2017-09-23 13:03:20

Ok ok. I talked about it before but seems I have to say this all again. First of all, Sam allowed ivan to use his code on TK:
From Ivan Soto, Sam Tupy: So, you can now use the code you have from me in, and only in, TK. Keep in mind that this does not make me feel good about it. But, it's the most mature thing to do. So yeah, we're good now. Just don't go using my code anyware else, and don't go giving it out. 8/9/2017 4:23:30 PM420 of 675, sent on Friday, September 22, 2017 2:02:18 PM
So. No stolen codes from here since he has sam's grant and permission. No no i'm not ivan's friend that i'm saying this all. I'm just someone who had seen these and wants to put an end to such topics.
But here we go. Last things I said in other topics: There's a game named "just cause" which might be a clone of GTA "In your opinians though" With tuns of cool features that gta doesn't have.
Or another famous game called "mafia" It's a game, very, very similler to GTA. Where you steel other's cars, kill people, go shoping or rob markets and shops.................The diffrents between gta and mafia is that gta is based on gangstr people, while MAFIA is based on mafia families and the war between them. And BTW, MAFIA has a game play of around 1970, or maybe before or after that time, I generally mean it has a game play of the old times, With old cars which is really cool and blind people can try this. Try getting "mafia II or mafia2" as I tryed this version. Although version 3 is also available but I haven't tryed this one.
So. We better don't stick the clone flag to a game always. A game might be similler to another game but a clone means taking a code from another game, and don't make any changes(Or big changes) and releasing it to the comunity. Like it's not true if we say because there's an AK47 in call of duty so another game which is about wars between two(or more) diffrent groups and has the "AK47 gun" In it so that game is a clone of call of duty.
The killer has some features that redspot doesn't have, While redspot has some other features that TK doesn't have them. There are tuns, tuns and tuns of this sort of similler games in the mainstream comunity. But do they complain always? Na! they don't!

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-09-23 17:32:18

And it's not like ideas are patented or anything oft he sort. Code belongs to you, plain and simple. But, as has been said in the chat log *thanks kianoosh* Ivan and Sam made an agreement, so no code was stolen. With that said and done, I believe the original topic at hand here was personal relationships between admins and users, which quite frankly doesn't have much to do with stolen code unless we're talking handing the code over to a trusted friend vs giving grief to others who aren't their friends.

2017-09-23 17:45:51

@guise
I don't know why you only stick to one point, that tk is based on source code from sam. It's ok, it's leagul, Sam allowed it, the end. But, I, my self, don't think that it's a good game that's based of an other game, leagul or not. but, Ivan has menny other falts. for example, there is this thing about having menny friends in his community, and just don't giving a shit about other players.
finally something that maybe drove me to writing this topic was his thing when he said on the website that the game is totally payed, telling in the  topic that it isn't, and after someone coppy paste the website in a post, think that it was brail0109, and the game is still payed, no, it';s not the problem that it's payed, it's the problem that he basicly lied to 2 players of his.
as for trying to compare this to mainstream forums,
it's not that easy. because there are only 20000 people, while on mainstream forums there are about 1 milion, even more. so, there will be more who cause drama, more topics with drama, and posts containing drama.
That meens that this forum is quite peaceful comparing to other forums out there.and, Ivan is not the only man on this god forsaken world who's made a clone. menny companies, well, Linux is actually a clone of unix, and Linux meens Linux is not unix.  but I am going off topic, see you guise.
Kind regards
Aleksandar

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-09-23 18:24:27

More users does not equal more drama... and definitely not the type mentioned here.
I don't know why you only stick to one point, that tk is based on source code from sam. It's ok, it's leagul, Sam allowed it, the end. But, I, my self, don't think that it's a good game that's based of an other game, leagul or not. but, Ivan has menny other falts. for example, there is this thing about having menny friends in his community, and just don't giving a shit about other players.

On mainstream gaming forums, you would never see a post like this... because the community is too big and any accusation of this nature would be laughed at. Not to mention that thank God, no people, including developers, are stupid enough to post chat logs of what they've said to other people... and I agree with post 26 about games. The word clone gets thrown around here all too freely... and the accusations that one game stole from another.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-23 20:46:02

hello
i will complete what kianoosh said and then the topic will be completed because no reason will be available to continue this:
1. redspot, swamp, etc use sound effects which other people had recorded them, look at sfxKit, and such other sound effects libraries, you'll see what i say
2. these are all excuses, because if you have problem with a game, at the end you won't play it, will you?
3. the other problem: is it related to you that a game is paid or not? if you want, you will buy it, otherwise you won't
4. everyone can find out that this is your or someone else's personal problem with ivan, maybe he banned you or something that you made this topic. this could be shown with your post after kianoosh's post
first you said that he has stolen redspot's source code, then when kianoosh showed that evidance, you said that he is a lier
now, is it related to you, or other people here that ivan is a lier or not? if he is, don't play his game as you might be scammed or something else
5. another thing: as far as i know and can tell you, ivan uses my net library in his game, so this can be an evidant that this is not the clone of redspot
i'm not harsh, but i have to explane everything in a way that forces this harsh topic about someone to be stopped
this community is not the place for doing these, as we all know
another thing that makes you laugh:
android is a clone, because it uses linux kernel, and it has borrowed something from IOS

2017-09-23 22:16:22 (edited by defender 2017-09-24 15:16:52)

Guitarman, it's cool that you were trying to help the mods, but honestly that usually just makes things worse and can redirect anger on to you, since we can't tell what your thinking.
Maybe you could try sending them a forum message to see if they know about the thread?
Then again if everyone does that, it ends up Swamping them, so if I were you I'd just trust that they are paying attention to such a big thread, unless something really obviously against the rules happens and nothing gets done about it for days.
It's good that you reviewed the thread again though to understand it better, I wish everyone did that, and sorry for sounding harsh, I've seen people say the kind of thing you did before and it usually is because they are a mod wanabee that can't make it onto the team, and not because they are actually trying to be useful. tongue

Assault Freak, When you put it like that about chat logs and devs calling out other devs directly, than yeah, I see your point.
But if you replace Sam with Ubisoft and Ivon with Valve, and the hole preference thing with preference for high paying players, or server admins that discriminate based on skill and are willing to give high level player's items for free, then, you end up with something more common, that tons and tons of people would, and do, get behind.
And sorry if I offended you with the hole walled in community comment, I just couldn't see how this kind of stuff wouldn't be prevalent, in which ever form, pretty much everywhere you go, and I know that some places like I said, are really chill do to strict mods and rules or just the kind of people that tend to enjoy that niche are generally more layed back.
As to the four topics being allot, remember that I'm talking about over the span of a month or two here, that's a pretty long time, but yes, I see your logic about how this crap can come back onto the forum, and I don't want that, but this still hasn't reached the  level of uproar that the original UP clones caused.
Still, that's kind of the responsibility that you take on when your in charge of a free speech oriented space for discussion.

Slender, Kianoosh, and visualstudio. The matter is, like you guys said, technically solved, but it's still a slap in the face that this even happened, and frankly it reflects badly on the entire community.
Yes Sam did eventually allow Ivon to use the code, but only after he had already stolen it, and it was only to rid him self of the issue. That doesn't magically erase the history though.
Now that Ivon is actually charging for a game that is still, at it's core, a stolen mess of UP and Redspot code with yes, many copied sounds and mirrored concepts with slight cosmetic changes, and I admit, a few new ones, it feels as though Sam and Mason should really be getting most of the profits.
Now I do get that this wouldn't be such an in the open kind of thing in the mainstream community, but you have to understand, the same exact things would be happening, but behind closed doors, via intellectual property, espionage, and proprietary data law suits.
The problem is that I'm pretty sure neither party in this is a registered business, and even if Sam is, I'm almost certain that Ivon isn't, so none of that applies, aside from some toothless general data laws.
Plus, their both kids, so that would be extreme anyway, but look at how often companies like Microsoft and Soni, Apple and Samsung are at each other's throats.
I know that this community is much, much smaller, but this still happens in the Indi gaming space, but it's ugly and neither publisher wants to deal with it publicly, plus, the outcome is rarely satisfactory for anyone.
That's why I partially sympathize with the point of view that this shouldn't be made into a circus, but I also don't like the idea of people getting away with continued sleezbaggery, as it often ends up hurting both the original creator, and the community's trust and reputation.
Just look at how many people are scared to share code now, mainly because of this incident.
And yes I did just use the word sleezbaggery, and I'm proud of it! :-D

As for copied sounds, I agree that most of them are just stolen from the people who did most of the actual work anyway, so it's more of a tacky, no effort sort of thing, which is still a point against who ever does it.
Plus you never really no when their stolen and when their not, so if they aren't, and someone tries to protect them, say with an encrypted pack file, and someone else goes and breaks that encryption, than because the original party protected them to a reasonable degree, now the second party is the one held legally responsible. Or at least that's my understanding of it... :s

If TK ends up being something more some day and Ivon shapes up, than I think it could be a worthwhile game, similar to the paths that many mainstream games that were mentioned here took, and for those who just simply enjoy it now, I have nothing against them, this hasn't got anything to do with the players for the most part. I just hope you're willing to accept the potential consequences for sticking your neck out on this purchase.

Haha, literally just saw this pop up 5 minutes ago.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/22/1634 … milarities

2017-09-23 23:32:08

owe, why forgod's sake have I created this topic? I know that I sound stupid, but I should have never expected that.
@kianoosh, slender, visualstudio
all that defender said, and I have said all reddy about 100000 times. it's not the point is it leagul or not, it's, as defender had said, point in the game. if you want to see what I meen, try to make a clone of, let's say ultrapower with out any copied sounds, no source code and you have to make it enjoyable. in short, it's a hard work, from writing the actual game, to recording all new sounds. and let's say that someone has got to the source code, let's just for fun say that it was some futuristic technology. anyway he, someone, gets the source code, gets the sounds, does some changes, changes the name, how would you fiel then? something on witch you have worked for months, months, even years has bin taken by someone and he made something else from it for only a few weeks. no, I haven't gon froo that before. I am trying to code something up, but I haven't yet even got the exacutable,  and sounds are of the leest quality. and, if I imagine my self in such a position like sam, mason and any other who's got his code stolen, I can understand everything, and even understand why copyright laws are so strict.
Sam had, said something similar in an other topic, but I want reference anything, because I don't want any referencing.
@Guise, I am sorry for everything, please forget me, and If I need to I will delete this topic.
Kind regards.
Aleksandar

2017-09-23 23:45:51

urney, a dear friend of Ivan, heard from his own mouth. he's bout to defend his little ivan. ROFLFLFLFLFLF. good one! oh man!  slender, I think you happen to have missed the point. similar functionality is one thing, copying functions from a game who's code you use as the base, and incorpirating it just like the big brother, is quite another. frankly, I don't care if a game is stolen, or cloned, as long as I like it. the TK started in the former, and landed in the latter. it's funny that this topic has seen sunlight, when I made mine, people hated me for it, and I deleted it, for the sakes of peace. that, too, was completely taken off the original, highlighted point, just like this one. never mind, though, I'm hated everywhere. post 3, can't recall your user name, indeed. I'm watching the show, it can be a good one and that. now let's go to ivan's friends.  if you want admin rights, be ivan's friend. going around under the user name of  unofficial admin, only to spam players with mistles, filling up the server with motion bombs, and time bombs, with most games, would get you banned. but because he's ivan's friend, he's good. but, if you use antibiotics, or just have coins, you're automatically a cheater. this same dude accused me. fun times, they were. then when I dared him to ask ivan, he backed off. yes, you pretty much embarrassed yourself. so obviously, you have good reasons of defending him, you want your freedom. so, go go go. as for the paying system, I was one of the few ones who have seen it, or at least certainly, mentioned it. I was also the one who posted his time bomb message, I was also the one who pasted it from his release notes, and I  was also the one who pasted his original web site. and honestly, I'm proud of it. I'm known for my factual lectures, and revealing lies, and bullshit, so those of you who know me, will have expected me to do it. not to mention the entertainment side of it. I mean, I get way too easily amused. PS. redspot, in actual fact, had the remote time bombs a day before. and this is coming from someone, who hates the community of RS, and so refuses to play it. no reason to defend, in other words. nowadays, there is absolutely no FPS. that's worth playing. the TK was the first, that I liked, ever since RTR. it took 5 years, to make something worth while, then 2 months to destroy that. as for STW, urney does play it, but he ended up raging, after he lost like 2 or so DFC. I was online at the time. too bad he's not on my trust list, so I couldn't watch him losing them, but it would have been a hell of an entertainment. it was still entertaining, even just hearing it. I also played BTB, and all that, and I'll say it again, I don't have an issue with cloning. oh yeah, removing and replacing developers? apparently, colton lost his admin rights, or so I'm told, because he told people to not ober abuse the server with bombs, and shit? just wow. inconsistent admins, inconsistent developers, unreliable choices, new features we don't agree with.  and once more, I don't care if something is cloned, as long as it's well made.
oh, I don't care for sounds being copied, either, we all have to start somewhere, then change them as we go along,. and speaking of that, don't bring that up big gun, else ivan will change it all, and that, we will have no evidence of. smile
if only I knew programming, would join the FPS competition.

2017-09-24 00:22:55 (edited by sito 2017-09-24 00:30:03)

ok ok. so. there are some valid points here about this comunity that assault and defender wrote before me.
however. i must point out again that ivan is not cloning the game. by that i mean using sounds etc. that's totaly fine since even sam has sounds in stw from swamp and mush z.
however. what ivan is doing is difrent. what he's doing is that he's using the stolen redspot sorce that he took from sam after hacking his computer to make tk. he then made it payed without asking sam for permition to do so. and when he realised that people were bitching about it he then begun to talk to sam.
and another thing guys. ivan said, right after he hacked sam, that he deleted the code that he took, by that he deleted it from all his harddrives/backups.
that, is a lie though.
so tell me, if someone makes a game based of someone elses code, that he doesn't have permition to use. when he told the dev of the code that he actually doesn't have the code anymore. then makes the game, which is based of the code that he was supposed to not have in the first plase, and even so after he got it from sam's pc, claims that he deleted it, after that, trying to make the game that's using the code that he in no ways has permition to use payed. doesn't sam have the right to actually express his opinion here on the matter? when clearly ivan doesn't want to solve it privately and keeps lying about it?
and what completely pisses me off is the mods way of dealing with things. stop with this bullshit with warnings over and over and over. the mods has the proof right there from multiple sorces that can confirm it. chat logs etc.
isn't it time now that ivan gets banned?
why should even someone develop and post their work on the forum if there are no garantees that if someone steals their sorce and then makes a new game that he posts up on the forum, which also goes payed without the owner's permition. shouldn't that game be deleted. and the user be instantly banned after one warning and not 2 or 3 or 4 warnings?
and that's, people, why i don't bother checking the forum anymore. because the administration of this plase totally sucks balls when it comes to tolerating code stealing and similar shit.

2017-09-24 00:32:38

sito, do you remember when ivan claimed that sam hacked him, and deleted the topic 4 hours later? did we ever find out the truth to that one? been a few months back...

2017-09-24 01:02:07

umm, i'm not sure about that one since as i said. i don't really keep up to date with the forum anymore. i do however saw the topic but was in a hurry at that time so didn't  have time to sit down and read it all

2017-09-24 02:09:15

Hi Defender.
Thanks for being understanding, I gave you a thumbs-up.
As far as the killer, people seem to be going back and forth as to whether code was borrowed or stolen or what. But being an amateur programmer myself, I hate software piracy! I can't comment on the killer or redspot because I know nothing about either one. However if the code was stolen and used to make a clone I find that really disturbing. I can't understand why people have to hack and steel from other people instead of being creative and writing their own code. Really with hard work and patience you can create some nice stuff without hacking or steeling.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-09-24 06:04:31

"But if you replace Sam with Ubisoft and Ivon with Valve, and the hole preference thing with preference for high paying players, or server admins that discriminate based on skill and are willing to give high level player's items for free, then, you end up with something more common, that tons and tons of people would, and do, get behind."

The only thing that comes up like this that I can think of is DLC, where players who buy items beforehand instead of unlocking them with grinding have a temporary advantage. But neither of those companies have a preference for high paying players, at least not in the games I know... so I'm curious what you mean. Pay to Win is a concept that is unpopular in any gaming circle, and big companies know that and will not make that a thing, because every game that has has been slammed into the ground. And as to admins... big multiplayer online games don't have server admins who kick people. The only admins are the people who host games... and they don't work for ubisoft or valve, they are just average gamers. Public servers hosted by said companies don't have admins that give advantage to their friends or special items to only those they like.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-24 12:00:04 (edited by BigGun 2017-09-24 12:16:39)

@39
that all meens the developers jujment and is he trusty. if the dev is trusty to anyone, anyone can go there and do ask goodness knows what.
but, if he knows who to trust and who to not, then you cant find some things more often. I cant now say in percent how mutch of the sited game making community and of the blind community have good or bad jujment, but, more people, more better ones.
@the_grait_carver
I have red it, and know what you meen. I will quote my own most that is right after it. so here it comes.

BigGun wrote:

@300
agree with you, but I want to add something.
he made menny friends in that way, if they payed im, he regarded them more. it would be ok if he haven't started to give them free items, beta items, and allowing them to use bugs. I am not yet shure did he just don't notice it or is he just to trusty in them so that he allows them to do what ever they want.
And no, I wasn't banned, I wasn't even kicked from that game, nor receive any punishment. it's that he didn't give a shit about other players, and thos who payed had his fool regard.
absolutely all I have to say.
he had gon to farr, and it's not the shame to make a free game a payed one, even more I have seen some projects going like that because of munney and stuf. but to ly to 2 people, even maybe more that the game is free while it's actually payed, then when someone turned you inside out, you quickly change that, and in the next pach you removed the registration from left to right. now, you aren't going to give them refunds? well, will see who plays that game any more, or even any games of yours.
I wasn't that mutch in the audio gaming community when there was that uproar about ultrapower but I have red some old topics and seen what had happend.
So good luck,
Kind regards
Aleksandar

@ernie and comments about him
I haven't heard about this stw thing, wish I have watched it. Really, would be rorring with laphter, and maybe shoot him with a sticky laser by mistake. big_smile big_smile
but really, going everywhere as unofitial admin and having morals like one is just, unsupportable he wunts, actually it was the last time that I was, and ever will be, on tk. he destroyed his own shelter, witch was in one hand our own, just because I have bid then canceled my bid on his own auction. there should be a rule so that  the nickname cant contain developer, moderator, administrator, etc. unofitial admin is in one of those categories, and he should at leest be banned accept if he doesn't change his nickname. And, as I have all reddy said, he's only protecting Ivan, just because he's the best on there, and on redspot he isn't, and he's now only hanging on tk.
and, he's one of the persons that are his friends, I didn't want to reference him because, I don't want references.
I will also like say this, regarding ernies comments
@guise, learn to be objective. I meen look from the point of view of the outsider, not sam's mason's or any others friend on here.
that would only go strate to the personal insults, and that point of view wouldn't be logical.
but, I was talking to mutch. sorry for desterbin you guise.
Kind regards, with my sticky laser big_smile
Aleksandar

2017-09-24 13:49:39

in quote reply...
Big Gun wrote:
@ernie and comments about him
I haven't heard about this stw thing, wish I have watched it. Really, would be rorring with laphter, and maybe shoot him with a sticky laser by mistake. big_smile big_smile. if I know which device I would be on, I'd even paste it for you.
but really, going everywhere as unofitial admin and having morals like one is just, unsupportable he wunts, actually it was the last time that I was, and ever will be, on tk. he destroyed his own shelter, witch was in one hand our own, just because I have bid then canceled my bid on his own auction. there should be a rule so that  the nickname cant contain developer, moderator, administrator, etc. unofitial admin is in one of those categories, and he should at leest be banned accept if he doesn't change his nickname.
banning may be a bit too far, but at least a warning, then ban. but who am I kidding? his Ivan's friend, so he'll never be banned. and still, going around as unofficial admin not only shows a lot about the person, but it only asks for trouble. and those people sure don't, and never will impress me. just cranks me up laughing on the sort of person he is. told you I'm easily entertained... as for destroying the shelter, well, depends on the situation, but if I get the chance, I, too, will destroy.

And, as I have all reddy said, he's only protecting Ivan, just because he's the best on there, and on redspot he isn't, and he's now only hanging on tk. before anything, I don't know how to put this out, without offending anyone, so I'll just put it straight out. regarding him being the best on the killer, that's so not true. unless you count motion bombs, time bombs, and mistles a way of fighting. the truth is, the guy doesn't like close wars. his aiming was pretty bad last I tried, and I told him to fight like a man, but he refused. while I could take him on, and have done so with a tank, as soon as you fire, he uses antibiotics. in other words, no point. when he found out I had antibiotics, and had 45000 health, I got 3 or 4 mistles, and a bunch of motion bombs, 3 or 4  times, even. then laughed at me, thinking he did something so impressive. I'm sorry, but I can call that more of a cowered way of playing, rather than the best. in fact, he's done this before as well. while you fire, he'll throw time bombs in your direction, then jump. and no, this is not cheating, I'm sure we've all done it at one point or another. but, that's far, far, far, from being the best. it's like throwing bericade bombs on redspot, and say that you're the best.
I, along with a few others, we used to be pretty good players. I could kill pretty much anyone, without using those stupid darts, but those times are gone.

and, he's one of the persons that are his friends, I didn't want to reference him because, I don't want references.  trouble is, though, reference and evidence. you cannot disagree with what are facts, which is why I support both reference, and evidence.

2017-09-24 14:06:03

@brail0109
yeah, I didn't think about it there.
But, imagine if Sam adds missiles in rs? then someone like ernie would just fire them at hi level players, and if they take about 10000 health, he would kill him with about 10 guided missiles. and he did it by only paying loads of koins to get them. yeah, really, really good way of fighting! smile
and no, none of those people even effect me. Even the real admins witch only go around with that stupid title of there's don't inppress me, to. If you are going to be a good admin, then don't be like a mister  very respected king. no, nobody says that admins shouldn't have authorities comparing to other players, but no one shouldn't go to farr in expressing his power. maybe an example of this is an admin on redspot called god, who isn't, as farr as I know, a god but I am getting off topic.
about references, troof is, this is not a cortroom because, we cant proov anything in the cortroom, because Ivan changes things every day, and as I have all reddy said, nor Ivan, nor anyone else, exist to the copyright world. And, I don't want to point to rong examples or to recall on old topics, because, well, because they are old and that's the end of that.

kind regards,
Aleksandar

2017-09-24 14:14:38

that's most likely why Sam hasn't added them. they would simply be over abused. I still wonder where the guy got his coins, although I'm apparently a cheater with 70000 coins. I lost all my shit, and Ivan gave me coins rather than the stuff. so I only buy what and when I need. guess he got jealous of that. ah well, am sure he'll survive.  as for an admin, a good, a real, admin, is someone's who's there when you need them. someone who doesn't remind you that they are an admin, and someone who blends in the crowd, and only uses their admin powers, if and when, necessary.`

2017-09-24 15:24:12

braille0109 wrote:

that's most likely why Sam hasn't added them. they would simply be over abused. I still wonder where the guy got his coins, although I'm apparently a cheater with 70000 coins. I lost all my shit, and Ivan gave me coins rather than the stuff. so I only buy what and when I need. guess he got jealous of that. ah well, am sure he'll survive.  as for an admin, a good, a real, admin, is someone's who's there when you need them. someone who doesn't remind you that they are an admin, and someone who blends in the crowd, and only uses their admin powers, if and when, necessary.`

Admins can give coins, and any other item they want to give, to other people. I've seen this first hand, back when I actually liked and played TK. One of the admins, Quinton, demonstrated this to me on TeamTalk back in spring of this year, and even gave me some coins. This may be the reason why people have so many coins and items!

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-09-24 16:45:28 (edited by kianoosh 2017-09-24 16:50:33)

sito yes. Of course that's a li because the first time I played TK. I said to myself, I bet ivan got redspot's sourcecode. And i didn't know anything about what he did. That was just my thought.
at big gun:
Yes. I agree that hurts sooo much when someone uses your code and they don't give you credits. It happened to myself as well. Maybe some of you can remember someone cloned my lucky cop without changing anything and even he made bugs and released it. I didn't know laugh or be angry at him! Never mind that's ended a very long time ago. And about the sounds. Like sito said, sam tupy has took his sound effects from swomp and mush-z. At least some of them are from those games. So he has to accept if someone could get his sounds, They'll use them in their games like what he did himself. Although the sound packs he took the sounds from were not encrypted but he encrypts his own sounds maybe because he knew if he wouldn't, do that someone will do the same to himself. This happens with all of the blind developers or at least most of them. The only developer that I've seen he hasn't used other's sounds so far is Aaron baker. But how ever, some people here got his games sounds and never mind because this might make another flamewar.
and again at big gun. Dude! wheather ivan is lied or he didn't, You can't do anything about it. If he wants to continue the killer's development he will and he don't care anyone so don't make yourself board. Although i know there's no excuse for him that he used redspot's code and maybe sam tupy gave him permission just because he couldn't do anything about this, But that is the trueth. That we guys cannot do anything about his development. He also got his own players so with us or without us, The killer can be stay alive if ivan wants. Don't think wrong, I don't favoritism ivan. Just i don't want to see these topics in the forum. Like visual studio said, If you don't like a game, Don't play it. As said many, many times before and no one listened lol. Maybe some of you say if you also don't like a topic, simply don't read it but the thing is this is not the first time or the second time we have these flamewars. These stuff need to be gong.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-09-24 17:29:40

I personally think Ivan should be banned from here, as to limit his options when it comes to advertising his stolen products and all the drama surrounding it. I showed some sighted friends this topic and they thought it was hilarious.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-09-24 17:45:50 (edited by Amine 2017-09-24 17:48:49)

@kianoosh
actually most of the sounds sam uses, if not all are from sound libraries he bought. And there are sounds aaron used are from those libraries, including foot steps and ambs.
and yes I sau how erny was acting on tk, I am just gonna say this much. @braille, thums up to all your posts.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-24 18:19:58

@lord_london
point is, that moderators doesn't have a rule do they allow clones or not. it may be put in the rule no piracy, steeling etc but I am not shure. BTB was removed because Mason asked mods to remove it, witch was kind of stupid, then  by that same logic anyone can say, hey he cloned that and that and that and just removed a competitor. I didn't know how mutch did they investigaite in that case with ultrapower but as farr as I know they didn't have any proof that it was an up clone, but, it was obviase, I meen similar mechanics, similar items, even it releaced something from up every day, and this was some proof.
Even in that case, he shouldn't be given a perminant ban, maybe be banned so that he cant post in the new releaces room, or something like that. and anyway none of this eve nis taken into a count, because Sam allowed that source code to be used and there is a stop to that.
@last_poster
yeah everyone uses the same libraries, spetially for footstep sounds, like in absolutely every readme they thank someone like NSStudioes or I think that I have seen kianoosh's name in one of them, etc. so, they are asking from the same source, they got the same thing. How ever I am not that mutch focusing footstep sounds because those are very difficult to record.
and, by the way I have now removed all traces of the game from my computer. so... Expect that this is the end to all this.

2017-09-24 18:31:21

i'm happy that i'm not the only one who thinks that ivan should be banned.
it's as simple as this. if the mods started taking care of one thing as reguarding code stealing/clone posting. they should as wel put in a rule that clowning and code stealing isn't allowed. then the bann hammer for ivan and this plase will become drama free for the most part

2017-09-24 20:43:28

@48 and 49:

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, but.....

1. You can't copyright ideas, that's a part of law, you cannot claim to own an idea, else if that was the case no audiogames would be made since whoever made it first would just enforce that copyright and only allow a few select friends to make audiogames.

2. Asfar as the cloning thing......just because a game has similar mechanics does not mean it is a clone. I mean in the AA industry there's a lot of similar games coming out, does that mean Battlefield is a CoD clone because they are FPS games that have the same guns and multiplayer modes? Oh no EA should recall Battlefield and never make anoher game according to that logic. I don't agree with cloning....to a point. However if I take....say...your code and improve on it and turn it into something else, that is a whole other game.

Legally speaking as well that wouldn't be considered a clone as I'd have put enough work into it to show people it's a whole other game, and honestly if you take the argument that any game with similar mechanics is a clone, you can wave goodbye to most audiogames as they all use similar sound mechanics. Does that mean they are all clones of each other? No, it doesn't

That argument is just as  hollow as the idea that two games with similar mechanics are clones. A clone is an exact copy. A game that's built on another's code but is improved on and made different is its own different thing.

That being said, in clear cut cases where there's airtight proof the code's stolen, banhammer away as far as I'm concerned, other than that....let people build games on whatever codebase they want and let them put their own flavor on games.

3. If such a rule was aded in I feel it'd slow down releases and have a paranoid environment with a mob mentality of fans of one developer going around spreading rumors and tattling on similar games to remove competition, you see it all the time on Youtube, two creators get into a fight and the fanbases are at war. Now imagine that, say, Ivan makes a game, and Sam's players start posting bullshit about Ivan stealing stuff from Sam, or from Aprone, or whever else just to stir up trouble. It's too much trouble I feel to be worth it, especially since human nature being what it is, that will happen with petty people. Worse is if a developer...and yeah this happens a lot in gaming, tells their fans on Twiter or whatever to go report a game for X reason, and thousands of people go flag a game or a video, basically using their fans as a weapon.

That's why I'm not in favor of the rule. See point 2, last part...

My 0.02

Oh and one more thing...I think honestly we need more developers not less, a fear of being stigmatized/witch unted for just making a game even if you got no clue about this forum may well cause a ripple effect for wannabe developers who may well scrap their projects out of fear of a mob mentality.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-09-24 21:11:37

my issue is not weather tk is cloned or not. because yes, drako. there are many mainstream games out there that are clones.
my issue is however.  that ivan used code that he took from sam without permition to make a game which he then makes payed. add to it that he's a lier based on what he have said and done.

and about copperight. everything at least that you make in US goes under the coperight law, just look at anyaudio.net and you'll see there that sam has put copperight on his content. so i have to respectfully disagree with that