2017-09-12 04:29:28

Hi.
I am in a group currently on ventrilo.
With ventrilo 4 being inaccessible the the group's admin has asked me how one would set up a teamtalk server on a server a vps one I assume linux.
Documentation found on the bareware site suggests that I put the server unzipped ofcause in a writable location I assume a sub of the home folder I am not sure and just run tt5srv -wizzard and thats all.
However I have never set one myself and its not mine as such.
Do we need anything else and what are instructions to actually install things and configure it.
What is the difference betwene demon and stand alone and what do we need to do.
From what he has heard the admin thinks that there may be some troubles with things, is it just a matter of a hostname, port, ssl etc and password or is it more than that.

2017-09-12 05:04:09

this guide pretty much says it all. It's for the Vultr vps, but you can apply this to whatever vps or physical machine is being used. The setup of the Teamtalk server is really quite straight forward, but it's nice to link to an official guide.

2017-09-12 06:09:22

Hi jack thanks a lot.
Its indeed good to have a guide and so simple yet detailed.
I have put this to the admin and I am sure he will be happy with my efforts

2017-09-12 22:36:00

thanks for your help guys. I'm slowly getting there from a position of total ignorance. my vps is running centOS 6.5 which seems to have some different commands from the page I've been reading but I think I can figure it out. i'll probably be kicking and screaming for more help later though. lol. not doing bad for a day's work though.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-09-12 23:28:36

ok I switched the server to debian 7. should make life a lot easier now.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.