2017-09-10 02:36:53

I have heard in the news in the last few days at the very least that zello was being use on to fill some of the communications needs in the area. I found it interesting that a app on my phone that seen very little use from me that others are getting a lot of use out of over the last few weeks. This does bring up some interesting questions. For example, is me listening to the channels being used taking up space that someone else need? If it was just tuning into to this on an old fashion radio, that question would not come up.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-09-10 04:12:27 (edited by magurp244 2017-09-10 04:23:42)

Unlikely. Zello requires an active internet connection to work, either through wifi or cellular towers so the capacity is designed to be quite large. Upwards of 8 million monthly unique users use Zello, with 100 million registered users.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-09-11 15:37:54

First of all, here is the channel i have been listening to some. I guess that part of what brought that question up is that I thought I saw somewhere were they had something along the lines of a thousand users per channel or something. It is pretty amazing when it comes to some of the roomers that went around about zello. There was one roomer, faulse but still, where zello didn't need an internet connection. Of course it does, but some thought that for some reason. I have heard where people would use turms loke "over" or "over and out". To me, the beeps that I set on my end lets me know when you are done talking and I do get tired of people saying over and out when they tend to stay around a little while longer. To me, that term leads me to believe you are clearing out to go take care of things or some thing, but that is miner when it comes down to why the app is being used. On the other hand, I hear of more people on this form using TeamTalk over zello. Just wondering what the reasoning behind that is? is it become of people wanting to run their own server? Not that it is wrong or anything.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral