2017-09-05 18:51:03

There's a chance the hurricane is heading in my general direction, so I'm shifting around work priorities to make sure deadlines are met - just in case I'm forced to take cover for awhile.

My current priority is working on internal accessibility presentation proposals, to try to get more support for accessible technology, and improved game support, including blind accessibility. If you'd like to help improve the odds of success, I could both use more information as to how games such as NHL, FIFA, and UFC, and other current EA titles are able to be played (I have enough info on Madden and Need for Speed already). Emails to [email protected] formally requesting game support also help, and thank you to those who have already sent feedback.

I'm going to have to table the madden guide for a couple of days while working on this. I will definitely continue it soon.

Thank you for your support. Hopefully the hurricane boomerangs back out to sea and my schedule changes aren't needed.

- Karen Stevens

2017-09-05 19:56:50

Thank you for everything! You're a wonderful human!

2017-09-05 20:10:41

You guys are the makers of battlefront right? Would it be possible to make that one accessible?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-09-05 21:04:15

Cody - thanks :-)  Rory - yes EA makes battlefront. If you have ideas on how to make it accessible, or if you play part of it already, email me [email protected]

The purpose of the presentation proposal is to prove blind gamers exist and are already part of our audience. It would be a helpful step to try to gain support for more features. Most people I work with didn't even know that a computer could be used without sight, so it's quite an uphill effort.

2017-09-05 21:07:58

Stay safe.

2017-09-05 23:09:09

Agreed with the post above, stay safe.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-09-06 03:08:40

I'll third the motion, stay safe. The last report said Irma was packing winds at 185 MPH, if I'm not mistaken, that's a very powerful category 5 storm and not one I'd want to be anywhere near.

2017-09-06 04:20:57

stay safe. are you the guys that make battlefront2?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-09-06 04:26:32

I heard it might be brought back down to a category 4 by the time it gets to florida, but that's still pretty strong.

2017-09-06 07:43:36

Hi.
I hope everything goes as planned, and the bad weather don't make too much damage.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-06 14:05:08

Hope everything goes as planned and stay safe!

2017-09-06 14:29:28

stay safe, and hope everything goes well according to the plans

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-09-06 18:56:29

First of all, Stay safe, and keep cover until the storm down tongue

Second, thanks of all of your support, and your time to improve the accessibility on EAGames.

I have various ideas, specially for UFC and NFS. I email you to tell some of that.

Thanks so far!

2017-09-07 22:05:18

Thank you for the well wishes, everyone. I managed to get the presentation proposals done in time, here's to hoping they are accepted. Signing off now to go secure my home the best I can. I'll get back to the guide as soon as the studio reopens, earliest is 9/12. Thanks again, Karen Stevens

2017-09-09 17:24:28

@14
Glad to hear everything's going well presentations-wise, I hope you and everyone else who might be impacted by hurricane Irma stays safe.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-09-09 18:36:40

Although a lot bigger and stronger, hurricane Irma is acting like hurricane Mitch from 1999. It was traveling west as Irma is and was predicted to turn north and travel along Florida's west coast, but it never turned and hit the Yucatan peninsula instead.

2017-09-12 18:00:18

EA Tiburon is open today. I took a hit from the hurricane at home, and likely got hit by a tornado. I have some property damage, but am safe. Studio hours are a bit wonky this week, and I lost my home Xbox. I'll be back to writing the guide soon, but the velocity will likely slow for awhile.