Another suggestion for the different Races if not already implemented would be that each Race has different personalities and things they do and like and things they dislike. Other differencies could be that some races are brutal and others are not or lesser brutal in fighting and other methods in general. I am not sure at the moment, but I think different Weapons and technologies are implemented already. If not, that could be another unique thing and the weapons and tools they use could be different in brutality as well, depending on the races and what they use as well as magic can differ in some ways as well.
Well Niklas, the races already do have some kinds of differences, the races have different levels of strength, intelligence and a few little traits, but there is always room for development so keep watching
An idea came into my mind. Okay, this could fall into the story and Mission or quest category, but it is another kind of recieving them and so maybe another type. You could recieve letters from friends of you or from other kingdoms who need your help in some situations. That could be a conflict between groups but could be other things as well such as a dragon for example terroricing your friends village. I was inspired to this by a celda game were this element came in. Sure, it is an partly adventure/RPG element, but I think it could fit into the mix, esspecially in war situations were are no rules and only chaos in some parts of the game world.
Allies asking for help is definitely a possibility, good suggestion
Been working on this one non-stop, there's a whole bunch of stuff in this version, including a fully working year two of classes in the history guild, with final exam, the backstory of Aslona and a working library section! there are new races, new names, new extras items, new cheats and even a new naming convention that allows for characters to be named 'son of' such as 'Garro son of Gorro' the throne room has been swept a little bit with some new additions and lots of little fixes and there are plenty of other changes to the game.
* Added a new creature 'Quog' (swampy slimey thing)
* Added New race 'Quogmen'
* Added New race 'Were-Quogs'
* Added New race 'Evolved Quogs'
* Added New race 'Quog Folk'
* Added New race 'Half-Quogs'
* Added New Lesson to the History guild (Lesson 8: The Village of Old)
* Added new cheat 1111 blocks current save from having cheats
* Added turning head animation
* Added dynamic responses from Hermaeus based on what class you're in
* Added Half-lizard half-human to concept art in extras menu
* Added mount beast concept art in extras menu
* Added special large concept piece to extras menu
* Added New Lesson to the History Guild (Lesson 9: The Rise and fall of the great western empire)
* Added New Lesson to the History Guild (Lesson 10: The Tattered Kingdoms)
* Added New Lesson to the History Guild (Lesson 11: The Death of the West)
* Added history of the holy order of the roses citadel
* Added Noreg's Study to the History guild
* Added new naming system (son of) creating 1000s of new names
* Added bandit pillaging merchant caravan encounter
* Added bandit steals from children encounter
* Added bandit betting on beggar fight encounter
* Made goblin cheiftain throne room encounter not happen if goblin slavery set
* Added distant cousin throne room encounter can actually sometimes be your real cousin and if given the gold may later return with an army of troops (between 50-350 men)
* Made the rich ex-slave throne room encounter use random gold instead of preset 15k
* Fixed phenor truce text bug issue
* Fixed Slave Agitator broken option unable to to take man as slave
* Fixed bad jester encounter text bug
* Fixed wedding blessings encounter text bug
* Fixed greeting townsman encounter text bug
* Fixed accept demons text bug
* Fixed slave soldier imprisoned duplicate troop bug
* Fixed slave soldier killed duplicate troop bug
* Fixed band of demons minimum troop count bug
* Added Monty Python reference to taverntalk
* Added new warrior type 'clawman'
* Added 2 new sewer dialogues
* Added new goblin joke to jesters
* Added 3 new advices to gar'gallock
* Added new knight joke
* Added holy order of the roses will not let you recruit from them if public op 5 or lower
* Added the book 'Kalkar' to the history guild library
* Added the book 'Warlord of a dead empire' to the history guild library
* Added secret to the history guild
* Added the book 'Diaries of a Borderman' to the history guild library
* Added the final exam for Year two of the history guild
* Added 6 new human names
* Added new name suffix 'the muffled' (+3 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the boy' (+5 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Man' (+10 battlescore)
man this is a good game! i personaly don't love this type of games much, but here i realy felt myself a king thank you for this feeling. i've played a free version and then bought the game with pleasure!
a few sugestions of course:
1. more women! i know this is a men's world, but... you know, queens, princesses from another kingdoms, marriages for alliances, bastards may be. also i'd like to see more of them in the throne room, for now i've seen only two women trying to share a baby among them.
2. more cases investigating. you know, guards bring a man, he's like: "it wasn't me, this is a mistake", and you're like: "you lie! chop his head!" i mean, that would be cool if you could do more than just ask the guards. i'm talking about getting some information that probably make you thinking what to decide. you can send him to the dungeon for sometime while investigating. yeah, about dungeons, i still don't understand what it's purpose is. i haven't played much, but i'll appreciate you guys telling me about this just a couple of words.
3. yesterday i found an independent kingdom with a negative relationship, and i've just offered them peace, vassalized them and made an alliance. then i were asking a military help till we didn't fell at war again, and you know, what's happened? i offered them peace again, and it worked! i don't know, may be the king is such a coward and everything is alright, but for me it's a bit wierd.
well, that's all, i'm glad to see that good and complex game, and i'll definitely continue to play it. please keep going, i'm looking forward to the updates, may it grow and get even better!)
my name is darth scorp!
Oh yeah, These Suggestions I'll Support defenately. And in a Fantasy world, there have women to be as well. Even in books like Lord of the rings they are.
Another addition on the non magical weapon side could be explosives, wich exist even in medival times. Another cool thing are trebuchets, catapults, cannons and such.
Hmm, that's weierd I don't recieved an E-Mail about the new update from itch.io. In General, there Comes an email if a new update is available.
woops, found a bug:)
just bought the scorpion fighting pit, wanted to watch a fight for free, and the game told me that i payed 25 gold. next, it showed me the fight and then... then it destroyed my pit!(( the fight was prety epic, as you see
my name is darth scorp!
Well I don't plan on adding anything too advanced technology wise, but magical weaponry could be a thing I'll keep note, seige stuff is a good idea though
612 (edited by defender 2017-09-07 05:13:21)
It gets pretty boring after the demon hoard, in terms of things to fight, I know you've been working on it with new things to explore and the continent thing, though I don't know if the new empires scale with you yet.
But I was thinking that it would be neat if there were an invading army, based on your current troop count, so probably double that or something, that would come from the east or the north, I'm thinking east lizard folk, north Orcs, but what ever is fine and race randomization would be cool, as long as your units are relatively well matched, especially, for instance, if your popularity was below a certain point then maybe you'd get centaurs or elves from the west instead.
I'm thinking that they would take a few years to show up, possibly like 6? and every year they would spawn a war camp with some soldiers in it, and if you caught it and killed those soldiers, you would reduce the number of units in the invading army, either as a 1 to 1 ratio or something else, so that by the time it got to you, if you were paying attention and smashing the camps as soon as they popped up, you would get the reward of less invading troops, to a certain point of course.
Another cool prospect would be if their were caravans with magical fruit that pop up as well, with guards of course, I'm thinking not the same race but maybe human barbarian mercs, and if you destroyed those than they would have less, or none if you got them all, to use when it came time to fight, I'm thinking you shouldn't get the resources though as that would partially defeat the purpose of preparing for war.
I think it would also be cool if they sent a force of soldiers, randomized to a degree but not totally overwelming, to attack your forts right before the turn where the full force of the army came down on you, or, potentially for a few turns, up to you.
I really believe that it would help with the grind after the demons.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here...
"aaoh, that violence was terrible!"
Yeah, it was pretty bad...
another suggestion wich could be cool is to have dungeons, caves and the like you have to explore in order to find Artifacts or treasures and such. These items could be guarded by trolls, Dragons and such things or the dungeons and caves can have various monsters wich guard something and your soldirs have to fight through and explore the thing, a bit like the mines of Moria and the like. Could fit in as well, especially for the exploration element of certain areas or if you heared a rumour about something you want to inwestigate.
@Niklas, You'll like both the update I've just released and the one that's coming for 0.7, the new update 0.699 has knights that visit your throne room whom you can ask to quest for you, they will go on random quests which include artifacts in caves, bandit toll roads, rebel patrols, hunting demonic agents, challenging bandit warlords, trap filled caverns, a goblin clan in a well, finding a demon at the southern gate and more!
@Defender, Having more to do after end game is definitely not a bad idea, if you really want a challenge look for the cheat that makes everyone else have shit-tons of troops, it think it's 445, run that code twice and try to survive as a tiny little kingdom with 1000 men while all around you giant empires fight battles with millions of units
It's gonna be a while before the next update because I was a really awesome update ready for 0.7, but this update is packed, we have a new black market location, questing knights, tons of new throne room encounters, 1.8 billion new minotaur faces, new ship trading, new races and loads more.
* Added 1825295040 new minotaur faces (1.8 billion) (was 111 million)
* Added Marie Elena boat in dockrow sells random number of bluetrii fruit
* Added Queen Anne boat in dockrow sells random number of slaves
* Added ability to tell hedge knights to quest for you
* Added 19 possible quests that can be done (from artifacts to demons)
* Added New creature 'Yak' to the game
* Added New race 'Yakmen'
* Added New race 'Were-Yaks'
* Added New race 'Evolved Yaks'
* Added New race 'Yak Folk'
* Added New race 'Half-Yaks'
* Added shipbuilders guilt to guildrow
* Added bron the guildmaster to guildrow
* Added the grand gallion to the shipbuilders guild
* Added returning quest knight throne room encounter (with dynamic hire option)
* Added Option in staff quitting throne room encounter to offer a bribe to stay
* Added Militia run by fool throne room encounter
* Added fighter in rags throne room encounter
* Added militia permission throne room encounter
* Added glory chasing militia throne room encounter
* Added Kicked out of militia throne room encounter
* Added violent removal throne room encounter
* Added fistfighter disgruntled throne room encounter
* Added hedge knight for the order throne room encounter
* Added pair of hedge knights for hire throne room encounter
* Added pair of hedge knight for the order throne room encounter
* Added farmer fence dispute throne room encounter (credit u/muramas)
* Added border gold dispute throne room encounter (credit u/muramas)
* Added archery fail throne room encounter (credit u/muramas)
* Added cows vs crops throne room encounter (credit u/muramas)
* Added wedding vows throne room encounter (credit u/muramas)
* Added Crop burning bastard throne room encounter (credit u/muramas)
* Fixed shallowrock mine tribute after death bug (credit Kinja)
* Fixed Not enough gold to play blackmarket bug
* Fixed diplomacy options available behind the scenes (credit Kellen- Dank memes)
* Fixed Race Rejected text colour bug
* Fixed allied factions go to war with you if you ask for too much help
* Added my email address to the community and feedback tab of the main menu
* Added 5 new sewer dialogues
* Added new warrior type 'beastmaster'
* Added new warrior type 'Witcher'
* Added new tavern dialogue
* Added Name suffix 'the Wrecked' +1 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Shipwrecked' +2 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Havok' +23 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Havok-Bringer' +39 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Ravenclaw' +27 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Lionclaw' +39 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Bearclaw' +55 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Dragonclaw' +65 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Wolfclaw' +29 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Tigerclaw' +35 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Cubclaw' +15 battlescore
* Added Name suffix 'the Beastclaw' +55 battlescore
* Set base cost for assassinations of independent kingdoms to 5000
616 (edited by Niklas 2017-09-08 21:03:27)
hmm, something got wrong here. I realy like the new update and am happy that a questing system is now implemented. Cool, i am sure I'll like the upcoming update as well. Do you mean by not too advanced technology the thing with the catapults and such? However keep it up, I am already excited what comes next. Every update is more amazing and makes the game better, great job man.
Thanks for the cheatcode, I'll try it, but what do you think of my idea?
I would love to see it or something like it be put into the game, I realize that you just had a major update and another on the way, but maybe it could be added in 1.0 or something?
I just think it would be really fun.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here...
"aaoh, that violence was terrible!"
Yeah, it was pretty bad...
619 (edited by Wastelander 2017-09-09 10:09:27)
@Defender, perhaps similarly to the demonic horde's slow arrival there could be some kind of background empires going on, you haven't discovered them so you only know of the few kingdoms near you but these big empires exist and grow far beyond, maybe you get word 'sir a strange green creature has arrived in our court, it seems friendly but we do not understand it' this turns out to be an orc explorer, a creature no one has seen before, we aren't sure what to do with it, to jail it and so forth.
Finally understanding it, it talks of an empire so large that our kingdom would be a mere speck compared to them, and turns out he's underselling it, Aslona and the realm of men have maybe 50'000 men at this point, this is your army, bandits and rebels, peasant groups and background population,
The Orcish empire across the sea has 110'000'231 people, imagine that, imagine declaring war on them and being attacked by an army that has more members than your entire race, and that's just a scouting party, you'd have to surrender quickly and become a vassal state of the orcs, and hope they were friendly
PS, Give that 445 code a try though, it's kind of like the above scenario, I played a game once where all nations had around a million or so units, some slightly less some much more, it was insanity, I basically hid away making sure no one attacked me, picked away at exploration and any minor groups and tried to grow my strength in the background, finally one of the nations got beaten back so badly by an army of millions of units that I was able to vassalise them, and togeather we grew to the point that I could compete with these kingdoms, bearing in mind around 5 million units had died in the fighting meaning all kingdoms and empires were much weaker by the time I could actually join the real game, turned into a few nasty wars and ended with a three way alliance of me, my vassals and some kappa people
@Niklas, thanks, glad you like the updates, the next one should be a pretty huge one so stay tuned
Hi, there are four dogs that I found. There are still a few symbols in some parts of the game that I think need to be removed. When you first start a new game when it is busy generating, you see a lot of those. And I think when you do come that you see a few more. I am not sure where they are. I suggest that those should be fixed. And of the spelling errors, I will leave them in here just for people to laugh at. The dogs that I found our very big. I was actually meaning to say that dogs. And when I said when you do come. I was meaning to say combat. And dogs, I mean the bugs.
Is it possible to have a setting allowing one to keep the music off, but still hear the bard songs? I'm not sure if something exists for this already, but figured I'd ask.
A nice and athmospheric addition to the sound part of the game would be that some units, for example leaders, Heros and such could use horns to give signals to the rest of the Army. So, such could be used if someone attacks or in battles while they're going on.
@Dranelement, I have now separated sound and music!
also I have attempted to add death sounds to battle, with higher pitched for goblins and lower for demons, it didn't go too well because the sound has to play one at a time, but you can test it when the new release is out
I have never tryed this but is it possible for us to use the physical mouse to Play warsim as well? Would be cool if the mouse could be used to control the game as well, maybe as an Option?