2017-09-03 20:47:17

I'm just curious if it is possible to route a braillenote touch since it is running android

Pics or it didn’t happen

2017-09-03 22:32:19

Yes and no. It's possible to put the su binary into /system/xbin, actually rooting it though? Not sure. Kernel may not allow it.

2017-09-04 03:16:59

The kernel can't "disallow" it. It's all at the bootloader/flash memory level -- not the kernel level. So yes, it's possible, but unlocking the bootloader may not be possible, thereby making rooting it impossible.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-09-04 16:33:06

The Su binary can absolutely be copied into the card. Super SU, however, won't be unlocked, or it doesn't seem to be able to be unlocked. Adb reboot bootloader isn't doing us any good, since it doesn't seem to actually load the bootloader, or doesn't show any indication of doing so. ON the other hand, Texas Instruments Omap4 cpu? I don't think that's a fastboot device anyway.

2017-09-04 17:52:48

I did root my BN Touch with a root app... I'm not sure if I remember the app I used. I tried it with the latest KeySoft update, and it seems Humanware did something to prevent rooting.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-09-04 18:08:59

Was it Kingo root? And it may not have been Humanware, that app may very well be luck-based.

2017-09-05 17:50:03

Yeah, it was Kingo root.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-09-06 08:24:12

I don't think Keysoft supports the newer versions of Android. So I could imagine a pretty much broken Braille note touch if you try to root it. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-07 01:24:36

Android 4.4 can be rooted without having anything to do with newer versions of android, but good luck trying to put Lineage OS on there, lol.