2017-09-12 00:45:41

Is it worth getting steem? I am totally blind, and I use Jaws. I want to get steem because there is a spasific game that I like, and you can get it with steem, and any other way I have tried to get a hold of it has ended up at a dead end, but I want to know if it is worth getting the application. I got it before, and it was completely inaccessible, but some people say that they can use it, to some extent.

2017-09-12 04:59:29 (edited by jack 2017-09-12 04:59:50)

If you're willing to use NVDA, Steam is a lot easier to deal with. Not accessible, not by a longshot, but it's, somewhat tolerable if you could call it that.

2017-09-12 23:52:04

So, it is basicly useless to me. I would try grabbing the game off Gog.com, that's supposed to be a good sight for that, but it is proving difficult to work with.

2017-09-13 04:20:09

I'm in the same sort of situation. I have an account, and downloaded the application, but can't figure it out. The guide that I read on here didn't help at all to be honest. I don't know if I'm just missing something obvious or if something has changed. I've also tried following directions on r/blind, but that went nowhere too. If anyone has suggestions, let me know. I'll keep trying.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2017-09-13 05:11:34

Could you tell us what screenreader are you using, Cryingfire97? We can help you if you're using nvda, since while obviously steam isn't accessible, it's as good as it gets when nvda is used. Keep in mind you can add -login username password -no-dwrite to the shortcut properties, after the file path to the steam executable. The =login parameter does as it suggests, and will get you past that annoying initial login screen most of the time. The -no-dwrite switch will turn off video text, making it not display the text of the interface within a graphic. IN most cases, this avoids the use of ocr.