2017-09-18 15:58:46

Hi folks,

Well, because we now have a pretty good bot protection system, can we please reenable signatures? Thanks.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-09-18 21:09:11

Yeh, these were verry amazing.
I wanted to make one, but when I went to my profile they disapeared.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-09-19 10:22:13

Your wish is my  command, signatures have now returned!

enjoy.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-19 14:09:41

Oh. Signatures are back. Thanks, Dark. I always did enjoy reading these.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-09-19 18:27:07

I set my signature up, please read it hahaha!

2017-09-19 20:10:33

Seeing this makes me very happy that I have displaying signatures turned off in my settings.

2017-09-19 22:24:29

Orko wrote:

Seeing this makes me very happy that I have displaying signatures turned off in my settings.

Hay, at least the board has a setting for not seeing them if you don't wish, verses the admins just shutting them all down for all of us.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-09-20 12:37:32

good that signatures are back, read myen please!

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-09-20 12:50:28

They were shut down because spambots were using them to post spammy links and such. Now we have a stricter registration  they can come back.

I will admit I do have signature display turned off myself since I need to read so much on the board each day it's a bit too long winded to read them all the time, though  I do occasionally go and check a member's profile to see what their sig is for interest's sake.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-20 21:58:27

I changed it, now is abit longer, but better.

2017-10-06 19:15:06

How did you make that registration system, is it a PunBB extension? I have, or had a forum of my own, but I don't see anywhere to enable that.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-10-07 00:41:59

My primary dislike of signatures comes from people using them to advertise themselves or their products. There are already too many advertisements without having to find one after most messages.

Besides that, even if it isn't used for advertising, after you've seen a person's signature a couple of times, constantly seeing it after every one of their messages just gets annoying. So now one of the first things I do after registering on a new forum is to go into settings and turn off displaying signatures and avatars, and if the forum doesn't offer the ability to turn them off, I leave and never return.

2017-10-07 13:14:51

It's not an extention, it's to do with setting certain group permissions. It's not an ideal system since at the moment the only people who can! authorize members are myself, Richard and Sander, i.e the forum administrators, but it's a lot better than being flooded with lots of spam, and things were getting rather out of hand there.

As to Orko's comment about forums, I pretty much do the same, though as I said I do sometimes look at people's profiles since sigs  at the least often interesting to see, also I'm afraid I disagree with Orko about people putting links to their work in sigs, since it's often a good way to find things like member's walkthrus, eg, Jayde's manamon walkthrough has a link in his sig, but to each their own, that's after all what settings are for.