2017-08-08 04:08:58 (edited by hanif 2017-08-08 04:09:46)

hi everyone, I was wondering, does anyone hear ever heard of the game called hellblade: senua's sacrifice?
this game has just recently been released on the PS4 and PC platform. this game is created by the one who brought us the famous heavenly sword game, DMC devil may cry, and enslaved: odyssey to the west.
from what I know, this is a successor to heavenly sword. if anyone is willing to try that one, let me know if it's playable or not.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-08-08 07:17:47

Just looked it up, and it probably won't be playable. While there's a lot of combat, you need to be able to solve puzzles... and though there are audio cues as part of the character's mental condition, you seem to have to rely on visuals a lot. If someone else finds different, I'd be happy though... would love to play this one.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-08-08 07:21:10

No, I don't think so. There'a so much of exploring and puzzle solving so not really. Luckily, there are cool other things coming soon!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-08-08 07:38:24

I read about this game long time ago. There seem to be a lot of puzzles, but I'll look at a few walkthroughs to get an idea about the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-08 08:57:30

so for this one of course it's going to be impossible to play it then.
I also wanted to wait for the walkthroughs and see it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2017-08-08 09:57:09

i would try it but because it's a directx 11 game, i cant run it on my   dx 9 graphic

2017-08-18 16:35:53

Well, here's a walkthrough snippet from ign... and as amazing as this game is, it seems this game isn't going to be playable. Unless the audio cues are very informative, which is a slight possibility according to everything I've read since voices basic give you a running commentary. Thoughts anyone?
http://ca.ign.com/wikis/hellblade/The_Road_to_Hel

2017-09-13 16:18:34

The best about Hellblade is that there is an actual Audio game Level in it near the end of the game. Senua becomes blind for a while and must navigate through the world only with sounds.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2017-09-13 16:23:38

Unfortunately, that's one portion... and to get there you need to pass through many more portions that aren't playable. lol

2017-09-13 16:27:18

That is true unfortunately. I was just really surprised that a Mainstream developer had such an idea. I liked it.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2017-09-14 08:11:00

Wow. Sounds fantastic. Maybe there is a small chance that the game is playable? I don't feel like taking the risk and buy it to check at the moment. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-09-14 08:13:33

Read the posts above and you'll see that this game isn't playable, as awesome as it sounds.

2017-09-14 12:46:00

But perhaps check a Video on YouTube which Shows the beginning of the game if you don't have already SLJ. You'll see that the soundscape is a bit ... Special. But yes, the game is absolutely not playable.

2017-09-14 21:11:29

The soundscape is special, for sure... I think that's a perfect word for it! haha. I just wish the commentary from your... inner companions was enough to serve as an accidental guide for those of us who can't see.

2017-09-15 07:51:57

Sure, but my point is: We have seen a few games which no one thought would be playable, but they are playable anyway. smile Resident evil 7 for example.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-09-15 08:50:10

That is true. But those were games people just assumed weren't playable... I've read walkthroughs of this game, and watched enough long videos. I will be very, very surprised if someone manages to play this game totally blind. This game is like heavenly sword. there are portions that may be playable, but not enough of them to beat the entire game. But if someone proves me wrong, I'll be as happy as anyone else. smile

2017-09-15 12:26:28

I could try the game out and let you guys know if this one is playable or not.
however since the game is currently unavailable right here on the indonesian PS store, I have to wait a bit longer for the game to be released here.

2017-09-15 13:29:49

The biggest Problems are probably the rune puzzles. You have to memorize a rune on a door and find it visually in the world. For example in a strange form of a tree, in a shadow etc. Then you have to look at it and Focus. I would be really surprised if anyone could solve this.

2017-09-15 19:27:56

Like I said, I'm willing to keep an open mind.. but I'm not going to risk $80 for a game I don't know is playable or not. lol And the rune puzzles are definitely the tricky part... like the one type of puzzle in Heavenly Sword where you had to throw objects at switches but had to aim them. Or the sniping segments with a bow and arrow. Those basically made the game unplayable.

2017-09-16 13:52:48

Well, the puzzles might made the game impossible to play. But it's surprisingly how much the voices are guiding the player, telling what's going on, telling what to do etc. It sounds like the voices react when you do something right in the puzzles. It's difficult to imagine how the puzzles exactly are done. I don't get if you have to step at the right place, turn the character or what exactly you need to do.
An other thing which is difficult to tell is how limited the areas are. It sounds like you can't walk freely around like in an open world game, but I'm not sure about this. It's hard to hear when jumping and climbing, but if you can't fail those parts because of the levels limitations, it might be doable.
The combat sounds interesting. The enemies says "charge", you can kind of tell how much health you have left when paying attention to the heartbeat, and the voices says if the enemies is behind you, if you should run or when you have to finish them off.
Then, I'm not sure on how the focus feature works. You have to focus on the stones. Maybe this feature turns the character in the right direction?
At the beginning of the game, it tells you if you die too many times, your progress will be lost. That seems to be false, and a trick the game plays on the player, to make them do the best to stay alive.
At the moment, I don't feel like taking the chance and buy the game to give it a try. I have done that way too many times. smile But the game sounds really interesting...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-09-16 20:50:05

How do you know that it's false or not? lol
As for the rest, the voices are supposed to do that.. which is the only thing that gives this game a chance of being playable. focusing on a rune puzzle is going to be difficult since you need to focus and visually find the matching rune with no audio cues.  there is no platforming, so I suppose if you really want to try it, you can, and you may have luck with it. But portions like this from a text walkthrough don't look encouraging.

From here go up the stairs next to the Lorestone, climb up the ladded and start following the rocky terrain. Cross the wodden plank when you get to it, go inside the cave and jump down. Follow the path in here until you get to a gate. This triggers a scene with Druth. He tells you that Runes lock the paths ahead of you and that you have to use your eyes to search for the key. Focus on the Rune on the gate and you'll have to find something that is similar to that Rune, which resembles the letter M. Go back a little bit (to where there's a bit of light) and you can find some shadows forming the exact same Rune...

Focus on the shadow to release the lock on the gate. You've now broken the seal. Now go up a couple ladders, cross a wooden plank, go up the stairs and you'll now be on a wooden bridge with a wooden plank in the middle.

Not trying to be a damper here, just being realistic.
The game sounds great, and if it does turn out to be playable, I'll be very happy! big_smile

2017-09-16 20:57:55

The Stones are just Story snippets, often not even on the main path. So they won't turn you in the right direction. Unfortunately half or more of the voices represent doubt, self-hate, fear etc. Their Suggestions almost always are exact contraries to what you should do. The only way they can be used relyable is that they begin speaking at all when you've done something that Progresses the Story. I think the world is very linear, but you have to find small ladders, bridges and so on. There are even some illusions of things that only appear / disappear when viewed through a Special Portal. I wouldn't risk paying for this, but who knows. Fact is, that this is an amazing work for an indie Studio.

2017-09-16 21:01:41

Typing that post and then realizing that assault_freak wrote in essence the exact same with a guide included. Great. Lol

2017-09-17 00:48:32

lol. It's ok, both are pretty much on point... though I wouldn't call Ninja Theory an Indie studio anymore. they released Heavenly Sword, one of the best gems on the ps3, as well as the remake of Devil May Cry. And the voices are supposed to be jumbled yes, but I do think they can be relied on to give you a running commentary at least. I may risk it if I happened to be paid a little more or if the game goes on sale.

2017-09-17 17:54:04

Sorry for taking so long to jump into this topic, I saw it, but figured that no one would even try to buy this, but it seems like you guys are not convinced yet.  I have this on my PC.  I bought it for my housemate.  His PC can't run it, so I installed it on mine.

I have been watching him play it a bit, and I promise it is not playable.  Navigation aside, the battles are very tough, and if you die a certain amount of times your save gets permanently deleted.  This is a game designed to be difficult.   It is one of their selling points and it actively punishes you for not being good enough.  The combat system relies heavily on well timed parries and blocks, and sometimes there are a lot of enemies around you.  There are times where I cannot tell how many enemies there are, much less from where they are attacking and when exactly they are going to swing or if they can even reach.  I did not try tweaking the sound settings to try and make it work for me though, but that is mostly because I can tell when I am just going to waste my time.

There are puzzles that require you to see things too, as in focus on them with the camera, not just know where they are. 

As for the voices, they mostly either insult you, contribute to the story, or let you know that you are dying.  They will not assist with navigation at all.

If anyone has any further questions, I will try and answer them.  I can even ask my friend to test things while he is playing, but I think it would be a waste of money to buy this.