2017-09-21 08:52:17

Hi everione!

Can someone tell me that the Alien Attack dat files that are stored in sounds, how can decrypt to playable sounds?

Regarts,
Bryan

2017-09-21 13:23:28

You can't, and please stop asking about decrypting .dat files because as far as I can tell, they were not encrypted for no reason, and if the dev wanted to let the files publicly available then he would have done so.
Regards!

2017-09-21 17:01:48

You actually can. If you had enough computer cycles and gpu power to bruteforce the encryption password you could do that. However this is time-consuming and expensive. alternatively, you could decompile the source code and you might might might, get luck and find they decryption string in the resulting dumb. but also very difficult and even the most skilled hackers struggle with even some of the most basic disassembling jobs.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2017-09-22 08:49:40

Hi.
Strange that the sounds are encrypted on a game that was abandoned 7 years ago. I guess NsStudios planned to do some more work on it and then didn't. You can try decrypting them but that's a lot of trouble just to have some sounds in your collection. I can't help you personally because I know nothing about the game accept what I've heard over the years on this and the bgt forum.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-09-25 22:38:57

What game is this anyway, never heard of it. Can somebody post a link to it or to a page i can get it from? Kinda sounds interesting.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-26 09:00:44

This is too old, never got finished and never had a playing goal, just survive as much as you want, there's nothing that can kill you unless you kill yourself on purpose either by drowning or by destroying yourself along with the whole place with an atomic/nuclear bomb tongue
http://www.nsstudiosweb.com/downloads/a … 0beta2.exe