2017-08-28 08:55:55

hi when I want go to menu I have message
of Destroy Event
for object overworld_party_main:

2017-08-29 18:49:10 (edited by daigonite 2017-08-29 18:51:33)

config.ini is the file you're looking for, SLJ

JLove - make sure you have set the config file as stated. You should actually hear "Colors Press Any Key to Continue" (similar to braillemon) so I'm guessing you haven't triggered accessibility mode properly. Also I've heard that it can conflict with JAWS so make sure this is not happening.

Set access=0 to access=1 in the file.

@toto - sadly that error doesn't tell me anything, it feels almost like as if the bottom part was cut off. Can you tell me what you did to replicate it?

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-09-11 07:38:09

So, I entered my name, then hit enter, got a beep-like sound, but nothing else.  Then I hit enter again, and this time heard "main menu."  There were choices about checking party stats, game options, etc.  None of the options worked except the stats one, and when I chose that, I got the following error:
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Destroy Event

Variable overworld_party_main.current_moves(101470, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_overworld_party_main_Destroy_0
I tried reloading it, same error.

2017-09-11 13:48:48 (edited by daigonite 2017-09-11 15:41:53)

Hey there, thanks for the bug report I'll take a look at it tonight

I have been working on an intermediary release to distribute at a convention, if you could try this and see if the same bug appears that would be really helpful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BygzF … npmLXNLQzA

I've been working in the sighted version of the game to fix a ton of bugs and I also have fixed a few that exist only in blind mode. Make sure your config.ini file has the following:

access = 1

so that way access mode works. I will get an application that sets this for you in one of the future releases, hopefully before end of 2017. Just busy with everything else + full time work. thanks.

EDIT: Found the source of the bug updating as I type this. It should be updated in the new download. Let me know if anything else like that pops up, thank.

2017-09-11 16:57:38

how do you check the auras and effects durring a fight? and how do you equip the mittins you get? this game looks interesting, keep up the good work

2017-09-11 19:19:36 (edited by Valmorian 2017-09-11 19:32:17)

of Draw Event
for object MusicHandler:

Unable to find any instance for object index '298' name 'story_progress_handler'
at gml_Object_MusicHandler_Draw_64
############################################################################################
it seems that the wall sounds keep getting stuck on, , started while exploring marks house.
and for some reason when I loaded the game the sound came on when I opened the menu

2017-09-11 20:04:20

I'll take a look at that, in my experience I've never had an issue, but it might be because whatever is causing that bug suddenly caused the system to get "decoupled" so to speak. need to weed out these issues this week.

I don't have the game available on me at the moment, but to check global aura stats I believe it's the keyboard row ASDF but I'll check; I may have missed the actual description of the aura effect.

To equip the mittens, there are two ways - either go into your party menu, go into your items and select the mittens from your bag. then it will move to the selected player. Or, you can open the item menu, use "give" and give it to the appropriate character.

2017-09-11 20:57:12

Let me know when the update is complete with the resolved above bugs.  I will check the link provided for your intermediary release when I get home.

2017-09-11 22:23:31 (edited by Valmorian 2017-09-11 23:19:49)

I reverted back to an earlier vertion of the game, it seems to have fixed the bug
i can't  seem to interact with any of the chairs.

of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object env_drawer:

Data structure with index does not exist.
at gml_Object_env_drawer_Other_10
############################################################################################

2017-09-12 00:57:32

These bugs sound very strange, and I'm wondering if its a bad compile or something (story_progress_handler should never be destroyed, and thus should always exist). I've put in safeguards in case. Also, will be adding text for chairs.

2017-09-12 14:09:31

Added text for chairs and a few protections for those bugs above. I uploaded late last night and dozed off so I'll be probably updating again tonight. I'll be testing the audio sounds since you said they seem to break sometimes and see if I can replicate the effect.

2017-09-12 17:36:47

is there a link that audo updates when you upload?

2017-09-12 20:00:07 (edited by daigonite 2017-09-13 03:13:22)

I do have my Gamejolt link but it's only for official demo releases, not in between releases like this; setting up an autodownloader is really out of my time constraints at this time. I plan to put this on gamejolt in the next week though.

https://gamejolt.com/games/ColorsChromatics/248621

Gamejolt seems to have questionable accessibility so I will also provide mirrors

EDIT: I was able to replicate the sound bug so that will be my next point of interest. laptop is dead so it will be tonight's exploration

EDIT EDIT: Found the source of the sound bug, I'm looking into it right now

2017-09-13 12:47:10

Hey everyone, link was updated last night and I fixed the audio bug (it was actually a super simple fix).

2017-09-13 15:46:19

I loaded my game, started walking around at some point I got stuck and couldn't move in any direction. I closed the game and re opened it, but when I did I still couldn't move and when I check my coords it just says xy

2017-09-13 15:56:59

Is the bug I posted above fixed, the one that does not let me pass the menu?
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Destroy Event
Variable overworld_party_main.current_moves(101470, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_overworld_party_main_Destroy_0

2017-09-14 01:17:09

Valmorian - send me your save file (if you have one). it can be found in your local app data folder. C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Colors

the file is named savegame.ini, upload it so I can take a look.

JLove - I couldn't replicate it but I wrote code that should prevent it from happening. Please let me know if it ever pops up again or elsewhere and I'll do a more thorough check.

2017-09-14 03:42:04

need the updated link.

2017-09-14 15:56:27 (edited by daigonite 2017-09-15 14:02:01)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BygzFY … npmLXNLQzA

EDIT: No need to post the save file, I've found the source of the bug, and I've also found another bug associated with it. I'm currently going to work on tutorials, health permitting

2017-09-15 19:17:33

Link has been updated with coordinate fix, and a small change to tutorial mode's exit. if you press ESC + Enter you will just end the tutorial then and there.

I will be going through the tutorial this weekend to make sure I clean up those issues, now that I have some time.

2017-09-17 01:06:28

will it auto fix my brokenness?

2017-09-17 02:29:29 (edited by daigonite 2017-09-17 02:30:55)

You have to start a new game if it crashes on load (you should be able to do this fine though by selecting new game on the load screen with left/right), but if not you should be fine. the coordinate bug was caused by an improper character replacement; I use special character modifiers for certain visual effects and the parsing was wrong so it made numbers 0-6 not appear.

2017-09-17 14:32:20

I was able to replicate the menu bug you were talking about; it's not fixed in that version but I'm updating the link to fix it. not sure how I missed it before; thanks for keeping a good lookout

2017-09-18 08:29:25

oK, SO I JUST GOT DONE PLAYING AROUND WITH COLORS, AND I HAVE A COUPLE OF OBSERVATIONS.  fIRST, I DO NOT HEAR FOOTSTEPS WHEN I WALK AROUND.  tHAT SHOULD BE FIXED.  sECOND, THERE NEEDS TO BE A LEARN GAME SOUNDS IN THE MENU.  I HEAR SOLID TONES OF different pitches.  Sometimes I hear a "ding" sound when I walk that I don't know what is.  The ding sound will happen all of a sudden for no reason, and it's almost like I jump to another section.  The third thing I notice is that in the options menu, I can't actually save my settings.  I changed text reading to fast, but there was no way to save, and hitting X took me out of the menu, but SAPI still read at the same slow speed.  I actually wish that we could use Jaws in visually impaired mode.  Other than that, it looks interesting, although I haven't got that far.  Apparently I can't go to bed until I find a piece of metal for the radio, and I'm trying to find it.

2017-09-18 11:47:38 (edited by daigonite 2017-09-18 11:53:54)

1. Regarding footsteps, that sounds like a compilation bug; I'm going to test to see there aren't any issues with that since they were there before.

2. The tutorial at the beginning explains what the sounds mean - I've been working on fixing it and everything's working up to the 5th tutorial. I'll be putting the tutorial in the inventory for access from the menu (an item triggers this tutorial as well)

3. I will add an explanation to the ding sound, it indicates an opening in the walls.

4. Text speed in the menu is visual only but I'm pretty sure the reading speed can be changed with N/M (I should indicate this)

5. The game autosaves now so there's no need for a save section.

6. JAWS is incompatible with Game Maker's engine; so if I am able to find funding and rewrite the code this shouldn't be an issue.