2017-09-08 13:28:32

This super excessive dustin spambot whatever has now been banned. Some of it's posts are still at large though I forgot to view all posts at once. So I'm now fixing that as well. This one's gonna take a while. It seemingly loved the sonus topic going utterly nuts posting post after post about some sort of numerology and providing tons and tons and I do mean tons of random links, even a link labeled 2008. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. This bot had around 30 posts under it's belt when I first found it. Why wasn't it restricted? Simple, it was registered before that system came into play and chose today to strike.
On that note, I hope we can now go back to discussion of the Sonus.

2017-09-08 15:26:55

Super!

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-09-08 23:35:12

Well done. I find it interesting that they programmed this one to put a location in, unless that was a paid human spammer which is quite possible. With all that said and done, we are now free to discuss the Sonus without anymore interruptions from this disruptive hooligan. Lol!

2017-09-10 17:34:36

Is there a website to follow this more closely?

2017-09-10 20:02:40

Yes, look in the first post!

2017-09-11 22:40:37

Looooool. I googled it with no luck. Made my life so much harder.

2017-09-11 22:55:18

When are we going to get an audio demo of this thing. I really want to know what it sounds like.

2017-09-11 23:02:14

There are a few game demos available with the original prototype, but they're a bit dated.

2017-09-12 15:14:40

Hi, I was wondering if you could please give us the honour of working on the launch title for this product? It would be a great honour. Also, will this console be able to play proper games? Or will they just be  arcade games?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-09-12 16:11:53

When looking at the gamemaker tool, it seems that you can make quite complex games for the console.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-12 17:07:20

Here you go:
http://www.sonusinteractive.co.uk will be re-opening and will be updated with all the latest

2017-09-19 11:10:38

Hi guys, sorry I have been unresponsive in this thread, since the G D E was lauched for testing I have mostly been in the developer section. but I'm collecting feedback regarding scrapping th cartridge idea and would like input from everyone I can.

My new idea to battle piracy is for the sonus to look for a code on the games usb stick that will only work with that particular console. This means games would all have to be downloaded or purchased from one location which could generate the codes, like a play store.
People can make games and uplaod them to the play store, and select if they want them to be free or if they want to sell them. When downloaded we generate a code to be downloaded as well. This means each Sonus would need a serial number that would be entered whenever downloading a game to make sure they get the right code to make the game work. Or alternatively we will also have an automated phone system for non-internet users who can order games to be delivered on a usb stick with the code already on it.

What are our thoughts on this idea, I believe it would be easier from my side and it puts all the library of games in one place for easy shopping. Its also an easier distribution system to publish your games rather than advertising and marketing them yourselves.

please let me know what you think, thank you guys

2017-09-19 13:49:56

This sounds like a great idea. And free games would absolutely not have the serial number/registration code to deal with, just the paid ones? That actually works great. It's probably the least invasive drm system there can be for this console. And if you wanna order as a gift for a friend, no problem, just enter their serial number and have them download the game, or, if they don't have a computer, you could send it to them on a usb stick in person, have them use the phone automation,  or what have you. That said, if the cartridge system is to be scrapped, would there be an sd card slot in its place? I just don't think people would really like to be playing a game with this usb drive sticking out of the machine If I understand it correctly, if someone orders the game on a usb drive, if they have an sd card at their disposal, could they copy the game over to the card since it' s just a standard usb drive? IN other words, is the key file, the encrypted one probably, stored on the usb stick with the game itself?

2017-09-19 18:10:01

Yeh, sd cards are tini and better than sticks!

2017-09-19 23:42:33

True. Matter of fact, nintendo 3ds did away with usb sticks and instead has an sd card slot in its place. Doubt the card could store games on it though, it seems to be just for the camera component. If the Sonus let you access everything, your games, your media, on one card, that would be great. To constitute this there could be a reserved games folder, kind of like how the Victor Reader talking book players have reserved folders that it looks to, $vrmusic for your music, $vrdtb for your talking books, etc. The idea is to name the folder in such a way that it can't be easily confused with others. $sgcgames for example? In addition, there could then be an explorer like interface that can access any folder on the card to play media files or what have you. And the usb port can still be there as an option. Actually, here's an idea. You did mention not having wifi support, and that's obviously understandable, it does cut costs after all. Unless your development board is a Raspberry Pi model3b or any similar environment, in which case wifi is built in. But the usb port could be used for a wifi dongle. You could put things like score posting and, if possible, an interface to the store, with the understanding that the customer provides the wireless interface in question. As I understand it there is only one usb port. I wonder if one of those keyboards that function as usb hubs can handle a wifi dongle? If not, connect the wifi dongle and keyboard to a powered hub and then connect the hub to the usb port. Unless you also plan to have a usb OTG port as well for things like firmware updates, in which people could use a short usb cable to connect a keyboard to. The way I understand it, you'd also like to market the console to some folks who may not have a computer. Well, what if they could download their games through the console itself provided thy were directed as to where to get a wifi dongle?

2017-09-20 07:45:11

I like the idea. That'll make things much more flexible in many ways

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-05-21 20:46:11

Hi all,

Its been a while since I've been on these forums but I like to keep returning when I can. You have all given so much help and feedback over this projects development. We have finally moved into the manufacturment stage, or at least the manufacturing of a proper prototype to showcase off at various conventions or wherever we can. The work began a few weeks ago and I am working with them to try and make the console as user firendly and easy to use as possible. So the project is going well and I cant wait to start taking it out in its nearly finished form.

Again thank you all for your help. The G D E (Game development enviroment) has also gone through a lot of changes, many bug fixes and now projects can atually be shared with each other as audio load paths are now relative to the project file, this does mean however that all audio must be within the project file directory or a sub directory.

I've tried to make the website more screen reader friendly, I was using NVDA to test it and found I had made a lot of mistake.

I Thought I would pop on and give out an update for anyone still interesting the project and as always any questions or queries I am all ears, thank you all, it looks like the sonus has a bright future ahead of it.

2018-05-22 00:14:23

Awesome dude!
Don't forget to shop it around to Gortholon, siteless kombat and superblindman, Liam Erven, MegaTgarrett, and blackscreengaming.
I bet some indi game sites would be interested too, along with some of the bigger blind sites like blindbargains, coolblindtech, AFB, and all the others I'm missing.
I know you won't have many prototypes at first, but since you'll probably get most coverage from CSUN if you can make it their or have someone bring it and show it off at their booth for you, than you have time to cycle the units around between the big guys.

2018-05-22 01:52:41

I think that this is really cool.
If you can try to reach out to some of the main stream companies such as EA sports.
I would like to see some fighting games, football games and other types of games for this system.
I most likely will get one.

2018-05-22 07:34:30

Thanks for the great and exciting news. It would be awesome if you can join the Sight City Fair in Frankfurt next year. Sight City is the worlds biggest fair, only with products for blind and visual impaired people.
http://www.sightcity.net/en/
Keep up the fantastic job.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-05-22 15:49:33

Probably my mother will not want to buy one, but I will convince her for sure.
So, awesome news and glad to hear from you again.

2018-05-23 04:44:08

I would love to test one of those out please.

2018-05-23 15:36:55

Wow, this definitely sounds interesting. I've actually thought about this kind of thing on and off for years, but not being a very technical person I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start. My hope is that we'll be able to develop RPG's for this thing. That's my favorite genre of games and I've always felt that our market lacks a truly fair representation of what said genre has to offer. That said I do also like a good fight every now and then so fighting games would also not be unwelcome. And being just on the verge of being debt free I could probably save up to buy one should it come to fruition. One does hope, however, that it won't be too expensive.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-05-23 18:52:19

In other news I've checked out the web site and even went so far as to download the GDE. It does seem a little complex but not so much that I feel completely overwhelmed. I also signed up to be informed when the Sonus becomes available, although I didn't see anything on the form that asked for a country. I assume that info will be requested at the time of availability. From the demo on YouTube though, I can tell this has potential. Admittedly I was rather skeptical given the disaster that was the Audio Game Maker of 2007, which purported to be able to enable those without programming knowledge to create their own games. Unfortunately it was so limited in what it could do and had so many bugs that any projects you might create with it were almost unplayable. Even some of the simpler ideas I had seemed well beyond the scope of what the AGM could do.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-05-24 05:42:05

Ok, so I've been playing around with the Sonus GDE in an effort to see if I can at least create something that works. But I've run into a problem that doesn't seem to be addressed in any of the tutorials. The tutorial for the Counter program seems to imply that when you open the development environment you can just start adding game objects. But when I try it says no project loaded. Ok, so I create a new project and then try to add a game object. Unfortunately I get an error that says a folder must be selected. So I'm not clear what to do. I realize it may be a bit premature but I figure it couldn't hurt to at least try to get a hang of it.