Even after the 30 days of shareware?

Thumbs up

As far as I know. Anyway, the following should help. It is taken from the help file for vipmud.

You may play the full version of VipMud free for thirty days. After this period, you can play a slightly slimmed down version of VipMud for free. The slimmed down version only supports one session at a time, no MSP, no Debug Module, and a maximum play time of two hours before you will need to start-up VipMud again. As a bonus, if you play Valhalla Mud, the two hour limit is waved. We do not have any business relationship with ValHalla. We offer this service to provide you with a MUD client without the need to make a purchase. But, please consider purchasing VipMud so that we can add more great features. Go to http://www.GMAGames.com to place your order.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

Um, why Valhala specifically though? That's really random.

Thumbs up

I have no idea. I do not even know what that mud is all about either. My guess is that it was sort of a randem choice to give a bit more of a taste. Maybe because daivd likes or liked that mud? I do not know.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

A giant hand appears in the sky, reaching toward you.
It grabs you by the shirt collar and throws you across the mud!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

Rofl. Just like something I might would be tempt to do over the OOC channel of the mud. Also, thanks for the holoring thing. Now to see if any of us can come up with any other good star wars references to through in there like some device that takes the place of the force like a magnet that pools everything to you or something. LOL.

DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

Sorry for the double posts. What does everyone think about the missions being harder now? Just wondering seeing that all of the vacus ships and the like have been boosted. Now days, I got to figure out how to destroy 10 mother ships in one go. my tactic of emping them while my railgun takes cares of all the ships in the sector is clearly not going to work, but I will figure that out via IC though.

DropBox Referral

Thumbs up

Hello folks!
I'm not sure where to start, because really, it's been far too long since I updated this thread!
The best thing for you, really, to do is log in, and find out for yourself:

But here are a few of the bigger changes:
*introduced rp areas
*added a new activity, black dwarf harvesting
*added diamonds[as part of black dwarf harvesting] that allow you to increase the damage of weapons
*added industrial plants
*added more space for uncharted
*added water for industrial plants
*added dark matter mining
*added lots of new blueprints

we also have lots of events coming up, including a host to player chat tomorrow, one in the morning, and one in the evening.
I hope to see you all there!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

Sunday,  3  September  2017 02:34 n8: hello folks! I bet you didn't expect to see me, but, here I am! mua ha ha ha ha! anyway, I am hear to bring you a brief summary of Saturday's host meeting, and what actions have been taken regarding certain things. First off, a number of changes have been made to our staff. first off, geoffrey has been made a builder.  Second off, for a number of reasons. Sydney flowers is no longer a host on cosmic rage. Her position has been removed, with immediate effect. On brighter notes, liliya has been made an htpl, while michael lawson has been made a newbie helper! Congratulations to them. From an rp stand point, the hosts have bugged me to finish up with the pauagiwa race, so you can expect to see those in a couple of weeks, #woot! We will also, in the next day or so, be posted a help file called roleplay rules. These are rules/guidelines for you to follow when roleplaying here. Regarding alts in different organisations, for now, the hosts are going to handle it on a case by case access. We formally request that if you have one character in one org, and want an alt in another, you should apply via support ticket, for host approval. the hosts have made a formal schedule for htpc's, and htpl meetings, which will be posted in a couple days. I will finish this announcement on some high points: 1, snapp has been reenstated as an htpl, after his medical leave, which he is much better off for. congratulations! 2. On a lot of a brighter note, Faylyn clarris has been made a wizard, and the formal second in command/vice supreme admin for cosmic rage. So congratulations to her! Finally, I would like to reiterate in my own words the will of the hosting team. We, your staff, are a team of equals. We have equal rights and are on an even footing with each other. No one, in our team, has more power, than anyone else. A builder has the same power as a supreme admin, and we have a team built of trust, and support. Due to that, your staff is one you can approach, and feel safe with, at any time. We all are deeply concerned with each and every player, and would like to thank you all for continuing to play the rage that is cosmic. We hope you will continue to, and thank you for reading. Peace

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

Long time since I wrote my last post here... I wouldn't like to but I have to agree that missions became harder, much much harder. I didn't have problem with motherships, but that heavy warships can now see through cloak... It's not the problem whether they can or not, it's a problem that there a lot of them in most of the missions, and to emp them all you'll need a lot of time. Missions are nice, made for teams it seems, but sometimes you just wanna get some cargo barrels or minerals, and you'll spend over an hour for compliting one mission. And what if you're not skilled enough? Not asking for changes, but slight adjustments would be nice smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

Thumbs up

try doing that 60 attack ship mission for barrels

Thumbs up

Hi,
I have not tried this mud yet, so I have some questions.
When I played Alter Aeon, I kind of played solo but went into groups when I could. Does this mud require a lot of rp/interaction, or will there be a chance to go through some stories solo until you get the hang of it and feel ready to jump into the world a bit?

Thumbs up

Hi there
Well the game itself is encouraged, we do very much like it when players  into wrapped
However, most of the activities can be done solo, though some of the higher ones such as the industrial plants will take constant upkeep
There are, technically, no group activities on the game at the moment, something which we are going to rectify in the near future
Features and adjustments are always being made, so something is not to your liking what you think it could be improved there  how to command: reports, suggest, that are monitored a lot and we can implement your new ideas very quickly
I will be happy to answer any more questions you may have, both in game and out of, I apologise if this message is a little bit out of work, but dictation is what it is

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

Is there a way to communicate with NPCs? I see time and again to use the "phrases" command to see what people will respond to, but I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding it.

Thumbs up

hi there @codi91
First, make sure they are an npc, the patrols around the place are not NPC's, and can not be spoken too, they're patrolling soldiers.
To talk to an NPC, type phrases <npc> then, type say <phrase> for example, say hello!

Also:
[announcement] from n8: hello folks! Well, I'm not sure how long it took me to do, but I did say I'd get it done in a night, and I sure did! I am proud to bring you Cosmic Rages first, *official*, group activity. Following in the Doctor who discover volcano harvestings footsteps, a young dragon called natasha crimson scale approached the senate with a proposal to study lava. They agreed as long as it were licenced. The volcano miner is rather a large vehicle, with a three-man drill on the back for accessing that precious lava. It is recommended you have 4 people for this activity, but you can do it with 3. There is no combat in this activity, but you will have to pay attention, and make sure you all are doing your jobs. There is of course, a help file, and back story, for this activity called ahelp volcano mining. Credit go to Michael, for suggesting the idea, and charley for describing the rooms. As always, feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up

Thank you sir. Much, much appreciated.

Thumbs up

hello there,
is there any tutorial availble to use of mush client?

Thumbs up

I'm not sure if there are, I know there's a forum, though, though I'm not a mush user, so can't help you there.

Also:
[announcement] from n8: hello folks! Just for some fun, I have just added the Cosmic Rage lottery! This lottery works much like the real one in the UK, if you've ever played that. First, you will need to go to a lottery center on a home planet and buy a ticket, or 5. It's really up to you but, no hoarding! Anyway, once you have bought your ticket, keep a hold of it. Every tuesday night, 6 numbers will be picked, and you could be in for a reward! There is, of course, help ottery, for more information, and I hope you enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

Thumbs up