2017-09-02 10:54:08

@pokeboss
I beleive the /storehint command is a little bit broken, so keep walking around the area where it doesn't work, until you hear the store. once you are on it's tile, press y to use yourself, and press enter, then, you can go to 5 5 0, and press enter in there and it'll tell you what to do next. Just note though, unlike some many games, the store is no safe zone, meaning that other players can kill you, put traps in there and what not, and of course you can do the same.
HTH

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-09-02 13:11:58

Redspot is not newbie friendly for everyone. smile There are actually different opinions on this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-02 17:30:10

I think people should start out with a bike by default because when you log on, if there is a really skilled player with a bunch of stuff going around fighting, you can't get away from them if they have a bike which, if they're all buffed up, they probably do. And by probably I mean there's a 95% chance. So by that point you're basically just relying on their kindness and or laziness to stay alive long enough to collect anything.
So my suggestion: make it so that players start out with 1 bike, and 3 invisibility shields in their inventory. This way they can give themselves at least somewhat of a fighting chance, and or maybe locate the store before getting blasted by a really buffed up player.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-09-02 23:51:11

only thing that you can do is stay out of there path. I think that a bike wouldn't help because you are just going at the same spad, and with invisibility  shields they can just lissonyour footsteps and get a a  little bit clear idea where you are, enough to be neer you  when you are no longer  invisible.
kind regards,
Aleksandar

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-09-03 20:16:48

Not true. With a bike you have a fighting chance of getting away because as you said you'd be moving at the same speed. This means you could go straight passed them in the opposite direction, don an invisibility shield, and bike the hell out of there. I've done it before many times, and it's practically impossible for even the best players to catch up because you're moving so fast in sporadic directions without a way of being tracked.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2017-09-03 21:13:14

yeah, i do agree that some starting items would make the game allot more newb friendly.

2017-09-03 21:55:58

then, those starting items would simply become the new lowest, and before you know it you'll have people complaining that 1000 health is too low to start with, that they should get 15 shields upon spawning and whatnot.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-09-03 22:35:47

have to agree with conner. if you are given something by default, then people will ask for goodness know what, by the same logic as they have got the bike and invisibility shield in the first place

2017-09-03 23:45:34

Redspot is 50% newbie friendly I guess

2017-09-04 00:33:21

50% newbie friendly? I would say 0%

2017-09-04 21:48:44

er... Connor? I'm not really sure where that logic comes from, but it's quite a slippery slope if you ask me. Having a couple starter items to get away from op players so you can grab a couple things before fighting would not further endorse people to complain about starting hp and shields being too low. Firstly they've already and still to this day do it, and second I don't see how giving them items which would give them a bit more of a chance at survival would cause them to beg for more. And if some people did beg for more starter stats if this change were implemented, would it really be the end of the world? Or, could Sam just ignore them and decide not to do it?

2017-09-04 23:08:15

it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it will make them think that Sam doesn't care so will just give up on the game. at leest I think that's what conner  is thinking.

2017-09-05 01:05:51

Lol? He bypasses suggestions all the time. All game devs do it. big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

2017-09-05 14:00:29

So I usually don't have a problem with any of these weapons but I have a very big problem with the spy cams and stun grenades ability to stack. Now you have very unskilled players going around stunning people for 100 hours at a time and killing them. Why should I gather items if someone comes along with stun grenades and can stun me for 5 min at a time and I'm dead without being able to do a damn thing about it. To me that feels like cheating. Sorry but it takes no skill to do that

2017-09-05 20:51:43

yeah, just press enter 3 to 5 times, press one, press one of the errow keys 10 times, and press control and he's ded! what a nice kill!

2017-09-05 21:26:45

Hi!
I don't know, why, but Redspot.exe is automatically removed from my computer.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-09-06 08:06:35

Giovani wrote:

Hi!
I don't know, why, but Redspot.exe is automatically removed from my computer.

This is because of your antivirus.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-06 09:11:35

I thought It, but every Antivirus sometimes made problems to some of games.

2017-09-06 09:42:59

even windows defender didn't jump at redspot, what antivirus are you using?

2017-09-06 10:30:23

Eset smart security.

2017-09-06 20:39:27

If I remember right, for me, the latest version of Defender jumped at it and I had to create an exclusion for the folder I keep games in. You'll need to find out how to add Redspot to your antivirus software's exclusion list so it knows RS isn't a virus.

2017-09-06 21:21:49

hi, about stun grenades, they are super easy to avoid. They take a long time to power up giving you ample time to jump away. Yes, I said jump, they take so long, you can easily get away from them without using a bike. Cameras actually also make a sound when they charge up for a stun pulse, which means you can react and jump away maybe.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-09-07 14:20:55

fumbs up for you conner for that.
big_smile big_smile

2017-09-16 18:16:01

for some reason, the game won't open for me, it says windows cannot access the specified file bla bla bla. I tried turning off my anti virus and It worked for a bit, but then it stopped again. I tried making an exclusion to the folder in windows defender but still it won't open the exe file, the laptop even deletes the exe file itself. it's so annoying, any help would be appreciated.

2017-09-16 19:29:23

yo, what you can do is disable defender. extracting the redspot zip file, then add the exlusion so that redspot.exe is the excludedn file. then it'll work good. the reason that it worked for abit before it stopped working is because defender enables it self after a while