do more harm than good in learning a fighting game, from my experience.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-09-29 18:26:50 (edited by assault_freak 2017-09-29 22:32:24)

Learning with the analogue stick isn't a wrong approach.. it's all about preference, especially for people who may be thinking about using an arcade stick in the future. Remember that fighting games were designed with stick use in mind, not DPad... that's not me being bias, that's just fact. Fighting games were built in arcades first... and this is coming from someone who uses the DPad exclusively. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-02 17:34:56

Well, until I can get the music/HUD stuff figured out, I won't be enjoying this oh so greatly playable game any time soon. Really, what's a new player gotta do to get help? lol. Just a little frustrated.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-10-02 17:51:02

@30
I thought my instructions were relatively clear, I included them in a previous post.  I'll happily look at giving you additional assistance with it if you want though.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-03 22:39:53

How can I get additional assistance? I followed it all, but I get lost somewhere in the menus. Maybe it's changed since the instructions?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-10-04 19:58:06

Where do you get lost?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-05 20:48:14

I get lost in the fight menu, the single player menu, and especially the settings menu where the performance test is.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me