2017-09-22 23:27:05

I'm not sure if that is Sam's VPS or the computer he used when he originally compiled the game. It's not as strange as it seems. Other people have reported similar errors like yours.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-23 01:12:10 (edited by Amine 2017-09-23 01:12:53)

It's just a bgt run time error that happens if you drop the item in your inv botom and then when you hit right or left arrow, the client thinks that you still wanna draw that item while it doesn't exist anymore, and bam.^. And yes, that folder is on sam's computer, the client is compiled as bug so that's why it shows all of that.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-23 04:03:54

Thanks guys for the explinations.
smile

2017-09-26 05:47:14

Hey!
Just wanted to chime in to ask how the game is going. I recently stopped playing because of some changes I personally did not like, but I hope people still enjoy this game as I did!
So whats up. Many people online still? Any cool new features? Stuff like that.
That was all!

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2017-09-28 04:29:24

Ok I went to run STW as admin as usual, and I get this message that the file has a virus or some such nonsense. Well, The Stw.exe file is now missing from where it was installed to, the default location as it happens. Should I assume windows defender or some other windows program snatched it? If so... what to do?
I'd appreciate any help as this has never happened on any of my PC's before. Thanks!

2017-09-28 08:40:10

add the stw folder to exclusions, mason has wrote an article about it in the articles room. Also guys, being hot doesn't increase your hunger right now so i guess it'll be a little easier to survive in hot weather than it was before.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-28 13:01:07

Thanks for the pointer to the article. But my problem is, I don't have an "actions needed" button in my system tray.
Is there another work around for excluding folders from Windows defender? Also, once I excluded the STW folder, will the Stw.exe file come back?
Thanks for the help man. Sorry to be a pain.
smile

2017-09-28 14:28:27

Hello,
I was able to achieve this by using the Classic start menu in Windows 10. I simply typed Defender and it brought up the Windows Defender Security Centre.
Hope this helps.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-28 17:44:49 (edited by Amine 2017-09-28 17:46:04)

you can do that with any start menu on windows 10, just type defender. I guess it's the same case on 7, though not sure how to add it to exclusions on that one. Forgot you could say? But yeah if you have windows ten you just press windows I, updates and security, windows defender, open windows defender security center and you do what mason's post said from there. Either that or you do it the lazy way, not the eazy way but the lazy way, type defender in the start menu or cortana's search box. And no it won't come back, you gotta reinstall stw.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-29 20:29:23

Thanks for the help guys, I have the folder excluded, in fact, I excluded my entire programs files, both of them. lol
But as far as a re-install, do I need to uninstall the current STw on my PC? Or can I just overwrite it. Don't wanna screw things up even worse here. Thanks again!
smile

2017-09-30 09:54:26

you can overwrite it, nothing will happen.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-30 13:08:14

Thanks man, that's just what I did, and now I'm back up and running. raa!
big_smile

2017-10-01 19:13:07

Hello!
I am glad that you made improvements to the temperature Feature.
Just, can you also resemble those in a new MOTD?
If someone who paused playing because of the temperature Thing and sometimes Comes online to check if anything has changed in the MOTD, he will find nothing new now.
That's why I think a MOTD in which this improvement is stated would be good.
Otherwise, I love the game!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-10-01 20:44:49

Hey everyone. I just had a go at this game. It seems like it'd be great, but I keep getting this login problem. It keeps saying there was an error logging in make sure information is correct then try again. I go into options and enter the log in info under set account, and it says success, but I still can't log in. I've created a few new characters, but this keeps happening. Any advice? Thanks.

2017-10-02 08:01:52 (edited by Amine 2017-10-02 08:03:57)

@Last poster
Your account name must be longer than 5 characters, and when you start playing, open your survival pack. If you want to have an account with less than 3 chars you gotta pay for it, else your char will get deleted if an admin kills spam characters.
@Juliantheaudiogamer
there is nothing worth putting in the motd for now, so why do it?

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-10-02 10:36:16

Thanks amine.

2017-10-02 11:48:54

What's with the you have to stop a second to cool off thing? I think it's killed me twice. I was asleep in a pond in the middle of the night, and it was still saying you have to stop a second to cool off. I appreciate the game is trying to be realistic, but dying from over-heating while fishing in a pond, fully hydrated after having spent the night asleep in water...

2017-10-03 16:43:45

hi. that won't happen if you ware appropriate clothing. and you can press w key to check weather if you are cold or hot. . for instance, You are apreciating a nice cool brese. you are 0% dirty, and 100% wet. and you can use ice to temporarily cool you down. you can also use paper fan if you don't have ice. to make a paper fan, combine paper with paper and you are good to go. hope this helps.

2017-10-03 21:15:40

I have no idea if this is true, but the mainland seems hotter than a lot of other areas. Just my 2cents...

2017-10-03 23:29:21 (edited by flackers 2017-10-03 23:30:18)

thanks for the tips. I've just started so I have no clothes other than the rags I started with. I'll try the fan, and look for some clothes. I've only been to the camp ground and the weedy forrest but there didn't seem to be much there worth the trip apart from the metal. I can't go into the mountains because of newbie flag. I've just made a boat so I'm going for a paddle after I stock up on food and water. After finding the game quite frustrating to begin with because of having to stop all the time, I'm really getting into it now. It's fantastic.

2017-10-04 08:18:34

Despite adding the whole game folder to exclusion list I got the stw.exe file deleted by Windows Defender today. Are there no ways that can be done to the game itself so that it won't be flag as a virus?

2017-10-04 21:54:12

This game's really addictive but the constant stopping to restore energy is starting to make it a bit of a drag for me. I've just died again and the thought of starting from scratch for the fourth or fifth time is not a pleasant one. I spent all day paddling to the fishing village getting things from the gift shop and stuff, then paddling back. It was really arduous what with running out of energy every few minutes, then having to wait many times as long for it to be restored. Then within five minutes of being back on the mainland I got killed by a mad bear. I couldn't do anything. The game wouldn't let me move. All that effort down the drain and there was nothing I could do. I can't imagine what that must be like if you've been playing the game for months and have completed loads of quests and acquired all kinds of stuff. I'm going to keep playing of course, I just wish the energy wouldn't run out so fast.

2017-10-05 18:03:07 (edited by Saman 2017-10-05 18:08:35)

hi. I have a question. Amine wrote

=If you want to have an account with less than 3 chars you gotta pay for it, else your char will get deleted if an admin kills spam characters.

what's the advantages of  purchasing  a charname with less than three characters?

2017-10-06 02:02:06

can anyone tell me how to find out how to spell a quest name? there are a few I've tried to enter but it just says this quest does not exist. Also, I accepted the cave entrance quest and went to the entrance of the confusing caves, I even went in, but the quest didn't complete, any idea why? thanks.

2017-10-06 08:06:25

flackers wrote:

can anyone tell me how to find out how to spell a quest name? there are a few I've tried to enter but it just says this quest does not exist. Also, I accepted the cave entrance quest and went to the entrance of the confusing caves, I even went in, but the quest didn't complete, any idea why? thanks.

You can copy the text output and paste it in a text editor to check how it's spelled. If the default f12 key is unable to copy the quests, you can use the NVDA plugin which does exactly the same. I think it's called copy clipboard or something like this. A really great plugin...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen