2017-09-21 03:32:17 (edited by Guitarman 2017-09-22 04:06:33)

Hello!
Well this month has some very nice text games, some old, some very new! First is alter aeon which is getting some nice updates including updates to crafting and new areas. There are some new level 37 areas and also some new areas for beginners. Check out the alter aeon September updates topic right here . To play just point your favorite mudclient toward alteraeon.com port- 3010.
Materia Magica is also getting a fresh update and you can read that topic right here . And try out materiamagica at materiamagica.com port- 23 or port 4000 and your client should do the rest.
The next is a very new release called the allure of wanton cove. This game is a mixture of things, it is a post-apocalyptic, text-adventure, detective story. This is definitely an adult game, not for children NoNo! Make sure your at a mature age before you get into this. This game is on patreon, so it has both paid and free versions. The link to the paid version of this game is right here . And the link to the free version is here .

Now we have so new audio not text games! The first is a new title from the longtime developer l-works. It is called blinded guide, and it is a game where you have to guide blinded bob through his dangerous neighborhood. There are many obstacles around to avoid so see if you can get the high score! Get the game here and discuss the game here .
Then we have a very new game that is meant to be played by blind and sighted players alike similar to terraformers . It is called lost and hound where you play the role of a rescue dog and navigate by sound cues in the game or visuals if you're sighted. You can use the keyboard or the mouse if you like. The game is for windows and the 32-bit version can be found here and the 64-bit version here .
Well that's all for now, happy gaming!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-09-21 13:48:04

great post!  This was your first one as well, was it not? big_smile 
although you might want to give a heads up about the adult nature of wanton cove just in case. smile

2017-09-21 18:57:33

I believe that the links for Lost and hound does not work.
I clicked on both versions and I got the 404 page can't be found message.

2017-09-22 04:13:43

Hi.
@DanC yes this was my first news post! Thank you I edited the part about wanton cove, thanks for the suggestion.
@Psycho, I clicked the link for lost and hound and it works just fine. Try going to this link . Try downloading it directly and see if that works.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2017-09-23 17:35:05

Hi Guitarman.

I've been rather busy myself with moving house, and then for the last few days getting a virus, so I've been hoping someone would write up some news as my games playing time and energy have been limited.
Thumbs up for letting people know what's going on and providing information about old and new games.
For next time you might also consider providing links to the relevant topics, especially in cases like wanton cove where the developer has made their own comments about the game.
but in general great job and thanks again.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-25 21:55:46

hi. i think naming a game lost and hound is totally wrong. why name a game like that? couldn't you of thought of a better name? for that is coppyright for why would you take words and put them in to games. ok blinded guide is good for i've downloaded that for l-works is cool. but i think you should change lost and hound to something else. for even if you don't change it someone eventually is going to class that name as totally wrong and have it delt with. so if i were you i'd change it to be on the safe side.

2017-09-25 23:29:44

Hi Jericroda.
Well I don't understand why you think that name is wrong for the game. But remember I didn't name it, I'm just letting people know about the game, the developer is the one who named it, if it bothers you, you should ask him why he named it that.
Personally, I like the name, I think it's a great pun!

Guitarman.

2017-09-26 12:17:28

I agree with guitarman here, and since apparently you play as a rescue dog in the game and it's your job to find people, lost and hound seems like the right name to me.
btw jericroda, you might consider adding some punctuation to your posts, like commas and fullstops.

Since when you write sentences without any punctuation and they just rattle on and on with no breaks like this and you read them with a screen reader it is more difficult to hear what is being said as the words all come at you like a rush  it is harder for people to get the point of what you are saying.

Hope this makes sense.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-26 12:45:04

well i think the developer shold of considdered before naming the game. i'm sure the game might sound fun, but giving it a name like that is totally wrong. but i think that if the developer won't rename it, i think someone else aught to do it.

2017-09-28 07:38:58 (edited by ashaman 2017-09-28 07:39:43)

Guitarman wrote:

Hi.
@DanC yes this was my first news post! Thank you I edited the part about wanton cove, thanks for the suggestion.

Its always very important to clearly indicate that a game is NSFW when posting it to a non-adult site.  wink

Guitarman wrote:

The next is a very new release called the allure of wanton cove. This game is a mixture of things, it is a post-apocalyptic, text-adventure, detective story. This is definitely an adult game, not for children NoNo! Make sure your at a mature age before you get into this. This game is on patreon, so it has both paid and free versions. The link to the paid version of this game is right here . And the link to the free version is here .

Thank you for posting about the game, I really appreciate it!  Its really nice seeing the game reach a new audience, and its been amazing seeing the warm response the game has received on this site.

While the game is new to this site, this has actually been a work in progress for about three years now.  Until this year, production on it was fairly slow as I was trying to make a living around my time spent writing, this last December I finally pulled the trigger and opened a Patreon page as kind of a tip jar for the game.  (Since I started it out as a free game, I decided it wouldn't be right to charge people for early access or anything like that, so instead I added a cheat menu to the game for people who found it in their heart to pledge something.  Rest assured, the only difference between the free version and the pledge version is the Cheat Menu, so you're not missing out on anything by playing the free version.)  Since then, I've been able to start investing myself into writing full time on it, and I try to make a new release every 2-3 weeks.  In the last ten months, the game has grown from less than 100k words, to a little over 280k, so there's plenty of content to explore for people who enjoy to read.

I hope that those of you who give the game a chance enjoy it!

2017-09-29 10:52:31

lol ashaman! awesome stuff there. and quite frankly i think guitarman if i were you, if ever there is ever a game with a rather uncomftable title don't advertise it. if the developer sends out a good name then yeah! sure advertise! but lost and hound is clearly not acceptable. and if anyone else doesn't no that then that's odd for why the hell would someone turn on a blind person like that and name a game like that though? seriously though even i'd send out an email to get it all sorted out. i'll check my junk folder and inbox incaise i get a reply.

2017-09-29 15:06:22

I am pretty sure you can't copyright titles. If you could, look how many books have the same title, I've come across several in the past week, and I'm sure they would have been dealt with.

thanks,
Michael

2017-09-30 00:40:32

there most probably haven't had coppyright information, but as there's barely anything inteesting going on people are just doing anything to try annd make things fun. but instead of fun it's going towards ccoppyright material so most stuff is coppyright even though people don't realise. if people did, then they'd be able to get round it.

2017-09-30 00:40:55

Hi Jericroda.
First of all, I am a news moderator, I am supposed to advertise new games, as you put it. People have, including me, already told you that it's not a big deal to name the game lost and hound. I don't understand why you find the title so offensive, I haven't heard of anyone on here complain about it like you have. You really need to let this go, if it bothers you rename the game on your computer, or just don't play it at all. I can't change your opinion, and I'm done talking about this, so like I said just let it go. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but you continue to bring up something that is really not a big deal, and I'm tired of repeating myself.

Guitarman.

2017-09-30 12:24:47

aw guitarman dude! lol ok i no i've not got it on my computer but aw man i no i'm a bit of an odd person but that's just me. people have been rejecting me from online games so i've found it hard to play on online games with people for i've for some odd reason kept beeing rejected. don't no if it's somethingi'm doing or if people don't like people who just can't work out things. well mate ok sorry abut the lost and hound thing but i will try it out. damn i no this has caused loads of immense problem wich i didn't want it to do, but as you clearly state what are you doing, don't think just shoot! why the hell didn't i make note of that i'llnever no. ok, lost ad hound, hear i come!

2017-09-30 22:05:38

Hi Jericroda.
I think you misunderstood my post. It's nothing against you personally, and your not causing problems. I don't want you to feel like this forum is rejecting you. We're very welcoming here. Anyway if you just try lost and hound I think you would enjoy it. Like I said I can't change your opinion about the title, but I hope you'll reconsider after trying the game.
I'm glad you like my signature, it's from the first metal gear solid game, where they have a huge shootout in the corridor. I liked that part so much I just took Snake's order to his partner and made it into a signature.

Guitarman.

2017-09-30 23:22:26

lol yeah! i like metal gear sollid it's cool. and materiamagica is cool it's unusual but cool i'd recommend that to anyone who want's something different, and i like though's games from aprone. so if anyone want's to just do some damage and scare people head for swamp, and of course play lost and hound! although i don't no if aprone did that one but i no he did swamp. i wish i could make games then i'd at least feel like i'm useful and would be recommended for anyone's projects.