2017-09-07 01:25:54

I once heard about a program called voco or something where you could take a sample of somebody speaking and change what they say. This has also been done on youtube, there is a channel dirty potter that does this. My question is, is there any accessible program that allows you to take a recording of somebody speaking and change what they say?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-08 18:56:21

the way this is done is not anywhere near as simple as clicking a button and typing something. If you want to use actual speech samples from actual recordings and resplice them, you have to be really good at trimming, timing, splitting, and listening. The way it's done is you take out a segment of the speech you want, such as the ch sound at the end of a word, and stick it on another word. Make sure everything balances best it can, if you listen to dirty potter you can tell it's been spliced by the broken intonation.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-09-09 02:16:58

Zeah sometimes it sounds like a tts voice or something. I guess you could use audacity or something like that?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-09 04:19:08

Yeah

Pics or it didn’t happen

2017-09-09 17:07:00

Hi, I actually did this a few years ago. I used Studio Recorder, and I recorded each vowel and consonant and alabelled them with the DECtalk phoneme system so I could keep track of of the sounds.
If you want to say Hello, I'd record the huh sound and call it hx.wav, and eh would be called eh.wav, and the l consonant would be called l.wav, and the oh sound would be called ow.wav. Then I can concantate them manually with Sutdio Recorder and delete any uncessary pauses and make it sound pretty close. I wish I had a sample, but they're mostly gone by now.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy