2017-09-02 01:14:31 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2017-09-02 01:17:40)

I thought I was never going to be able to beat the game and am just too addicted now. Though it was hard but especially,  needed much thinking and concentration and adrenaline and strategy well, everything that an excellent game does have. For the person asking about the last boss, the bio control system... it attacks in multiple ways. Its actually better if you take some time and learn those things by yourself, (its definitely more rewarding) but oh well. You can skip the rest of this post if you don't want spoilers!:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
1. It launches energy at you. or more like energy balls. you can just jump over those
2. It throws like 10 lime balls at once. you can and should have stun recovery available. plenty of them.
3. It launches electricity. you can jump over it as well, but its more tricky. A defense drink should be helpful on those stages.

Be aware that it has this annoying habit of teleporting as well.
As for attacking those bosses at t the end, including the bio control system and life burner and master battery ETC.. I used a combination of weapons, for me the triple yoyo (kind of slow, longer range) and the omega shooter (closer range, faster shooting but lower damage caused) do wonders. Yes, you have to grind and craft yourself one, at stage 16. Its pretty useful. It does 500 or so damage to the strongest bosses which are 25-4 and 25-5, but you can usually blast the omega shooter and take some damage and you will most likely be fine. You should take those stages slowly and  think about your strategy. Use the sonar and hook on the very last level... those platforms are of great help when destruction comes.
ah yes, and I forgot to point out that curiously, the bio control system drops a recovery ring.. you just have to damage it with something that will not destroy objects... or stop shooting right after it dies.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2017-09-02 02:50:42

To avoid that darkness attack, you can deflect a piece of magic armor, you can go buy ones from stage 17 shop.
It'll break, but better it than you.

2017-09-02 13:11:10

@keithwipf1: Yes, I was going to try the magic armor plus, so it's good to know it's helpful. It seems that spell can't reach you when you are far enough, but you are never sure you will have time to get away before it happens.
Also, I found an old post that said you can easily beat it if you alternate quickly between the chain sword/snake chain and the magical edge. Well, eather I'm not good at this at all, eather it has changed since then.
But then, as I said before, I'm probably way to underleveled for this thing.

2017-09-02 15:41:30

yes, the glitch that let you lock it in place with the chain sword but keep attacking with the magical edge was fixed a while back

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-09-03 15:01:34

That's what I thought. I guess that's what I get for discovering the game so late lol.
No problem though, I won't need this thing before much later, if at all.

2017-09-03 22:14:04

I think there has not been a discussion on the jukebox or the music for the game. I personally love the one at stage 17, and also 19 . its hard to choose a favorite track but those really struck me lol. Not all of the music is in the jukebox though. There are some tracks missing, more specifically the ones at the shops and during some scenes, I believe the ending ones. It would be nice to know which track would correspond to which stages or shops as well.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2017-09-05 08:06:37

Hello everyone.
So I did it. I finally beat BK 3, with a little help here and there. So here's my question. Before going on to a new difficult are there any weapons/items I should craft or buy? I bought the super UFO however it doesn't seem to work, but I'm probably using it wrong. I press space and hear a sound like the item is working but my Y-axis position doesn't change. Any thoughts?
Thanks as always
Holden

2017-09-05 09:12:34

To use the UFO, hold down space and use your arrows to move around. I'd buy the spirit sword, lots of large super speed drinks,  and possibly the magic armour plus. But I'm not really that into acquiring lots of weapons. When I find one that works and is nice to use, I tend to just stick with it. I was more into progressing in the game than trying out all the weapons. Doubt many would agree with this, but I personally think there are too many. Too much choice can be self-defeating. But then I'm a bit of a monomaniac so I would lean toward that idea anyway.

2017-09-05 10:53:27

Hello there,
Congratulations Holden! wink for having beaten the beast that is bk3.

Those that haven't completed the game,don't read this post any further, unless you want stuff spoiled for you.

Before you restart the stages again on a different level, I'd suggest buying the spirit sword,and crushing the breads as much of it as you can. Didn't do much of it but maybe gotten it to level 20,I think. having it too super powered will make the game  kinda meh. I intend to work on its levels as I play different modes stages.
Also,grinding for gold buying the fruits which your friends sell,might be better than working on raising your levels,as you can raise your stats through those fruits juse in the power up center. this was one of the things I figured out quite a bit later.
If you'd just like the best weapons or weapons that are quite essential and don't aim at collecting all weapons that you can get,then possibly get a chain sword,and one of the hidden laser weapons. for the love of god I always seem to forget what it is,that is as soon as I stop playing Bk3 lol the blade the saber? the cutter or some other. either way,its quite powerful.
if your aim is to collect all weapons you can,then I'd suggest redoing 25.5 again, possibly 2 more times. so that you don't have to do it,ever again. for all those crafts requiring clear medals.

Also, you may want to look at the 4 new shops that finishing 25.5 has opened up,and buy whatever catches your eye in there.
hth.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-09-05 11:16:52

Thanks very much. I don't as of right now think too many choices is self-defeating. What I really love about this game is that it's such an advanced beast, and yes, it is, one hell of a beast, however the attractions are that it's completely free, and I don't know about all of you but I'd be willing to at least pay $50 for this thing if UI had to, and maybe more. Frankly I've had more fun with this game in the past month then any previously. There are other games that I play, but the replayability of BK 3 is astounding. Second of all, I know some sighted people who play games with what seem like hundreds of weapons, everything from really crappy guns and melee weapons to super heavy overpowered ones that will kill you in just a couple of seconds. Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll get the spirit sword. BTW, feeling kinda stupid lol. As soon as I wrote that last post I thought, what if you press and hold space with the UFO, then use up and down arrows? Perfectly logical, accept obviously it wasn't.

2017-09-05 13:23:42

holden, if you want to see what weapons you can possibly get but don't have yet, try the weapon adviser in the new extras menu

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-09-06 11:47:45 (edited by pulseman45 2017-09-08 12:07:45)

@2,108: Since you are talking about favourite tracks, I can say I have quite a few:
For boss themes, I especially like 8-4 and 10-4, with that last one sounding like something from a 16 bit Final Fantasy game in it's orchestration and emphasis on the bass.
I also like the first battle theme when fighting against the bio-control system, which was also used in BK2.
For field themes, I don't really have a favourite one, except maybe the one in stage 10-1, which I like to call the nature's waltz since, whenever it's used in the trilogy, it's never in buildings, at least not that I remember.
I also like that the theme that plays when you get spoted in stage 21 sounds like it has been done with an old FM chip like a YM2151.
As for shop themes, my favourite is clearly the one that can be heard in stage 4, 6 and 18. A staple of the series, like many other shop themes.

2017-09-08 04:29:39

Hi guys. Where can i find super shuriken?

2017-09-08 05:25:08

Sorry for double post. But where can I find a piece of wall for the cat spear? And also I looked at the weapon adviser and it one of the weapons that i don't have is the water launcher. It says it can be buy in one of the shops. I But when i check the shops all i can see is a water plane launcher. Which shop it was sold?

2017-09-08 12:12:30 (edited by pulseman45 2017-09-08 12:14:16)

To get a piece of wall you have to summon a cat. When a wall is close to you and the cat is near you, press Enter. A list of commands for the cat should appear, so you can command the cat to destroy the wall. Doing this drops a piece of wall, though on some walls like those in 8-3 it drops several.
Also, if I remember correctly, the regular Water Launcher can be crafted in stage 16. I believe you only need water for it.

2017-09-09 09:19:04

hi all plese help
i want use water master weapon
but i dont stand where i can find
small water cooler
and clear medal super wolf

2017-09-09 14:53:49

You get the clear medals after passing modes. You need to beat super wolf mode to get those medals. The water cooler can be found on the secret landing of 18-2. You first need to set the dial at the secret landing of 18-3 to number 4 or something.

2017-09-10 22:59:14

Hi.
Can anyone tell me where can I get the huge iron to craft rocket launchers?
Thanks in advance

2017-09-11 21:48:32

hi, this was discussed way back on this thread, but search feature never works too well here and the posts were not at all clear to begin with. so,
1. Start level 18.3
2. as soon as you start, reduce speed to 1 and altitude to 1, then press l
3. land
4. change the dial to 8.
5. Complete stage 19.1, and it will be at around coordinates 250, 0.

Happy to  give complete, accurate and updated information.

2017-09-12 00:02:06

by the way, has anyone looked at their stats? the ones that you can generate on the very last level of the game on 25? the inventory is sadly not getting translated but all the combat stats are and boy... they are just really really funny. A few examples and some of them I did on purpose with the aero gear for example, to advance fast through levels:
Number of times your spacebar was simply mashed repeadtedly during gameplay.:209325
Number of times you tried your best, even while blocking attacks with your armour or shield, to avoid them at the same time by bouncing around like a madman:2
Number of times you tried your best, even while blocking attacks with your armour or shield, to avoid them at the same time by bouncing around like a madman, and collided with obstacles because you weren't paying attention:0
Number of times you mashed your enter key like a maniac:67721 oh yeah. tasty, tasty bread! yum yum yum!
Times you were annoyed with the navigation of your Skyracer and interrupted it with ESC:645

and so on and so on. I am surprised at how much and how incredible vast this game is... and all done by mostly a single person!!! ...  thank you thank you thank you!

2017-09-12 00:52:11

Alright, I'll try it.
Thank you so much!

2017-09-12 01:05:18

Thanks for finding those funny... that was mostly my work! big_smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-12 12:21:19

Hi guys,

so I decided I will get the  translation but before I do, I have some questionss since this is my first purchase using PayPal.
Firstly, on the website there is a pay now using PayPal button I'm guessing I just click that, log in to PayPal and check out so Paypal will handle the exchange from pounds to dollars?
Secondly I am assuming I will get the translation files by email? also are there setup instructions somewhere?
and final question is the altitude and speed announcements for the Skyracer translated?
Thanks and sorry for asking so many questions and if they were asked before.

2017-09-12 16:27:49

1. yes. 2. sort of. but its intuitive anyway and they are not by e-mail, they are in the page you download them from. 3. yes. Using eloquence!

2017-09-12 21:17:34

So I started exciting mode, everything is fine, but when I did stage 6-2 I suddenly had to fight against à chopper. The fight was close but I lost, and I have absolutely no clue how the chopper appeared and I don't manage to make it appear again. Does anybody know how to make it appear or does it appear at random?
Thanks in advance,
Pulseman