2017-09-10 20:06:23 (edited by Warcat 2019-02-22 13:32:52)

Hi,
I've found a new game today which is called "graffi's rock band". this game is similar to guitar hero, which is a video game where you play the correct notes wich are shown on the screen.
In this game you have to play your selected instrument in the rhythm of the song. You can play the guitar, the electric bass or the drums. I've only tested the drums and bass so far.
The game and my translation for it can be found at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g91gmh2urcfy4 … nd.7z?dl=1
The main site is:
http://www.graffigames.cl/2017/08/graff … and-1.html
all the instructions are in the game.
I will post the translated manual here if anyone wants some more detailed instructions. Feel free to ask me how this game works.

2017-09-10 20:12:40

ok, how does this game work

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-09-10 20:31:47 (edited by Warcat 2017-09-10 20:47:57)

when you start the game it asks you for the language. choose english or spanish.
Then you go to "play" and select your pack, difficulty and other things. when you come to a tutorial you have to press enter. if it says "press accept" it means you should press enter and "exit" means escape key. the tutorial will explain everything you need to do. I forgot to mention that "pause" is the space bar.

2017-09-10 21:58:57

so, how do you create packs?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-09-10 22:01:54

hi
i haven't found that out yet. there is a pack creator menu. i will have to go through the manual. i think you copy the songs you want into the songs folder and then you have to set the beats. you can do this in the pack creator. but i'll see what i can find out.

2017-09-10 22:16:07

This game is very good.. Its very well done and the songs are nice.

2017-09-11 01:08:52

Hi,
Can you please link to the translated manual, if it's ready? Otherwise I'll have to run it through Google Translate, which might work, but a human translator is always better smile

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-09-11 02:31:12

So yeah when I ran this Windows Defender told me it had found some trojan, just fyi

2017-09-11 09:11:17 (edited by Warcat 2017-09-11 09:12:25)

hi
@post 8: this game is developed in bgt. most antivirus programs say that bgt games are viruses or something like that...
@post 7: I will start translating the manual today and will post here when i am finished with it.

2017-09-11 21:28:50

Yes, bgt, but after I puted it in my bgt games folder, it said some tipe of trojan, so, what ever, I will try to play with it much when it will run!

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-09-11 23:13:47

So interestingly enough antivirus has never flagged any of my games as having viruses and they are also written in BGT. Windows defender flagged this as being a trojan. Anyone have more info on what would cause this. is there maybe a particular code block or function people are using?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-09-11 23:36:30

Cool game. The gameplay gets a bit boring, but a nice idea. Started translating it as well. No worries guys it's not a trojan, don't believe in every small thing your antivirus tells you.

2017-09-12 02:46:05

When I run the game I get this error.
Error
Language files not found in directory media/language. Los archivos de idioma no
se encontraron en el directorio media/language
OK

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-09-12 03:04:01

Hmmm download the game again I guess.
You should have the language files allready.
Sadly some bgt games are detected by some antivirus programs as malware.
On win7 I just exclude as they become a problem.
However on win10, I am seriously thinking of having a folder for stuff that I know is not malware called unprocessed or something, I will first run the file to see if it is in fact malware normally but if its a game I will put it in a temperary location where I can run without it being scanned then later put it in its own folder and exclude it.
Sadly I think a lot of script based code is flagged by default as harmfull probably because it potentially could be, that includes autoit, java and bgt, and at one stage a certain version of the nvda compilers for python was detected as a virus.
It doesn't happen for all games though so for all we know it could be a certain thing or function.
I had this with a chinese installer once for a game, it always said it was malware, the game ran fine.
I got round that by making the installer in innosetup.
I do wander to be honest how much it is to get a personal certifficate, no one will be able to afford any professional signing certs for well their pro projects especially if they are a small company.
Then again all we need is a certifficate or something that says that we are a trusted company and not anything untoward.
However there must be a way.
I do wander if you could use a gpg or other key to sign your stuff for free or something or low cost.
It wouldn't give us the flexability of say a signed whatever with all our blurbs, contact details company name, email address, etc, but I do wander what a minimal cert would cost.
It doesn't even have to be for uac or admin access it just needs to be a dummy file to say stuff is ok.
Then again if hackers could do that then you would have a problem.
And in addition to certifficates expiring they do get stolen or companies do mangle releases from time to time.
I do wander though if an indevidual cert could be made, we don't need it to do much except get past security really.
I do wander how those at nvda do it as nvda needs to run in uac and a few other things and nvaccess is opensource.

2017-09-12 04:15:43

I redownloaded it and it still gives me the error. The only thing in the language folder are 2 text documents.

2017-09-12 09:28:00

hi
the language files are in the media\language folder. they work for me and for others as well. I don't really know what the problem might be.

2017-09-12 10:56:32

Maybe you didn't extract the game to a folder before running and just tried running directly from the zip archive.

2017-09-12 11:19:03

Hi,
I tried to choose my language, but no keys worked. Do I need to have Spanish keyboard selected?

2017-09-12 13:43:25

hi.
here is the game again with my trnslated manual
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywo6jv1eqj69a … 29.7z?dl=1
for the people who have problems with the game: I do not know what could cause it. try downloading the game from the link above and extract it into a folder.

2017-09-12 14:04:39

Still can't play it. Downloaded it and extracted to a folder. Deleted the Spanish language file, and it goes ot the main menu. No key inputs are accepted.

2017-09-12 14:51:04

@david
does the same thing happen when the spanish language file is still in the language folder?

2017-09-12 16:53:41

Yes, it does. I even tried just using Sapi, and still no luck. Hmm.

2017-09-12 17:12:45

1: Do not use jaws with that, use nvda.
2: I retried puting in my exceptions folder and now it is ok.
I really like it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-09-12 17:32:18

Um, I didn't even say I was using Jaws. Sigh.

2017-09-12 19:00:38

Hmm and yes I know how to extract a file thanks that's not the issue.