2017-09-22 01:03:44

Madden Manual Part 12 (including for completeness, and this concludes the manual)
@HEADER LIMITED 90-DAY WARRANTY

NOTE: Warranty does not apply to digital download products.
Electronic Arts Limited Warranty Electronic Arts warrants to the original purchaser of this product that the recording medium on which the software program(s) are recorded (the “Recording Medium”) is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase. If the Recording Medium is found to be defective within 90 days from the date of purchase, Electronic Arts agrees to replace the Recording Medium free of charge upon receipt of the Recording Medium at its service center, postage paid, with proof of purchase. This warranty is limited to the Recording Medium containing the software program that was originally provided by Electronic Arts. This warranty shall not be applicable and shall be void if, in the judgment of Electronic Arts, the defect has arisen through abuse, mistreatment or neglect. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, whether oral or written, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and no other representation of any nature shall be binding on or obligate Electronic Arts. If any such warranties are incapable of exclusion, then such warranties applicable to this product, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the 90day period described above. In no event will Electronic Arts be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from possession, use or malfunction of this Electronic Arts product, including damage to property, and to the extent permitted by law, damages for personal injury, even if Electronic Arts has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow limitation as to how long an implied warranty lasts and/or exclusions or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations and/or exclusion of liability may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, the Electronic Arts’ liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law. This warranty gives you specific rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state.

Returns Within the 90-Day Warranty Period
Please return the product along with (1) a copy of the original sales receipt showing the date of purchase, (2) a brief description of the difficulty you are experiencing, and (3) your name, address and phone number to the address below and Electronic Arts will mail a replacement Recording Medium to you. If the product was damaged through misuse or accident, this 90-day warranty is rendered void and you will need to follow the instructions for returns after the 90-day warranty period. We strongly recommend that you send your products using a traceable delivery method. Electronic Arts is not responsible for products not in  its possession.

EA Warranty Information
If the defect in the Recording Medium resulted from abuse, mistreatment or neglect, or if the Recording Medium is found to be defective after 90 days from the date of purchase, choose one of the following options to receive our replacement instructions: Online Warranty Information: http://warrantyinfo.ea.com EA Warranty Mailing Address: Electronic Arts Customer Warranty, 7700 W Parmer Lane, Building C, Austin, TX  78729-8101

Notice
Electronic Arts reserves the right to make improvements in the product described in this manual at anytime and without notice.

@HEADER NEED HELP?

MADDEN NFL 18  CONTACT INFORMATION
Online: easports.com/madden-nfl
Twitter: twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL
Facebook: facebook.com/EASportsMaddenNFL

The EA Worldwide Customer Experience team is here to ensure you get the most out of your game—anytime, anywhere.
Online Support & Contact Info: For FAQs, help articles, and to contact us, please visit help.ea.com.
Twitter & Facebook Support: Need a quick tip? Reach out on Twitter to @askeasupport or post on facebook.com/askeasupport.

2017-09-22 01:05:28 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-09-22 01:11:30)

So... that's the entire madden manual in pure text format with headers and sub-headers denoted for browsing purposes.

As for the key combinations, I've never used most of them. I'll give a summary of how I play, including the upcoming rumbles, soon. Most of the complicated stuff in the manual can be ignored.

Let me know if you want more details on any area in the manual - it's useful info for prioritization.

2017-09-22 05:00:30

Yes, thank you for the info.  Even though I didn't play the game before I was aware of how deep the controls could be from hearing, and watching other people play,  but it's good for people who might've thought the controls for the game were simple to see  that they could get pretty deep.  Even if some of those more advanced controls require  vision.  Thanks again, and look forward to the rest of the guide.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2017-09-22 06:05:09

@ darrell   I hope you read this, because you gave me a good laugh today.   I caught up with your videos, and the one that gave me the laugh was the home screen navigation specially at the end.   Your discuss for rap music was priceless.  Lol  and this is coming from a rap/hip-hop fan.  Even though I most likely won't like the songs in the game, because I'm not a fan of the  commercial rap that's out now. I'm sure that's what they most likely used on the game.
I know  your aware  that  rap/hip-hop is part of football.   I just wish they would choose a better collection of songs for their soundtrack.   I'll most likely be using the instrumental mode as well, or play my own music.  Thanks for the videos, and take care.

"One Love"

2017-09-22 07:38:25

Wow. Thanks for the manual. You can just paste the whole manual in one post if you wants to.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-22 19:06:20

Hey, Karen.
Thanks for the manual.
I was wondering when will you be uploading it to EA's site?

2017-09-22 19:36:37

Everything I'm writing will eventually be uploaded to an EA site. I'm posting here to get early feedback and to get it into your hands as quickly as possible.

2017-09-22 20:33:35

I am still having trouble with the kicking for a extra point and field goal kick.
I watched the video that Darrel did a few times.
However in the video he said that when you don't feel your controller ruble then you are aim correctly.
However when I move the left stick around it rumble.
So how can I aim at the goal post?

2017-09-23 01:25:51

Hello,
Karren, this is great stuff, thanks for your awesome work.
Jason, Yes, I had fun doing the music section of the introduction video.  WHile I understand that there are some wrap fans out there, the stuff being placed on video games, well,  the video tells you.
Finally, for the person who asked about kicking,  sometimes your controler will vibrate if your not ligned up. Sometimes it will vibrate a little if there are windy conditions. Aiming is sort of hit and miss. You have to move either left or right, depending on what hash mark you are at. THe left hash,  you move it right, and the right hash you move it left. SOmetimes the announcers don't tell you whare you are, so it's guess work. I think that sort of information should be consistant, such information  like, HOw toe offense is lining up, how the defense is lining up, also what adjustments the other side makes.  I know a lot of it is visual, but having audio feedback would be super helpful.
I hope my explanation of the kicking system helped, and if you have anymore questions, I will try my best to explain it.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-09-23 01:55:53

Hey, Adolis.
Thanks so very much for your help that you have been giving me.
You do a great job on the videos.
I do agree that there needs to be some audio feedback when it comes to things going on the field.

2017-09-23 02:13:06

I'll submit an email to Karren,  and you guys should submit emails too. THe more emails, the faster things can get done.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-09-23 02:23:17

@cyco I'd be very interested in what audio feedback you are referring to. I'm hearing impaired, so can't really follow the videos. Suggestions are very welcome.

2017-09-23 02:40:57

Yes, trust me as a hip-hop fan is  getting more difficult   to defend was being played on the radio.*Laughs*
I just got a hold of a copy of the game from my nephew, so i'll play with it tonight, and give some feedback tomorrow.

"One Love"

2017-09-24 02:25:27

Hey, Karen.
Here is what I am talking about when I mention audio feedback.
The commentary needs to focus more on what is happening on the field.
Such as what down it is and how many more feet to the first down.
Also it could mention more of the play that is happening.
I have notice that the commentary is talking about other things when I am making a play so I don't know if I complete the play or not.
Understand that I am not trying to complaining about the game because I love the game.
However it just needs these things added.
Once again thanks for all the hard work that you are doing.

2017-09-24 04:47:47

Finally played my first franchise game. It was a preseason game, because I set it up that way. I figured preseason could be my practice. It didn't go bad, I got to interceptions, one fumble recovery, and about five sacks  in the  defensive side of things. The sack were from knowing it was a running play and barreling down on the quarterback, interceptions was knowing it was a passing play and by luck more than anything I'm sure of was moving in the right direction and hitting that interception button. Now offense  was fine once I memorize the list of passing, and running plays then it was just a matter of picking the right play for the right situation, and knowing the game definitely helped out. I did get a couple  of pushing off penalties,  and one was on a touchdown pass. I think that was because I was pushing on the  stick a little too much, or too soon before the catch. Kick off's, and punts were what they were, because without the feedback from the meters is a guessing game.  Similar with extra points, and field-goal attempts. I missed them all, but I did get the rumble when moving The stick on the field goal, but not the extra point. Enjoyed the game, and will wait until the update is release with the accessibility additions before I make a overall opinion. I can't wait for that update, and really, really can't wait until we get talking menus. Which I hope comes sometime in the future. Even if it's not for this year's game.   Thanks to Karin, Darrell, and special, special thanks to Amber.

"One Love"

2017-09-25 03:23:43

I know I said I was going to wait on till the update was released to come back with overall thoughts, but  after playing a bit more I had a few more things to add. Please don't take any of what I say next as putting the game down or trying to discourage people from playing it,  because I enjoyed playing, and will definitely pick it up. At the same time is good to be realistic, and know what we are dealing with. I'm also sure a lot of you guys know this already. After playing the game the way we would play it, as well as having somebody with sight play it. I believe we only get to experience between five, and 10% of what the gameplay has to offer,  and that's because of all the options both on offense, and defense that the game actually provides. And that's being generous, because if we take the game as a whole that percentage drops. Now like I said I would still pick the game up,  because there are ways to increase that percentage, if you put in the time as well as hopefully have someone to give you a hand. The main thing like I mentioned in my previous post would be talking menus, and I know we won't get those this year,  but I'm sure the Xbox one will be the first to have those. Besides that the things that will help will be the upcoming update, having someone help you learn the menus,  Using the practice mode of the game with the person to learn the menus as well as practicing the kicking part,  and last but not lease learning as much as you can about the game of football. That last one is important, because it would help you with decision-making when you have the Clock going. That's all for now, because I forgot what  Else I had to say.*Smiles* my next post will be about some things I noticed during my recent gameplay.

"One Love"

2017-09-25 05:07:53

A few things from my recent gameplay experience.
1. Knowing remaining game clock time. This is important especially at the end of the half, and the game,  because you may be having a good drive, and be in field-goal range,  but still have time for a few more plays. To try and get that touchdown. Especially if you get a first down. This is critical at this point. A possible solution would be to have a combination of button presses that force the announcer to say remaining game clock time.   And this maybe  already possible, so if that's the case please let me know.
2. So easy to go out of bounds. A lot of times I got the ball and didn't run as far as I could've. I was informed by the person who was watching me play that this was because I ran out of bounds even though I had a wide open space in front of me. Possible solution would be to have an accessibility feature where you get a rumble when you're nearing the out of bounds  area. That way you could correct your running direction.
3. Too many offense penalties.   Now this happen mainly when I picked my own passing plays. Never when I chose coach suggestion. It happened on a few nice plays. that I had, including a touchdown pass. I have to look in to this one more, because I don't believe it was the player who caught the ball who had the penalty,  but didn't get much information from the announcers,   So I'll get back with anything that I find out. If anyone has the same experience please let me know.
that's it for now, good night  to all.

"One Love"

2017-09-25 05:40:13

What button do I press to call a audible on both defense and offense?
On defense what is the A button for?

2017-09-25 06:38:13

My question here is: Are the menus spoken, and is the accessibility only available in a certain mode? Is there a guide to the features somewhere?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-09-25 15:07:58

Hi,
I've been meaning to write an email about my EA experiences for a while, but life keeps happening.
I am so, so excited to get this.
I'm a complete newbie to American football, having only watched a couple of games.  to say this looks daunting is an understatement. big_smile
thank you so much Karen for everything you do.

2017-09-25 23:23:47

I was wondering if anyone else realize that if you set the skill level in the main settings then it is set across the board in all modes.
I know that it is set in franchise and play now mode.
If you set the clock setting in the main settings then it will also be set for play now.
Let me know if anyone else notice this.

2017-09-26 01:49:04

Could someone please explain to me the nature of the accessibility features? Does the XBOX One edition allow narrator to be used in menus, or is there self-voicing? How does the running mechanic work with this new way to play, and does the accessibility carry over into all versions, such as the G.O.A.T. edition?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-09-26 03:22:47

Hey, ea_accessible.
I would like to suggest a little fix for the next update.
Since you can set the quarter length and play clock in the main settings.
Can you get it added to the update that once you set these things in the main settings it will be set the same in franchise mode?
Then everyone would not have to reset up the quarter length and play clock in franchise.
Thanks again for all the hard work that you are doing.

2017-09-26 17:07:45

Here's an aspect of people are saying narrator this and narrator that for the menus, but is the xbox even powerful enough to run narrator and a game at the same time? I sort of doubt it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-09-26 18:04:49

@274
As much as people are using the term "narrator", what they are actually refering to, as I've said in at least one prior post, is Microsoft's Speech Synthesis API.  This, when used as part of an Xbox One game, can work with labels put in place by developers in a similar manner to Tolk, allowing for spoken menus and "narrated in-game UI elements".  What this really means (i.e. how far the scope of this extends), currently noone really knows, but only because developers haven't upgraded their technology to work with it yet.  That's not to say developers aren't aware, they just haven't got around to integrating everything.

Hopefully though, in the near future, one title will pick it up and it'll get noticed.  Once that happens, we'll see where that goes.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***