So I installed arch on my old pc and I'm looking for a good window manager. I got mate installed but I can't get orca or sound to work. Has anyone had this problem?

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

Thumbs up

I have the same issue with an Arch VM.

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

Thumbs up

When does this happen: on the install CD or after?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

Post 1 said that it happens on Mate installed, so I assume this happens after the installation.
Try installing the pulseaudio package from the repos. sudo pacman -S pulseaudio.

Raduvay se, raduvay
Raduvay se domaki ne
Kolko liste po gorach
Tolko zdrave na taz kyshcha

Thumbs up

This isn't a vm and I have my headphones plugged in and I can get audio on the speakup but not orca for some reason.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

Thumbs up

So that is deffinitly the pulse problem. Install it.

Raduvay se, raduvay
Raduvay se domaki ne
Kolko liste po gorach

Thumbs up

Make sure pulseaudio is installed.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

i have same issue  with arch  after start live cd

Thumbs up

First: arch itself doesn't use Orca, because it's a console system
2. Do you use talking arch image?
3. If yes, type: alsamixer and press enter, wait several seconds, press up arrow some times and check if you will get speech.

Raduvay se, raduvay
Raduvay se domaki ne
Kolko liste po gorach

Thumbs up