2017-09-10 16:29:27

I wish it did too honestly....

Either way things are happening, I'm just biding my time and waiting for things to sort out and things to get lined up right honestly...all I'll say for now, all I want to say. If I say what's on my mind I'll get booted off of her for breaking the niceness rule, mostly since ya know....I have a lot of things to get out of my system and I'm not gonna go turn this topic into a rant....though if I get pushed to that point I may do so.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-09-11 07:46:53

Having no idea on what's going on, I just hope everything will be sorted out and it don't brakes the great project. It would be a huge huge shame if Danny drops the project again...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-13 16:08:51 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-09-13 20:48:00)

Hi All,

This is going to be hard, but... Let's get on with it...

As it stands right now, DMNB has been put on the very back burner due to issues within the Reality Software team itself. Currently, the game is still available to download and play, however I have no idea as to how this might change.

Secondly, I am resigning from Reality Software. When I first joined RS, it seemed that I might have been of some help, however it has been made quite apparent that I have been nothing but a hindrance to the rest of the team. Therefor, I must say farewell.

I am truly sorry for how this has turned out. Thank you for your understanding.

N.C.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

Thumbs up +1

2017-09-13 22:27:07

You know, I was really excited for this game. It has so much potential, but fractures in the reality software team, really makes it impossible to play. Stuff like this happened with the previous version of the game, which made the game bed and where.
Ultimately, if the team can come to some kind of agreement, I guess the only option is to show Feir the software for good, for the sanity of the community.
We all remember I know, that honestly, Danny and other members of the very south for team wants a life, this is not something they want to be doing 24/7, so I think we must let it go,

2017-09-14 00:24:10 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-09-14 03:09:56)

That's what I'm working on now. I'm trying to figure out if we're going to shut down the server, and if so, when this will happen.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.

Thumbs up

2017-09-14 05:08:09

TheGreatCarver wrote:

Hi All,

This is going to be hard, but... Let's get on with it...

As it stands right now, DMNB has been put on the very back burner due to issues within the Reality Software team itself. Currently, the game is still available to download and play, however I have no idea as to how this might change.

Secondly, I am resigning from Reality Software. When I first joined RS, it seemed that I might have been of some help, however it has been made quite apparent that I have been nothing but a hindrance to the rest of the team. Therefor, I must say farewell.

I am truly sorry for how this has turned out. Thank you for your understanding.

N.C.

Alright since you posted that:

1. Resigning from a team that was never actually officially recognized Wow. Just...wow. It wasn't ever a professional outfit or an official 'team' any any capacity. No office space, no filing of papers. Having worked in the industry proper there's a lot of steps to forming a company or a teama nd the 'team' did none of them, it wasn't ever officially recognized.

2. Resigning? No, you were jumping before you were pushed. You have harrassed developers of other games and tried to get the source code of DMNB , something that won't happen, you tried to take the project from Danny to 'revive it'. Which is no better than Mason or the UP thing using that code. By the way you never asked Danny for  the code or permission to modify it. Which as I get it is a big, big big no no among blind people...or gamers in general.

3. When another developer of a much bigger game goes off on ou, take heed of what they are telling you, especially when it relates to how you are. You want RS to be some ultra professional outfit. Spend time among actual real developers and you'll have your illusions shattered, it's a job, it's not glamorous or fun to code for 8-9 hours a day. That, and oh by the way, I won't go into details but...I do know what's going on and I can say this project can pretty much be laid at your feet as to why it's dead. I can say with accuracy that Danny would be a lot more motivated if you weren't constantly bitching in the group chat all the time and demanding stupid shit constantly and  trying to get Danny and I to change how and who we are to please you. If it was a 'team' as you seem to think Danny would have fired you ages ago if it was a real world company, youh have been fired for being disruptive and causing trouble. Which, by the way is a real thing you can fire people for.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-09-17 17:15:19

DracoSelene89, shut up.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

Thumbs up +1

2017-09-17 20:56:10

and this, is why I like to fly solo when developing games. Things like this always happen.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2017-09-17 21:20:34

Hi, this, is why I say people should always create a single player mode. If the server gets destroyed? The game just becomes a heap of trash on your hard drive. Also, I don't even remember there being an auto updater in this version of the game. I remember when the first version came out, Christmas of 2014  I watch the game grow from a little time waster to an epic multiplayer game. And then? It just gets dropped. I know there might have been problems, but the least you could have done was create a stage where are you could just blast enemies with different laser weapons. Then, the game might not have just been some programs sitting on a horse  that is your hard drive.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

Thumbs up

2017-09-18 00:37:10 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-09-18 00:43:57)

Okay folks, for those who saw my previous post, which I have now removed, I do apologize for being snippy. At this point, I've just about had it with all the drama, both internally and externally.

As for the server, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Inevitably, it's hogging large chunks of resources on my Linode, and if this game is not going to be developed further I might as well shut things down.

In case you are wondering why I'm hosting the DM server on my end, I volunteered to because the server Danny was using was noticeably lagging. So, I thought it would be a kind gesture to offer part of my Linode for the job.

So the question remains -- what do I do with the DM server. I'm virtually hearing nothing from Danny or Jase, A.K.A. DracoSelene89. So at this point, unless I hear otherwise, the server will go down on Thursday, September 21, 2017. At that time, the server for Death Match: a New Beginning Version 3 will go down indefinitely. After this point, you will be unable to access our website at http://realitysoftware.pancakeapps.com, and will be unable to download versions of DMNB from my Linode.

Again, this will only happen if I do not here anything from Danny or Jase, but this seems quite improbable as things stand right now. So there's that. Good day to you all, and let's try to make this as painless as possible. Thanks!

Thumbs up

2017-09-18 08:36:38

Hi.
I'm willing to host the server on my Linode if Danny and the rest of the team needs it.
I'm most worried about the fact that Danny haven't posted anything at all about what's going on.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-09-18 14:16:23

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
I'm willing to host the server on my Linode if Danny and the rest of the team needs it.
I'm most worried about the fact that Danny haven't posted anything at all about what's going on.

I doubt that will happen. With all due respect, it looks like things are done.

Quite frankly, part of this does fall down to my stupid choices, however I can't see how I could have caused the entire project to collapse.

I really would rather not go into detail in that, but people do deserve to know that I did make some very moronic choices, and I am sorry for them. Anyway, there's that.

Thumbs up

2017-09-18 22:38:23

Just rm -rf / the server dir. If Danny doesn't give any instruction it's best just to remove it and be done with it.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

Thumbs up

2017-09-19 07:47:57

@TheGreatCarver: Your post seems to got cut off.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-09-19 08:47:03

blah blah blah. you're coming here and saying, oh progect is going down because i made these and those choyses when you rather could've said, that progect is going down cuz he doesn't want to work on it anymore. if you took the first step you can as wel take the second and tell the whole storry. not just parts of it.
so no wining because you think people are gonna do something for you

Thumbs up

2017-09-22 00:08:51

Okay folks, I have shut down things.

Thumbs up

2017-09-22 22:55:22

I find this entire process rather disheartening.
I got excited the first time I saw this game up again.
I was involved when it was temporarily called Fortune's Frontier.
This is, with all respect to those at Reality Software, a giant and disappointing yoyo.
If there's interest on this game, make it work. Make it playable. Make it good. In point of fact, there have been three highly playable titles: the original DMNB that Danny didn't like because it became too much like any other space moo, Fortune's Frontier, which barely got off the ground, though it was shaping yup pretty well, and DMNB V3, which ... well, looks like an evolution of FF.
I love this style of game, and I haven't seen anything like it about. I want a game like this almost more than I can say. On the other hand, this is getting painful.
It's kind of like someone says, "Hey. I know you like cake, so here's the icing I'm going to put on the cake." They give you a taste of some icing (I.E. extra stuff) with maybe a little cake mixed in. You sit down at table, and then they throw the cake in the trash.
Except that this has happened three times now.
Please, somebody make a cake, for God's sake, and bake the thing until it's done. Then, put some icing on it when you're done baking. Make a simple way to build structures, make ships, make stuff for them to do, then make the extra stuff. I'm not a dev, I don't get it, and when I was a part of the team, all I could really do was keep throwing out suggestions, because that was my purpose. On the other hand, this is getting ... well, I'll use the word sad.
I just want some space cake. It doesn't have to be beautiful; it doesn't have to have icing. One ship, flying around, doing some basic stuff. I'm sure people would even play that.

Thumbs up

2017-09-22 23:55:34

yeah, i'm sad to see this one go down, i wanted planes on the terminals. well, that's not gonna happen now

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-09-23 00:18:18

DakotahRickard wrote:

I find this entire process rather disheartening.
I got excited the first time I saw this game up again.
I was involved when it was temporarily called Fortune's Frontier.
This is, with all respect to those at Reality Software, a giant and disappointing yoyo.
If there's interest on this game, make it work. Make it playable. Make it good. In point of fact, there have been three highly playable titles: the original DMNB that Danny didn't like because it became too much like any other space moo, Fortune's Frontier, which barely got off the ground, though it was shaping yup pretty well, and DMNB V3, which ... well, looks like an evolution of FF.
I love this style of game, and I haven't seen anything like it about. I want a game like this almost more than I can say. On the other hand, this is getting painful.
It's kind of like someone says, "Hey. I know you like cake, so here's the icing I'm going to put on the cake." They give you a taste of some icing (I.E. extra stuff) with maybe a little cake mixed in. You sit down at table, and then they throw the cake in the trash.
Except that this has happened three times now.
Please, somebody make a cake, for God's sake, and bake the thing until it's done. Then, put some icing on it when you're done baking. Make a simple way to build structures, make ships, make stuff for them to do, then make the extra stuff. I'm not a dev, I don't get it, and when I was a part of the team, all I could really do was keep throwing out suggestions, because that was my purpose. On the other hand, this is getting ... well, I'll use the word sad.
I just want some space cake. It doesn't have to be beautiful; it doesn't have to have icing. One ship, flying around, doing some basic stuff. I'm sure people would even play that.

Hay, I'm just as disapointed as you are. But there's not much I can do. At this point, DMNB3 is dead, and there is nothing we can do about it. It definitely doesn't look like Danny or Scot are interested at all at this point.

Thumbs up

2017-09-23 04:44:28

for this reason I do not play games with the central server, they usually exist very shortly, when the central server drops then from a good game there is only a pile of garbage on the computer.
Sorry: I'm translating from Russian into English using Google.

Thumbs up

2017-09-24 04:33:52

Honestly guys this is simply an ongoing pattern. It's disheartening that it continues to occur, but that said there's nothing and noone that will change it. If you enjoy DMNB and are disappointed in the recent events regarding its existence, just wait 3 more months. Hell... maybe 6 at most. It'll be back in some other form. If this next form doesn't get off the ground very far, at least it will get off and stay off for a short period of time. Then it will go down as have the others. But honestly I wouldn't wait around, because clearly this developer or group of developers has significant difficulties working together. Imho it's quite unethical to leave it up to one of the two people whom we can gather are the cause of drama to provide the community with updates regarding the game's status, especially when it is something as detremental as whether or not the game will remain in existence; where was the rest of this "six manned team"? We'll probably never know why this game went down for real. But having watched this topic closely for months now I can only remark upon one thing: it is not one specific person's fault that this project is down. To avoid triggering the wrath of certain "veterins" if you will of game development, I will refrain from saying this was completely unprofessional, instead stating that it should have and could have been handled and processed much better than this, and that these games and game versions are just going to become ever less popular and taken less and less seriously as they progress if the people involved cannot get their acts together. Professional team / company or not, acting and going about things like children is no way to present oneself to a community. I've done it before and all it did was make me look stupid. It's not doing much different for this development.
Bottom line, telling one another to shut up over the forum and blaming each other for this and that, coupled together with the head developer suddenly ducking out of existence when things got hard, makes you guys look like a joke. Seriously.
Ps. I'm sorry for all of that. I just felt like I needed to put my two-cents out for all to see. Anyways what's done is done, and this post won't change that.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-09-24 18:32:23

that's a post i couldn't have done better my self. thummbs up

Thumbs up

2017-09-25 01:57:56

Why is it that rs keep creating space games if by now its clear no member of the team is willing to maintain them? As others have said, this is the third time this has happened.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up

2017-09-25 14:01:24

Guys, I don't know what to tell you. All I can say is that this game is most likely dead as a door nail.

Thumbs up +1

2017-09-25 22:16:10

This is honestly why after I tried this once and had issues running it, I didn't bother working any of them out. It didn't seem to run well on my system, but also since this is the third attempt at a deathmatch online game, I honestly wasn't too sure how long it would take for crap like this to happen. Just a tip for you guys, don't get too attached to reality software online games if they have the words "Death match, a new beginning", since 3 times now we've had this weird crap happen where the game goes dead after 3 months for no real reason.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up