2017-09-11 02:41:09

For anyone who used it before and didn't know, lol yes unfortunately it's true... youtube-MP3.org is no longer a thing.
Does anyone know of any quick downloaders similar to what you could do with that? I'm currently attempting to get the hang of youtube-DL, the command line confuses me though.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-09-11 04:12:09

you could try:

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-09-11 04:33:13

There's a GUI frontend to youtube dl you can get.

2017-09-11 04:50:58

That, or Pontes Media Downloader. It works pretty well. The only thing I don't understand is why the converted audio that I get from it tends to show up as longer messages when I send it through What'sApp than it really is. For example, let's say I convert a 3 minute video to mp3. When playing it on my computer using VLC, it will show up as being a 3 minute file, as it should. The instant I send it through What'sApp, however, it shows up as being like 8 minutes long. I have no clue why that is, but it's irritating. If you have no reason to care about that, though, it does work pretty well.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-09-11 10:31:00

hi,

@4, that's something to do with the way whats app compresses and sends audio. Don't worry, I've had the same issue.

DD, pontes media downloader is simple and free, plus it converts from more than just youtube. If you look at this list of over 1000 websites, pontes uses youtube-dl as its back end and hence, supports ***all of those***.

Hope this helped!

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2017-09-11 15:13:44

I've been using this:
http://convert2mp3.net/en/

2017-09-11 16:01:20

huh, thanks all for the info, will have to check these out at some point. I like the fact that there is a frontend for DL, but I also do enjoy fiddling with new things to an extent so I may or may not try to get the hang of the command line.

2017-09-11 20:27:18

You should try out that one:
https://ytmp3.cc/
I'm using this website ever since I began downloading YouTube Videos as MP3s, and I promise you will find it amazing both in speed and audio files storage, since it converts with a super high speed and you can even stream the audios you get from it in any program that supports streaming, and I think it stores them for a long time, and that's not a security issue since you do not have to create an account.

2017-09-11 20:35:05

actually online video converter was awsomne cause there  no  duration limits and  main awsome thing they removed  convertion of  320 kb ps mp3  hq  file  dontknow it only give  290 kb ps  option i sad for this  i have  youtube downloders if u want  i can give it to u

2017-09-11 21:14:27

Why did it shut down?

Pics or it didn’t happen

2017-09-11 22:06:01

I'm using youtube-dl, but I'm starting it via my custom-made .bat file so I don't have to type manually from the command line. And I've set it up so it loads all links from a .txt file, which allows me to download multiple links at once, the program's output such as error messages or download progress goes into the log file and it's the best option for me because it works automatically and the application is updated regularly. Here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akk-AqrdWpjom25shpx_G1gtxBOc

2017-09-11 22:27:56

Thanks for sharing that. It's true, Pontes media Downloader does have trouble downloading playlists. I'm not even sure if that functionality is supposed to be supported. It's rare when i want to download one, though, so I don't worry about it too much. if you download playlists frequently, I can see how that would be a problem.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-09-11 23:08:22

@hrvoje holy shit, seriously? that's frickin' amazing

2017-09-11 23:28:09

@11, see this Torrent Freak article for an explanation.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-09-11 23:34:44

Hi, pontes media downloader can actually get playlists, just make sure you update to the latest version. With that said, i do recomment spending some time to figure youtube dl out, and either use what Hrvoje provided or create a config file so you don't have to type any options.

2017-09-12 00:38:46

I use listentoyoutube.com
It has converted up to 2 or 6 hour vids and I use it for podcasts and movies.
Its accessible, not sure about quality but its good enough.
I would have recomended the applian conversion suite I use but there are some access issues with it and applian refuses to say its their issue which means once I have set a few things with the mouse maybe it will work fine.
However its 200 bucks, its worth it but there are some things you need to mouse over to select and change.

2017-09-12 13:36:16

hi guys, the last version of pontes downloader is 2.0, right?, on 28 october 2014?

2017-09-13 00:57:12

It's actually 2.1.1. Not sure if it's available from the site still, but if not let me know and i can put it somewhere.

2017-09-13 07:08:34

ah, the last version on the site is 2.0...
could you upload yours? if you don't mind

2017-09-13 19:56:41 (edited by Nikola 2017-09-13 19:57:02)

Sure, here is the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnMpOqKlnLpGiSnKTme3gT-2IMIU

2017-09-14 12:37:11

I don't like you people who are downloading a youtube video as mp3. Because you're transcoding lossy to lossy, something that always! Breaks, especially when you encode to the most lossy format of all lossy formats. This is the command line I use to just grab youtube playlists, this is the command line I used to download this one entire channel and organize into playlists etc, and remove the video ID from the filename, also keeping in native audio stream.
youtube-dl -x -o "%(uploader)s/%(playlist_name)s/%(title)s.%(ext)s" URL
also make sure you have ffmpeg and ffprobe, can be found here, in either the same directory as youtube-dl or in your path. I actually put youtube-dl in my path too, so yeah! And if you want to transcode, use --audio-format format after the -x, where most of the formats are their file types except ogg, which is called vorbis. That's because it's using the vorbis codec. The majority of youtube video/audio streams I see are opus and aac, though I see quite a bit of vorbis too. Youtube does not use mp3, so transcoding to mp3 will be nothing but a loss of quality. If you want to do it, download everything formatted as wav and use lame.exe, setting it to something like 192KBPS vbr, that will give you awesome quality. For size, use 160/192KBPS vorbis. But don't encode the vorbis data to vorbis!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-09-15 11:54:36 (edited by GalanisJacdof 2017-09-25 08:01:28)

well, I usually save youtube via http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti … ideos.html I posted the link here for you, you can check it, I promise it is useful, good luck

2017-09-15 17:04:55

Funny! When I went to the domain, it brought up the Internet Information Services screen, which suggests that they were utilising a Windows server. It's possible that they removed all of the webpages but they kept the server running.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-09-15 21:52:58

Go to http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ and see what happens. It is rather funny to say the least.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-09-16 00:51:13

Not anymore. It's unable to connect now.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!