2017-09-08 22:49:05 (edited by Liam 2017-09-16 15:52:23)

Version 1.1 is here supporting several languages. Make sure you uninstall and reinstall after downloading if you already have the game installed.

LWorks has a brand new game for Windows to play. Meet Blinded Guide.
Guide Blind Bob through his dangerous neighborhood as you avoid obstacles like trash cans, poles, sewer, and more. Can you get the best score?
With plenty of ways to injure yourself, awesome sound effects, and catchy music, this will be a game you'll want to play again and again. Or at least we hope you will.
Get the game for free now at http://l-works.net/blindedguide.php

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-09-08 22:49:58

i can not wait to play it.
I listened the demo, and it sounds cool

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-09-08 23:13:06

Oh that's cool, have read about it before release and will give it a go. Oh by the way, might seem off topic but, congrats for being a Business monkey lol.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-09-09 00:14:39

I've already got it. Thank you so much for this!

2017-09-09 00:24:50

Hahaha! So random thanks!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-09-09 01:33:48

Thank you so much Liam, this is an awesome game! I'm really enjoying it smile

Cristian.

2017-09-09 02:24:57

this is pretty cool

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-09-09 03:24:04

Well done Liam. So far the best I've done is level 6 on hard. Not really messing with the lower difficulties.

2017-09-09 06:13:12

Hi.
Well, I am sticking to the hard difficultz, the others are to slow for my taste. I have tryed the game for some time now and like it up to a point, but there are certain things that could need improovement, for example at leased for me, the path always seams generic, always with two poles in the beginning, and basically the same, you can easily avoid them by walking on the grassy arria, sure, you need to deviate from the path some times, but still, it's sort of monotone because avoiding objects doesn't give any points, so you can just walk by them.
A system where the path is dynamicly generated, a system where when you pass an object really close, you get more points for example would make the game interesteing.
Curretnly, it doesnt keep me hooked.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-09-09 08:20:07

Hi liam, this is such a cool game, keep up the good work

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-09-09 09:35:11

I like it! So far I came to I think it was level 3 or 4, where there was a tree and a sewer next to it. The first time, I've tried to avoid an Oliver from tearing me apart, and then I've bumped into a tree. The second time, I've tried to avoid tree instead, but then I fell down into the sewer. I'll keep playing it.

2017-09-09 15:09:56 (edited by musicalman 2017-09-09 15:12:42)

I really do enjoy this game a lot! A nice touch is that the level seems to be generated before the level actually starts, which means that if you die, you get to retry the same level again and get past that difficult spot. I'm still pretty scared of the bikes, I normally just try to stay on the grass when one is close to me, but I'm not sure if that's the best strategy. It seems to work so long as I pick the safest side, similar to what I do with the construction work. Is that the best strategy for bikes or do you have other ideas?

Here is a recording of me playing the game. This is an anyaudio link, so if you're into that sort of thing, do like/comment if you want, I like to know what people think of my stuff. In this recording I played the game on easy difficulty. I made it to level 14! I will try to do recordings of higher difficulties later. Suffice it to say that Bob was breaking sprinting records! So that must mean I made a good bit of progress in getting him through his crazy neighborhood. I swear the people in this neighborhood all have some sort of prejudice toward blind people. Oh let's place this here, and that there, surely that'll get the blindy this time and he'll be out of our sight. We've long been out of his, after all. big_smile

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-09-09 15:40:41

Mority, once you get to having multiple obstacles, more to the point sewers and trees, it'll start getting harder. Keep in mind that challenge mode is also a future mode of play.

2017-09-09 16:35:36

jack wrote:

Keep in mind that challenge mode is also a future mode of play.

Where'd you see this? Any ideas about what that will entail?

2017-09-09 16:59:38

126 out of 125 points? Guess that means I did good. lol

2017-09-09 23:02:59

Yeah, it does that if you don't move to the side at all in a level. Not sure why. Lol
Also I was really bored and decided to see if the level ended after so many steps or if it was distance-based. Turns out that thankfully it is the latter; you can't move side to side to bypass dealing with obstacles and complete the level without traveling the required forward distance.

2017-09-09 23:15:45

correct. Each level is a certainly distance long. and walking side to side is just a horible idea since you'll lose points like crazy

2017-09-10 03:21:29 (edited by defender 2017-09-10 03:27:11)

I love the death sounds rofl, nice job Liam, you never fail in the humor department.
My favorite is the fire hydrant, obviously, and the jack hammer, though the tree is pretty good too, just because of how absurd it is.

I wish the pole had a more clonk type of sound, more hollo, it would make it funnier.
It would be nice if in hard difficulty especially, it wasn't possible to just stay on 9x and avoid pretty much everything, either the trees could sometimes extend more, or maybe the trash can's and such could more often end up at 9, as right now the only real dangers are construction sites.

Nice little game, don't know if it has much replay value for me personally, but the randomization is cool and obviously the deaths are amazing.
Wish it could be modded though... But I understand the wish to protect your sounds and voice, and the difficulty vs reward for coding a encryption friendly modding framework for such a small project.
If it ever becomes an option though, I'd think about taking your cues from Oriol's games, his system seems to work pretty well.

Oh and, thanks for putting your update notification in the first post, I hate it when devs don't do that and expect people to search through the hole thing, not that this topic is big yet but... Either way.

2017-09-10 04:15:46

Hi.
Two things.
first, is that Oliver dog based on a dog in your naiborhood or was that just a random idea from you?
We actually had a dog like that around for some years, strangely though while I could savely aproach and pet and play with him, he always barked at others.
secondly, I think we need a higher difficulty, the running speed on hard is still to slow for my taste in the first levels you know?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-09-10 04:44:59

So the dog is actually named for the dog who lives next door to my girlfriend. I'll see if I can make a crazy difficulty level for the next update. Keep suggestions coming.

2017-09-10 09:46:18

What is the challenge mode

2017-09-10 15:50:41 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-09-10 16:02:50)

Hay Liam, awesome game so far.
Three questions.
1. Is their going to be another mode besides arcade?
I'm asking because you put the arcade mode option on the menu, and if that was the only game mode, most people would have just put something like start game.
2. Is their going to be a learn sounds menu?
I'm asking because I really don't want to run into every obstical, just to find out what it is.
3. What speech synth did you use, and is it free?
I was looking for something like that for my AAC stage to replace the sAPI4 voice in one level with something, decidedly more 80s-sounding.
Edit; I just installed the latest version, and, what'd you know, their's a learn sounds menu... so, yeah, thanks in advance?
Later!

2017-09-10 15:59:15

Mine uses nvda and this is elocuence!

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-09-10 16:36:20

Ah, I just tried the game and lots of fun, I particularly like the death sounds and sarcy quotes.
I was also rather pleased that my first go I got to level eight with a score of 1053 out of a possible 1110, though I actually admit at the end I just got blind bob killed to see what happen if he got squished by a car.

Lots of fun and a nice stress stress reliever, thanks again Liam.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-10 19:27:17

While this game is fun for a while, it gets rather boring after a while. It is still an interesting concept, though. But what I think it lacks primarily are items. For example, all you're doing right now is stepping left or right. But think about it: Items for temporary invincibility, a cane item that will vault you over a particularly tough section or another cane that batters objects aside, because face it, who doesn't use their cane for a bit of abuse from time to time? I think other obstacles could be nice too, such as maybe scooters and other toys left on the sidewalk by kids that will trip you, so it'll make you walk for ward for about ten steps without being able to turn which could make it far, far more challenging.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.