2017-09-10 10:46:03

Hello,

Okay. So my thoughts on this.

I will personally not be buying this game as what I have seen here is bad business management. Honestly, not providing at least a playable level before you must unlock the others is not a good idea in terms of business. The entire point of a demo is to get potential customers on board and saying hey, this is good, I'll buy it. Because 98% of people will actually do that.

I understand game development takes money and time, believe me, I do. But that's why I consider options such as indiagogo and kickstarter.

Just consider this for future releases. You may have a lot of people wanting to play your games.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2017-09-10 12:03:36

Hi to all,

In future the game probably will have a DEMO version, like many others our games.
Currently we cant afford the developement of a DEMO version but i really love to hear that the community want to play our game.
Thanks!

2017-09-10 12:38:16

ahem, here are my thots about this.
1, even a sightet game doesnt cost so much
second, you dont have a demo and you are thinking people gonna buy it?
i think not man, im not going to touch this.
have a nice day

2017-09-10 12:56:59

Ah, I will pass this one. Why?
1. There's noo a demo version, and I suppose that if you would be sure of quality of your product you would just code it.
2. We have free racer called Cyclepath which is better?
Regards,
N

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-09-10 12:58:42

I will personally not be buying this game either. I have heard both the trailler, where the bikes actually sounded good, and the test run, where the bikes just sounded... meh. I wasn't too impressed with the sound design, or the gameplay it sounds completely like audio ralley racing just with changed sounds and maybe the fame shop mechanics. and I'm sorry but... 250 dollars to get a name in the credits and tto name a few game things? Take any kickstarter as an example here, or go fund me or whatever. If you look at the reward teers what you usually get by pledging $250 to a game is a lot more. You can always expect at least the game's sound track, names in the credits, maybe the game as a collector's edition, and other things which sometimes even include get togethers with the dev team. There is in fact a much, much better cycling game out there when it comes to gameplay and sound design called cyclepath, which is also free. While sure it might not have tons of tracks in it, I'm sorry to say that its adictive gameplay, great sound design and effects and humerous bike descriptions outclass your game by a longshot, and this for $0.0! Plus the fact you can play it just about everywhere because it has cross platform support for pc, linux, mack and smartphones because it runs in web, also has gamepad and jyroscope support. So please, make your game at least match up to other free! games in the same catagory before you ask for $20.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-09-10 13:26:53

Hi.
Let me start by saying that I enjoy the sound design and the music. I don't mind paying as well, especially for a great quality game. But I won't buy this game for a lot of reasons:
1. I have bought most of your games, given a lot of feedback and have reported some bugs as well. But most games haven't received any updates to fix the bugs or containing any improvements from the players. The Inquisitor 2 and especially number 3 is totally unplayable because of the bugs. They are totally waist of money. I bought the boxing game as well, and posted a lot of feedback on how to improve the gameplay. But no new updates has been made to the game yet, not that I know about. Both the boxing game and Space incounter are way too easy to complete, without any replayability at all.
2. I feer this new racing game is too easy to complete as well, without any reason to play the game again after having beaten it. I feer there will be no updates to this game as well, just like most other games you have made. It's of course okay if you don't wanna make more content in the game, but in other games, bugs hasn't been fixed, which just makes playing the games a bad experience.
3. What are the differences between the new racing game and the other racing games you have made?
4. The shop: is there something which stops you from buying everything and just complete the game very easily? I'm asking because in the boxing game, you can easily earn a ton of money, buy everything from the shop long time before you beat the game and then complete the game very easily because you get overpowered. You don't need to plan out anything. Just earn a ton of money, buy everything and you're done.
I really hope you take this feedback serious to improve your games in the future. Many of us who have bought the previous games feels that every new game is like the same, and it keeps going in circles. Release a new game with new sounds, but the actual gameplay is the same as the previous games. I don't mean to criticize your game that much, but currently, that's how it feels, and I think I'm not the only person who feels like this...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-10 14:17:30

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
Let me start by saying that I enjoy the sound design and the music. I don't mind paying as well, especially for a great quality game. But I won't buy this game for a lot of reasons:
1. I have bought most of your games, given a lot of feedback and have reported some bugs as well. But most games haven't received any updates to fix the bugs or containing any improvements from the players. The Inquisitor 2 and especially number 3 is totally unplayable because of the bugs. They are totally waist of money. I bought the boxing game as well, and posted a lot of feedback on how to improve the gameplay. But no new updates has been made to the game yet, not that I know about. Both the boxing game and Space incounter are way too easy to complete, without any replayability at all.
2. I feer this new racing game is too easy to complete as well, without any reason to play the game again after having beaten it. I feer there will be no updates to this game as well, just like most other games you have made. It's of course okay if you don't wanna make more content in the game, but in other games, bugs hasn't been fixed, which just makes playing the games a bad experience.
3. What are the differences between the new racing game and the other racing games you have made?
4. The shop: is there something which stops you from buying everything and just complete the game very easily? I'm asking because in the boxing game, you can easily earn a ton of money, buy everything from the shop long time before you beat the game and then complete the game very easily because you get overpowered. You don't need to plan out anything. Just earn a ton of money, buy everything and you're done.
I really hope you take this feedback serious to improve your games in the future. Many of us who have bought the previous games feels that every new game is like the same, and it keeps going in circles. Release a new game with new sounds, but the actual gameplay is the same as the previous games. I don't mean to criticize your game that much, but currently, that's how it feels, and I think I'm not the only person who feels like this...

Hi SLJ,
I'm Simone Dosi, developer of Space Encounter, director of Audio Moto Championship and Product Manager of Associazione Audiogames.
I perfectly undertand your reasons and i want to my best to improve the collaboration between Associazione Audiogames and the community to make our games improve.
But, I want to clarify our situation:
1. Associazione Audiogames is a new grop born on the TiconBlu/Audiogame.it team and we know all the problems of old TiconBlu audiogames like Inquisitor series games but right now we are not capable to solve such a big ammunt of problems.
2. Associazione Audiogames is focused to keep his games updated.
3. The difference is big, we've introduced in Audio Moto Championshi a brand new AAA sound engine that will totally improve your gaming experience.
The game impements the weather, that modify your race experience, 2 levels of difficulty, a lot of different bykes and teams, many circuits and many other will be added in future updates.
4. We think that in game shops based on a game currency (not real money and not with in app purchases) will extend playability of the game, but we your feedback is really important and we will keep in mind it.

For other questions i'm here smile

Thanks,

Simone

2017-09-10 14:37:01

@26: That's why I wasn't expecting a demo. It costs time, and ademo is just a slice of the content in the game, I mean I've played racing game demos where it's just one car and one track or one bike and track and one mode, but even with that little content the demo can still make a good impression.

You mentioned KS and IGG....both of thse are if anything worse since you are putting money toward something a developer may or may not finish, I mean recently there was the news a company had run off with $600,000 of KS money and left another studio to basically redo their game from scratch, that and honestly, Kickstarter is not the best place for games, given the track record of  developers either not putting out finished games or, in extreme cases......vanishing with the cash.

Either way there's no difference between buying into a game in early access or a Kickstarter, they are both considered crowdfunding and there's  definitely ways to go about it. I'm used to early ccess games, pay $30 or whatever now, get the game updated as it develops, and get the final game for free. I think $250 is nothing compared to....actually, no, I KNOW $250is nothing compared to Kickstarter pledges that can go up to $100,000. Or more. And yes, people do actually pay that for games, Star Citizen for instance, or the project I was involved in at SMS, we got people putting in $25,000 and then lording it over everyone else.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-09-10 15:46:46

hi, I don't think I will purchase this game. I will explain why. Firstly, and I am not trying to criticise you, when games like this get released, they are normally very short experiences that take about one hour to complete. Okay, maybe not so short, but still. Secondly, there are never any new updates. What happens if one of the iOS versions of the game gets outdated? We will never be able to play the game again. The user code system is bad. If you lose the use of code, and you have already used it five times. You can basically never play the game again. I know this is for security, but there's no point. I lost my blind gladiator  user code, and because I don't know how to unzip files, the game always loses the user information. I don't know why.  I really think you guys should make more story based games as well.  why not put the games on steam. That way, if we ever lose the games, we don't have to purchase them again. Can you please send me a private message with my blind gladiator user codes? I also purchased a few other games from you guys. One of them being that detective game. Can I please get that game as well? I p purchased the detective game in October 2015 I think. If you need the email address, I can give it to you. And sorry if this comes off a bit harshly.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-09-10 15:59:37

@33: This wouldn't be a problem if the game was clearly stated to be early access. It wasn't, and hence, no dice.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2017-09-10 16:03:17 (edited by dousi96 2017-09-10 16:06:39)

RTT entertainment wrote:

hi, I don't think I will purchase this game. I will explain why. Firstly, and I am not trying to criticise you, when games like this get released, they are normally very short experiences that take about one hour to complete. Okay, maybe not so short, but still. Secondly, there are never any new updates. What happens if one of the iOS versions of the game gets outdated? We will never be able to play the game again. The user code system is bad. If you lose the use of code, and you have already used it five times. You can basically never play the game again. I know this is for security, but there's no point. I lost my blind gladiator  user code, and because I don't know how to unzip files, the game always loses the user information. I don't know why.  I really think you guys should make more story based games as well.  why not put the games on steam. That way, if we ever lose the games, we don't have to purchase them again. Can you please send me a private message with my blind gladiator user codes? I also purchased a few other games from you guys. One of them being that detective game. Can I please get that game as well? I p purchased the detective game in October 2015 I think. If you need the email address, I can give it to you. And sorry if this comes off a bit harshly.

Hi RTT entertainment,
We use the user code system to protect our products from "pirates".
I've submitted your problems to Mirko, our DB guru and he will work to make possible for you to install and play our games on your devices!

If anyone else had problems with old ticonblu audiogames activations or with our new audiogames please contact our assistence or report the problem to: [email protected]

Greetings,

Simone

2017-09-10 16:12:20

RTT entertainment wrote:

Hello RTT,
please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Mirko - Audiogames Association

2017-09-10 17:31:18

I can see where it would cost some time and a bit of money to produce a demo, but not a lot, you're just allowing them to play one level with maybe one or two bikes. More people would buy your game if you did that. Honestly, it seems as though you guys are more interested in making excuses than customer relations, and producing top quality products. Let me tell you that if you continue down this path, you will not grow your business, nor will you be successful. Audiogames are a small market, a niche market. For you to be successful, you need to do things other games don't do, you need to stand out, you need to be on your A game. This means amazing gameplay, sound design is good, but great gameplay mechanics that feel well balanced and realistic is more important to me. I am not sure how many other people feel that way too, but I do.

Another fact is that you have a reputation now, and not a great one. You need to work to turn this around, and turn it around quickly, or your business will not survive. you need to find ways to improve sound design, game mechanics, and replayability, these all factor into the experience, and you want your user experience to be good.

This is a sink and swim moment for your company, what will they do, will you guys pull things together, stop making excuses to the community, start improving things, fixing bugs, releasing updates, maybe LC, etc. Or will you continue on the same path, and eventually, you'll end up circling the drain.

Man, I want every developer to succeed so we all have good games to play. So, I say this not to be a troll, but to hopefully show you where you are now, to help you improve, and get things on the right track. And I'm sure you want that too, you want your dreams to come true, you want to succeed, or why ever even start doing it. So I say this with no malice, or ill will at you or your company. And, I know it sounds harsh, and it is, but its the truth, and the truth isn't always an easy pill to swallow.

With that, I sincerely wish you a good day, and hope that you can turn things around for your company.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-09-10 18:58:17

i agree churning out games that all seem based on the same idea, to me isn't original enough, can't wait for chapter 4 of the inquisitor as admittedly whilst bugs exist in the current games, they make you think.

2017-09-10 20:12:38

Hi.

Glad to hear about the new game, though racing is less my thing, however I will say I am a little worried about the status of Blind gladiator particularly, as currently the IPhone version of the game is not playable owing to the fact that central attacks cannot be blocked or avoided. I am also not sure what the current status of audio speed is since again the Ios version of that one didn't work as well.

The bugs were fixed in Space encounter and now I enjoy the game occasionally for a quick bit of arcade fun,  I am a little concerned about new releases when the old ones  aren't entirely water tight,  I am certainly interested in more games from Audio It and will definitely be buying the new inquisitor maze game when it comes out as I love rpgs and have enjoyed what I've played so far in the inquisitor series.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-10 21:10:44

Regarding audiospeed, some monts ago, like in november, I gaved my phone to a friend and he said, I have a surprise for you and he installed in my phone this audio speed thing.
That is an awesome game, but I lost it. I do not know if it was free, purchased or something, but I liked it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-09-10 21:48:43

well, in italy you're the only company that develope these products. i am italian  and i know, that for many others like me that don't know this froum the only way to get an audiogame is going on your website. or atleast the only way.
so.... i think, instead of a test run or an audio match etc.
well, if you wouldlike can i contact you privately? i wouldlike to ask some things.
REGARDS!

Paul

2017-09-10 22:53:36

dousi96 wrote:

Currently we cant afford the developement of a DEMO version !

I'm sorry, but this comment makes you sound like a scammer. For the record, I'm not saying you're a scammer. but that's the impression your stance on this gives.
If you had spent the time you spent reading and responding to these comments on creating the demo instead, you'd have already had it done. Just disable everything you don't want people to be able to access in the demo, put it out and b I n g o! done.
If the quality of your code base is decent, this should not be hard to do. but if your against doing it on principle alone, it suggests that you have something to hide. so if that's not the case, you should turn this around or admit defeat.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-09-10 22:55:27

For myself I brought the game after some issues buying it.
Well what to say.
Sounds are as expected.
Music as always is good.
Gameplay, well when I hear the beeps to turn do I turn towards them or away and in audio rally racing when I turned I heard my breaks squeel and if I didn't turn fast enough I'd pan about then smash and get a dammaged message, I don't seem to get the notifications like I do in audio rally racing.
As for replayability, I have to semi disagree.
In space encounter, audiospeed and audio rally racing I found I still play the games.
Now I don't play them every day, or every month but I do play them once or twice a year.
Sadly I do agree with what others are saying.
Almost the same format for just about every game.
And yeah there are other issues.
One thing to note with the ticonblue games is that ios is going 64 bit soonish so you guys better have all games updated at least to 64 bit else no one will be able to play them.
I have always brought your games then again I have always brought games from breakerbox to even though they have disapeared which is a pitty because their stuff was good even if they couldn't get their dates right.
Being part of a small company sonnar myself I do realise the challenges how things shift, etc.
We are not imune to slowdowns or even silences from time to time.
However and this is a big but, with all the issues in all titles so far the bugs not being fixed, all the extras discussed above, I must admit, when I buy your stuff its not oh wow another game from ticonblue it is ok fine another game, I need to buy because of no demo lets see if its worth it or not.
Flairstar being scifi was really up with me but I never completed it I never got through it once just couldn't play it right or navigate or anything.
I couldn't complete inquisitor 1 properly either one part without cheating and the rest well.
I never liked that theme, shiennwa was nice but again, I had to go up and down looking for things and while I still play it its usually when I don't have much else to play.
These things you say may not be excuses but they are getting old fast.
I am not as harsh since I am also in a startup, but your stuff has a distinct pattern to it, and it may not be the profile you would want is all.

2017-09-11 00:26:05

Trajectory wrote:
dousi96 wrote:

I'm sorry, but this comment makes you sound like a scammer. For the record, I'm not saying you're a scammer. but that's the impression your stance on this gives.
If you had spent the time you spent reading and responding to these comments on creating the demo instead, you'd have already had it done. Just disable everything you don't want people to be able to access in the demo, put it out and b I n g o! done.
If the quality of your code base is decent, this should not be hard to do. but if your against doing it on principle alone, it suggests that you have something to hide. so if that's not the case, you should turn this around or admit defeat.

Hi Trajectory,

We know that the people want a demo version and many our games have it (like: Audio Rally Racing), but right now i think that a demo is not our priority. Right now we are in a "open version" of our game and we want to improve it with the feedback that it will receive from our customers.

We are active on this (and others) community in order to stay in touch with the community and to receive feedbacks from it.
As developer, i can say to you that is not so easy to create a demo version, all the buyers of the first open version will say to you that we don't sell a product different from that of the trailer.

Thanks for your thought,
Simone

2017-09-11 00:28:53

pauliyobo wrote:

well, in italy you're the only company that develope these products. i am italian  and i know, that for many others like me that don't know this froum the only way to get an audiogame is going on your website. or atleast the only way.
so.... i think, instead of a test run or an audio match etc.
well, if you wouldlike can i contact you privately? i wouldlike to ask some things.
REGARDS!

Hi pauliyobo,

Sure, If you wanna contact us please write a mail to: [email protected]
We want to know your opinion and your hits for our games!

Ciao,
Simone

2017-09-11 00:30:23

Dark wrote:

Hi.

Glad to hear about the new game, though racing is less my thing, however I will say I am a little worried about the status of Blind gladiator particularly, as currently the IPhone version of the game is not playable owing to the fact that central attacks cannot be blocked or avoided. I am also not sure what the current status of audio speed is since again the Ios version of that one didn't work as well.

The bugs were fixed in Space encounter and now I enjoy the game occasionally for a quick bit of arcade fun,  I am a little concerned about new releases when the old ones  aren't entirely water tight,  I am certainly interested in more games from Audio It and will definitely be buying the new inquisitor maze game when it comes out as I love rpgs and have enjoyed what I've played so far in the inquisitor series.

In the next days you will know more about the new "Inquisitor" game.
Stay tuned on https://www.facebook.com/AudiogameIT/ for more news about it!

Bye

2017-09-11 02:37:28

Trajectory wrote:
dousi96 wrote:

yeah I agree with this. having no demo version and the teaser being nothing more than sounds and someone talking don't really show off anyway. sorry, but I will not be blindly throwing out money hoping it's good. even a 5 minutes of gameplay preview would be nice.

2017-09-11 05:46:19

dousi96 wrote:
Trajectory wrote:
dousi96 wrote:

Hi Trajectory,

We know that the people want a demo version and many our games have it (like: Audio Rally Racing), but right now i think that a demo is not our priority. Right now we are in a "open version" of our game and we want to improve it with the feedback that it will receive from our customers.

We are active on this (and others) community in order to stay in touch with the community and to receive feedbacks from it.
As developer, i can say to you that is not so easy to create a demo version, all the buyers of the first open version will say to you that we don't sell a product different from that of the trailer.

Thanks for your thought,
Simone

I'm a developer. To be fair I have yet to develop a game for the public, but nonetheless I'm a developer outside of this community. So I ask you, why is it so hard to create a demo version?
You expect "customers", but you don't want to take a few steps to give them proof that the game actually exists as advertised?
Why do you think that people are going to be willing to take that big of a risk on blind faith?
I think you're setting yourself up for a completely unnecessary and easily preventable failure. That's your prerogative if that's what you want to do, it's your product to do with as you please. but you're shooting yourself in the foot by creating such an unfavourable first impression for yourself.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-09-11 07:42:24

Hi Simone, re post 32.
Thanks for your reply. I didn't realized that you are new people behind the team. That's good to know that you're focusing on updates and improvements as well. I look forward to follow the development of the game, and look forward to hear about any updates in the future. I will buy the game if I find the updates worth it.
Regarding the new Inquisitor game, I look very much forward to this. I hope this is worth playing, also when not having completed Inquisitor 3.
Regarding a demo version, well, that's your decision. Now you have heard peoples thoughts on this, and you know you might make more people to buy your games if they could try a demo version first.
Keep up the great job guys.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen